Asian Network Now!

_!_GUPT_!_

The Sikh discussion part of the show started from 2 pm. Focused on Delhi 1984 and Jarnail Singh's book "I Accuse".

I only heard bits of the show as I was at work but

- Jarnail Singh journalist was a guest and got to make some strong points

-the show was presented by a stand in (Naresh Suri) and not Nihal (the guy had more of a general awareness of issues relating to the sub-continent than Nihal the coconut)

- the stirrer Jasminder managed to call in as usual and put his usual nasty comments forward (I'm sure he's contacted by BBC AN everytime there's a Sikh issue being discussed).

Overall not a bad discussion, probably needed more articulate English speakers to complement Jarnail Singh's comments however a 1 hour discussion only really scratches the surface.

- the stirrer Jasminder managed to call in as usual and put his usual nasty comments forward (I'm sure he's contacted by BBC AN everytime there's a Sikh issue being discussed).

Jeez, what is this guy's problem? He always rings in whenever there's a Sikh issue being discussed and offers his "unique" views. Listening to his arguments for the past 2 years or so, and he definitely has a problem with the amritdhari / orthodox aspect of Sikhi. Plus he always sounds so stressed like he's about to explode if he doesn't get his digs in. :blink2:

Jeez, what is this guy's problem? He always rings in whenever there's a Sikh issue being discussed and offers his unique views. Listening to his arguments for the past 2 years or so, and he definitely has a problem with the amritdhari / orthodox aspect of Sikhi. Plus he always sounds so stressed like he's about to explode if he doesn't get his digs in. :blink2:

Unless you have information in advance that Nihal's show is picking up a Sikh topic I can't see how you can get this regular phone in slot Jasminder seems to get. Jasminder is either called up by BBC AN on the day and invited to call in or he knows a reseacher inside.

Jasminder claims to be everywhere and even said he was at Dudley and Grays Morcha which he mentioned on the last Nihal show on the Dudley issue. If that is the case, then many of us may probably know who he is.