Repair Or Renew Your Tabla For Free

PAL 07

Now that's awesome. (What if i ship my tabla from USA)areyouhappy.gif joking hehe

Is there anyway to repair this tabla? The pardah is ripped. I got it like that as a kid to practice the tabla, have had it since.

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

The treble side is quite loose as well, not sure how to tighten it. I pulled out the tabla a week ago or so to practice.

if you just want something to play about on then your tabla will just about do the job, if you want quality sound from your tabla then both skins need to be replaced. Actually the best skins are not readily available in Punjab since Calcutta, Bombay is the best place, but i am in the process of ordering some from a contact in the UK just so that if anybody needs new skins putting on they can have the best quality. But yeh you need new skins on them the Duggi is 9" and the Chatu appears to be a 4.5

i live in the west midlands, but we make arrangements to meet, it usually only takes 5 minutes to repair the tabla's so i can do it there and then. i don't charge any money because im just doing it to promote this vidiya so in one way i am doing Sikhi parchaar, please email me singhpalvinder@hotmail.co.uk

no - its far better and less hassle to just put a new skin on and then look after your tabla - the syahee on the duggi will go bad only if you keep playing akj style where you keep blaasting the bass line, so the only solution is to either use the duggi properly or buy a pakhavaj duggi where you have to put flour dough on.

if the syahee on the small drum is slightly bad you can put pvc glue on it provided you have found the cavity that is the cause of the buzzing...tablas wear and tear quite quickly depending on how much you use them, i bought a bespoke tabla about 6 months ago and already its not as brand new as it was then and so i dont use it, i just do my riyaaz on my other tabla