Why Do We Ask God For Help

mundasingh123

Sometimes i feel that asking God for Help is just futile because there may be no god cos had there been some god we would nt have had such disasters as the tsunamis that killed so many innocent people . When there are so many destitute people on the street living in slums , so many people having to sleep hungry whereas the rich continue to indulge in lavish luxury , Children growing up without education , simple honest people live an honest living but in poverty and the lack of privileges that they suffer from make it appear as if they are being punished for no reason . When there are so many other people praying to god , would God listen to my prayers ? Blaming the plight of all these people that i mentioned on Karma is futile because a person should know what he is being punished for . Also when i see people pretending to be religious and cheating others by dishonest means , the question mark that i have becomes bigger . Why doesnt God oversee all this .

Guest guptbhenji

WJKK WJKF

Paji from what i think, that why we ask god for help, is that they are the only one that can listen to us properly, and help us with our karms. If we have done bad karms in the past, then in this life we can reduce them by the help of god, as nobody else has the power to do that but god.

Your asking good questions. God is much bigger than we can imagine, and your struggling with the "kid" concept of God that you learned as a child into something much bigger. Only God can answer the questions you ask, so may I suggest you continue to direct your questions to him? Just make sure to pay attention when he questions you.

Guest lost

Your asking good questions. God is much bigger than we can imagine, and your struggling with the "kid" concept of God that you learned as a child into something much bigger. Only God can answer the questions you ask, so may I suggest you continue to direct your questions to him? Just make sure to pay attention when he questions you.

:waheguru: :waheguru: :waheguru:

Well brother, the fact is we are weak and helpless. We are all in an alien (triloki) land. These planes or regions are all made of the 5 tattwas and maya, so as their nature is perishable, naturally anything made out of it, is also going to be transitory and perishable. What you say is nothing, comparable to when parley and mahaparley take place. We have forgotten our true origin(Sach Khand), our true nature(Satnam). The Lord has given us, this precious and unvaluable human body, to cut our bondages(karmas) and through bakti, bandaghee of Nam Simran, get freed forever and return back to Him. But instead, we petty, intellectual and egoistic human beings, waste our priceless time in worldy pusuits, like name, fame, a piece of land, and outer forms of worship, through which we fight each other and are ready to even kill, and cut each other´s throats, up to the extent that we excuse ourselves blindly, saying it is in the name of God.

Shame on us. God Himself is an boundless ocean of love and forgiveness. When our beloved Satguru, Guru Arjun Dev, was tortured, he said: tera bhana meetha laage . When He Himself was all powerfull, if He wished, just by a glance He could have made them ashes. But let us look at His high spirit and faith in the almighty Akal Purukh! Not that He was limited, but it was an example to us humans, how to behave and be, and that not with power we can get or do things, but by merging our will in His will. For that we have to know what is His will.... An this of course, is only possible at the refuge of Sadh Sangat.

This material or triloki universe is not supposed to be a peacefull and tranquil place to stay, if it was so, then of course those incarnations and the phisicall forms of Wahiguru, as our true Gurus, surely would have changed the conditions of this universe.

But that is not supposed to be, otherwise the confused children(souls)like us, would never ever think of going back to our Father´s house, where true peace, true love, happines and bliss, are the ingeredients of the natural atmosphere prevading in each atom of our Father´s House= Sach Khand.

If you have a chance, just go and see for yourself, in our Father´s house, if ever you can see, any of those complaints mentioned by you in your post.

Tte reality is like this, as Wahiguru is the only truth existing, all else is false, transitory and perishable. So, either we attach ourselves to Him through His bhakti and be truly happy, like Him; or we get involved with His creation and condem ourselves in the wheel of eighty four.

The choice is ours, we are the constructors or our destinies. Nobody is to be blamed for anything. as we sow, so shall we reap. Aape bije, aape khae.

So first of all, we have to be consciouss of who and what we are. Where we are at the present moment, where we have to go, and keep observing at all moments the laws governing the creation, in order, not to transgress them and invite trouble and pain in our existences, rather find our way out by keeping in our sight, as said before, the laws governing His creation, His Hukum.

Much more can be said, but hope this is enough for the moment, may Wahiguru shower daya meher on us!