Facebook, Google, Yahoo Are Spy Machines.

http://news.cnet.com...l#ixzz1LbG1jUDS

I think this really reassures the idea that we should limit our uses online (i might spend too much time) and strive to converse more in person than through texting/fb and other internet media. Even if we don't have anything to hide, the fact that someone can formulate what kind of a person someone is and materialize a person onto a piece of paper is disturbing. I always had a feeling this was true, but this confirms it.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says Facebook, Google, and Yahoo are actually tools for the U.S. intelligence community.

Speaking to Russian news site RT in an

interview published yesterday, Assange was especially critical of the world's top social network. He reportedly said that the information Facebook houses is a potential boon for the U.S. government if it tries to build up a dossier on users.

"Facebook in particular is the most appalling spying machine that has ever been invented," Assange said in the interview, which was videotaped and published on the site. "Here we have the world's most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations and the communications with each other, their relatives, all sitting within the United States, all accessible to U.S. intelligence."

If that's the case, it might surprise some that WikiLeaks has its very own Facebook

page. In fact, last year, when WikiLeaks released a controversial batch of confidential documents--putting Assange on the run--Facebook refused to shut down that page. The company said at the time that the page did not "violate our content standards nor have we encountered any material posted on the page that violates our policies."

Facebook's response stood in stark contrast to the treatment of WikiLeaks by many other companies in the U.S. last year. Several firms,

including PayPal, blocked the company's accounts.

But Assange didn't just stop at Facebook. He also told RT that in addition to the world's largest social network, Google and Yahoo "have built-in interfaces for U.S. intelligence."

"It's not a matter of serving a subpoena," he told RT. "They have an interface that they have developed for U.S. intelligence to use."

Surprisingly, Assange didn't mention Twitter, another major social network with which his organization has run into trouble.

well its true ppl are stupid enough to put all their information out for the world to know where they, and wat their phone number is,

then they complain about stalkers lol

lol that is true but I don't think the government would stalk you with that information, i think they can easily get a hold of it.

Not sure why yahoo or google would need to look at people's forum profiles:

1217pz8.png

hehe, yahoo, google and other search engines send their spiders to crawl all around the web jeo, including SikhSangat :) The technique is called 'Web Crawling', it basically indexes important keywords from links that later on appear in the search engine results :)

Ah i see, so it's basically a tool to optimize their web searching, nothing related to "spying"? lol

I'm not sure how they would use the information anyways haha

Ah i see, so it's basically a tool to optimize their web searching, nothing related to "spying"? lol

I'm not sure how they would use the information anyways haha

At least thats what it says on the can jeo ;)

If you want to know the truth, then people should look into the relationship and funding Google has with NSA, the CIA. How Facebook was funded by JP Morgan. And how facebook was not really created the way you might think.

Facebook & Google are CIA Fronts If you go on these links, which link to other links, you will notice a dodgy trend.

You can thoroughly read that link, and all the other sites it links to, which provide evidence. Or you can just keep accepting what you are told and that the government are really favouring your best interests. - Yeah right.

Hopefully this will lead people to look more into this. We need to stop buying the mainstream media propaganda, and realise their true agenda.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

search engines and facebook sell your information, what you look at, what your interests are, to advertisers. advertisers use this personalised info to target their ads to you . selling the info to spy agencies is just a small skip away. facebook has actually gotten in some trouble with Canada's privacy commissioner for their use of personal info without clear opt-outs. it's all a bit on the dodgy side, but how else would these companies make their billions?