I Have Nothing In Me What A Sardar (Sikh) Should Be ... Can Anyone Help ?

I was actually thinking about posting this since a long time now ...

I stay in mumbai , India and whatever things maybe .. whether people hate us sikhs or not .. whether bollywood says we are stupid or not ... image of sardars is very much still a majestic and a noble one ...

I am born and brought up in a sikh family , but right since the beginning I am nothing what a normal sardar ought to be .. I have no pride , confidence and some other vital things which I should have . I don't have that competitive nature which most sardarji's have ..

I know above sentences might sound confusing , but I basically sometimes think I am a disgrace to my community ... some non-sikhs have said so , as well ! Dont-know.png

I feel like a confused 21 year old sikh ! please help ..

I suppose being gay isn't helping matters is it?

Being a sardaar is more than just "chak doh phatte" and making a lot of noise. Being mentally adept at dealing with everything that life throws at you, as well as being a formidable physical presence is - in essence - what I imagine an ideal sardaar to be. Forget the drinking, partying and loose-tongued nonsense that some people imagine a sardaar to be.

Try faking it. Pretend to be all those things that you want to be, and eventually you will be. For the confidence thing, I think sports are a great way to build that. Even just bodybuilding would be awesome for you, but something where you compete with other people would be better. You also seem to define yourself in large part by your sexuality... which doesn't make sense. Stop focusing on it so much.

As far as what people say...

Haters-Gonna-Hate-10.jpg

I stay in mumbai , India and whatever things maybe .. whether people hate us sikhs or not .. whether bollywood says we are stupid or not ... image of sardars is very much still a majestic and a noble one ...

I am born and brought up in a sikh family , but right since the beginning I am nothing what a normal sardar ought to be .. I have no pride , confidence and some other vital things which I should have . I don't have that competitive nature which most sardarji's have ..

I know above sentences might sound confusing , but I basically sometimes think I am a disgrace to my community ... some non-sikhs have said so , as well ! Dont-know.png

Istaying in Mumbai will have its influence .

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਾਧਉ ਜੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੁ ਤਰਿਆ ॥

मेरे माधउ जी सतसंगति मिले सु तरिआ ॥

Mere māḏẖa▫o jī saṯsangaṯ mile so ṯari▫ā.

O my Dear Lord of souls, one who joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, is saved.

frankly speaking

never listen to what others say . let them screw themselves cos when the time comes very few live up to the expectations . start with learning some punjabi abuses and keep uttering them all the time . this will build some fake aggression like the folk in punjab these days . you wont overhear a conversation without swearing .lol

Haters-Gonna-Hate-10.jpg

Who is that? Billy Ray Cyrus's half brother?

I bet you he is a line dancing champion where he comes from.

First comes bhagti and then comes the heart to carry yourself as a Singh. Do your paat and everything will fall into place. If you can do a Sehaj paat by yourself, then start it. If that is too much then read Sri Sukhmani Sahib da paat along with other paats.