Media Impact

wjkk wjkf

As we seen with Channel4's Tamil Documentary, media plays the greatest role in not only educating ones own community but the outside world as well.

At the time of 1984 Delhi massacre, dozens of newspaper reporters and camera men who worked for mostly state owned TV and newspapers were in the area, most of these photos were not published.

How can we make an appeal to those who may have photos in their archives?

Politicians and officials would have destroyed some, but i'm sure there's many still unpublished on reels.

Money incentive for previously unpublished photos?

Website with anonymous submission for Cash?

Let make the media campaign for the memory of the dehli massacre this November the biggest ever.

Apologies if this is slightly off-topic. The Tamil groups in East London led a strong local campaign of publicity prior to the airing of this Channel 4 documentary with leaflet drops to houses targeted at non-Tamils to watch the documentary. An excellent way of raising the profile of the issue. I will scan the leaflet I got through my letterbox on Sunday highlighting the atrocities by the Sri Lankan Gov't on Tamils whilst also urging people to watch the show. Door to door leaflet drops are a simple but effective way of raising the profile of an issue amongst the wider community.

However back to specific topic, as Sarbha Punjab has pointed out there needs to be a mass exercise of delving into media archives to recover footage relating to Delhi 84 Galucara. Don't forget the Global media would have been present in Delhi during the few days covering Indira Ghandi's funeral, so there must be footage out there that's either been surpressed or forgotten about. Most TV media companies archive aired footage, however this policy will vary and it's the un-aired footage that we are probably after.

We can fund a reasearcher or commission some kind of reputable independent documentary-media company?

We can fund a reasearcher or commission some kind of reputable independent documentary-media company?

Jagmeet Singh Samundri is one amazing director and you can see his work here: http://www.youtube.com/user/sikhmediaworld

He is very professional and very fast in his work and a very good friend of mine. He is so dedicated to create Sikh history in media format that he does that on no loss no profit basis.

I am sure in nearby future i will be happy to work with him on creating something beneficial for our community.