Caste Discrimination Amongst Youth

Looking at the issue dispassionately (as can be realistically possible considering I'm a Sikh), you have to wonder what's in the water these days that's causing so many people to rise up against injustice or double-standards - perceived or otherwise. We've had / got the so-called Arab Spring in Islamic countries with people protesting against their governments and a desire to be free from oppressive regimes.

Now we've got the Ravidassia community finding a voice and airing their grievances in such a vociferous way after decades of disrespect (as they might describe it). Could it be that oft-rumoured awakening of mankind is finally upon us whereby people are not content to be shackled and subjugated anymore and just want freedom, equality and fair play?

dalsingh101 be careful you don't fall off your high horse. Look stop putting words into my mouth, why can't you understand that the website this anti-caste forum is on is set-up by the same people wanting to split the Ravidassia community from Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it's like going on to the ultra right wing RSS site and expecting them to give satkaar to the Sikh faith. The question that has been asked is to give examples of caste hatred so there is no way the stories are goning to be fair and in favour of jatts or Sikhs even if they are true they would have had the bollywood treatment to make them as horrific as possible.

It is becoming glaringly apparent that any person that tries to look out for the Khalsa Panth by analysing and educating themselves in world affairs there are too many out there who want to block any headway. I can see right now why a close person to me does not give a damn about sikhs or the faith even though he is born into a punjabi sikh family and only uses his very well known indian tv channel to make money and his many asian dab radio channels never mention anything against the indian government.

I think it's best if I concentrate on trying to start my internet tv channel rather than waste my time on internet wars - it's better to serve Sikhi and be at arms length then be open and tied up in hot air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQpELo84MKc

(uploaded on SikhWorldTV YouTube Feb 2011)

I think it's best if I concentrate on trying to start my internet tv channel rather than waste my time on internet wars

Well I hope you do a better job of giving a fair portrayal of the oppressed there than you have here.

There is no big topic. Every Sikh just needs to stop engaging in, covering up or excusing caste based discrimination (just like our Gurus wanted) until no one can point a finger at us. End of story.

If you are going to use media to help in all this, try some open condemnation of those hypocritical Sikhs who imagine themselves some sort of 'master race' and do the kind of crap people are complaining of.

Once we clearly bring home the message that not only is this behaviour abhorrent and inhumane but also in stark contradiction to the teachings of the faith and eliminate it. Not only will there be no ammunition to be used against us, our society itself would have improved and progressed from the outdated pendu feudal system too many people adhere to and try to condone/protect.

that's right, there is a hell of a lot of propaganda, and this rajbanger is a known trouble maker.

We are smart enough to understand there is failings on our side which are being taken advantage of by others. rather than going round in circles, what we need to do going forward is to counteract the propaganda.

make much more attempt to promote ravidas community as Sikhs, hold bigger programs on Bhagat Ravidas ji gurpurb, more videos etc. Joint Gurdwara programs, ie Nagir Kirtans etc. Highlight how caste system is against sikhi in the media. highlight other Sikh personalities and their contributions to sikhi who came from that background.

This battle can only be wonthrough respect, pyaar and parchaar.

Pyare Mehtab Singh ji, on reading the 3 stories in the link post from 2009 they are very negative specifically against the jatt tribe and viciously negative against the Sikh faith.

(1.) You don't need to know if these stories are a lie or the truth but by reading the venom with which they are written the divisive intent is to drive a wedge between the Sikhs/Hindus and the Ravidassia community. So by the time you have finished reading them as a member of a community that has had issues in the past they again become inflammed and angry.

(2) This process of a Ravidassia power struggle is self evident you just need to watch both parties ridicule each other on both channels - one lot argue against what the other side have said in a statement every week (June 2011)

In my original post I have not given any indication of my personal thoughts on the issue of caste and my position is solid as it is in the Sikh faith all are equal.

This post specifically deals with the Ravidassia forum where persons have been asked to write all the bad stuff that has happened to them because of their caste.

There is no point in discussing the evils of caste in relation to this post as it is totally one sided and has been set-up to divide on religious lines rather than the historical caste system.

Sat Bachan jeeo :)