Sanjog

Guest sonia

Mundasingh ji, with respect, I can't see how someone's earning potential could be any sort of determining factor as to whether that makes them a good match or not. Surely the point of marriage is finding someone who fulfills you spiritually, rather than financially? Somebody who is an amazing person and has a heart full of love? Or is it true that money does indeed make the world go around? I feel myself to be incredibly blessed to have found someone who fulfills my spiritual and emotional needs, to the point where I have not once concerned myself, nor cared, to know how much money she earns. Whether she was a high flyer or on the dole would be of no odds, for I can see that she has a pure heart and a beautiful soul, which to me is absolutely priceless. Don't mean to blow my own horn there but she makes me so happy, I honestly just want to shout it from the rooftops! :)

Just my 2p worth....

Mundasingh ji, with respect, I can't see how someone's earning potential could be any sort of determining factor as to whether that makes them a good match or not. Surely the point of marriage is finding someone who fulfills you spiritually, rather than financially? Somebody who is an amazing person and has a heart full of love? Or is it true that money does indeed make the world go around? I feel myself to be incredibly blessed to have found someone who fulfills my spiritual and emotional needs, to the point where I have not once concerned myself, nor cared, to know how much money she earns. Whether she was a high flyer or on the dole would be of no odds, for I can see that she has a pure heart and a beautiful soul, which to me is absolutely priceless. Don't mean to blow my own horn there but she makes me so happy, I honestly just want to shout it from the rooftops! :)

Just my 2p worth....

Paaji , Nice thoughts . I wish every girls father would look for qualities that would ensure the couple completed each other . Sometimes the first thing that people are interested in is the financial status of the Groom . Kinna Kamaunda Munda ? Ki karda Munda ?

I wish life were a bed of roses . I wouldnt have had to abandon my loves then

Thanks guys, I just wrote exactly how I feel about this. I have noticed that people tend to focus on the frivolous and superficial aspects more when it comes to finding a match, rather than concentrating on the things that really matter. And as mundasingh ji pointed out, it's about being a good human being in general, rather than being a Gursikh.

I do feel that it is possible for people to start thinking this way, it just takes one person to set an example and show another perspective. Like Mahatma Ghandi once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world".

Guest Guest

Erm mundasingh I think you'r missing my point.

Yeh u right it's an attitude that all humans should have. But I said gursikhs because nt a lot of gursikhs think like that. Without being judgmental but most non amrithdarees they don't want that side of life in marriage. Yes they want happiness but everyone's idea of happiness is different.

That's why there's so many divorces. How do you know all

gursikhs are good? There's good apples and rotten apples in every basket.

Erm mundasingh I think you'r missing my point.

Yeh u right it's an attitude that all humans should have. But I said gursikhs because nt a lot of gursikhs think like that. Without being judgmental but most non amrithdarees they don't want that side of life in marriage. Yes they want happiness but everyone's idea of happiness is different.

That's why there's so many divorces. How do you know all

gursikhs are good? There's good apples and rotten apples in every basket.

For the same reason , u cant say that there cant be rotten apples among amritdharees .