Placards For The Remembrance March & Freedom Rally On Sunday 5 June

Each town/Gurdwara should ensure they produce and bring placards for Sangat taking part in the Remembrance March & Freedom Rally on Sunday 5 June.

The ratio should be at least 10-15 placards per coach. So if 15 coaches are coming from a Gurdwara e.g. Guru Teg Bahdur Gurdwara, Leicester at least 150-200 placards are an absolute must. If 10 coaches are coming from a Gurdwara e.g. Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Sedgley Street, Guru Nank Gurdwara, Smethwick etc. at least 100-150 placards are an absolute must.

Placards should be kept simple and something along the following lines:

1) Justice for Indian army massacre of Sikhs in June 1984

2) Indian authorities disappeared my Father, tortured and killed my best friend now they want me hanged

[Have image of Professor Bhullar and state Professor Davinderpal Singh Bhullar]

3) No justice for Sikhs in India

4) We will never forget 1984

5) India can never extinguish calls for freedom and Sikh independence

Placards should be kept simple and something along the following lines:

2) Indian authorities disappeared my Father, tortured and killed my best friend now they want me hanged

Are you serious ? and you think when people read "Indian authorities disappeared my father" they're gonna think about the suffering of the Sikhs rather than laugh at how bad the Sikhs are with signs and grammar?

You need to be creative with signs. Use your imagination. Put yourself in the shoes of the average white briton that just happens to be passing and notices a sign. What would make you take notice and want to know more................Think of things along the lines of "1/4 million DEAD and nothing SAID".....and when passers by ask you for background info you can tell them that 1/4 million Sikhs murdered and nobody arrested and charged with their murder.

You need to be creative with signs. Use your imagination. Put yourself in the shoes of the average white briton that just happens to be passing and notices a sign. What would make you take notice and want to know more................Think of things along the lines of "1/4 million DEAD and nothing SAID".....and when passers by ask you for background info you can tell them that 1/4 million Sikhs murdered and nobody arrested and charged with their murder

I'm gonna expand a little on what I said earlier because I really do feel that we Sikhs, on our demonstrations, are unbelievably naiave and lost when it comes to good signs. Our signs are amateurish at best but downright pathetic at worst.

It seems no thought goes into them. Nobody seems to take a step back and think what the person we're trying to reach with the sign, will make of the sign. In this regard, the Canadian and American Sikhs are way ahead of us. Mostly because they're education system is wonderfull at teaching them how to be politicaly active and make a point. Thats is why....when there's a Sikh demonstration in canada or America....so many of those Sikh placards have either the Maple leaf or the American flag on it....to show people reading the signs that they (the sikhs)are good patriots of that nation. Thats half the battle won right there. Already, the Sikh demonstrators have got the public to at least be willing to listen to them and take an interest in them. When was the last time you saw a Union jack on any of the signs at UK demonstrations involving sikhs ? Personally, I've never seen one. Never seen one, when the vast majority should have the flag on them. Anything, to show how we are good patriots of this country. Honestly, i feel we British Sikhs are the greatest in the world at actually flexing our muscle and actually getting out there and doing things. But when it comes to intellectual things.....artistic things.....communication things.....we are definately number 3 on the list behind America and Canada. a very poor third.

I'm gonna expand a little on what I said earlier because I really do feel that we Sikhs, on our demonstrations, are unbelievably naiave and lost when it comes to good signs. Our signs are amateurish at best but downright pathetic at worst.

It seems no thought goes into them. Nobody seems to take a step back and think what the person we're trying to reach with the sign, will make of the sign. In this regard, the Canadian and American Sikhs are way ahead of us. Mostly because they're education system is wonderfull at teaching them how to be politicaly active and make a point. Thats is why....when there's a Sikh demonstration in canada or America....so many of those Sikh placards have either the Maple leaf or the American flag on it....to show people reading the signs that they (the sikhs)are good patriots of that nation. Thats half the battle won right there. Already, the Sikh demonstrators have got the public to at least be willing to listen to them and take an interest in them. When was the last time you saw a Union jack on any of the signs at UK demonstrations involving sikhs ? Personally, I've never seen one. Never seen one, when the vast majority should have the flag on them. Anything, to show how we are good patriots of this country. Honestly, i feel we British Sikhs are the greatest in the world at actually flexing our muscle and actually getting out there and doing things. But when it comes to intellectual things.....artistic things.....communication things.....we are definately number 3 on the list behind America and Canada. a very poor third.

Not being sarcastic or anything, why don't we take Union Jacks and English flags to the rally, and hold them parallel to our Khalistan flag? :)

:khalsa2: :khalsa:

Are you serious ? and you think when people read "Indian authorities disappeared my father" they're gonna think about the suffering of the Sikhs rather than laugh at how bad the Sikhs are with signs and grammar?

You need to be creative with signs. Use your imagination. Put yourself in the shoes of the average white briton that just happens to be passing and notices a sign. What would make you take notice and want to know more................Think of things along the lines of "1/4 million DEAD and nothing SAID".....and when passers by ask you for background info you can tell them that 1/4 million Sikhs murdered and nobody arrested and charged with their murder.

Keep the ideas coming for placards . . .

Hope to see many placards . . .

West London Singh should post some more ideas, but also put them into action . . .