Hindu Scripture Order Prompts Row In Karnataka State

Khalasthan86

Hindu scripture order prompts row in Karnataka state

_54162623_reading_gita_afp304.jpg

Opposition parties and minority groups in India's Karnataka state are angry that the Hindu scripture, Bhagvad Gita, must be taught in schools.

The state authorities recently directed schools to teach the Hindu holy book for three hours a week.

Education Minister Visveswara Hegde Kageri said that those who did not want to learn the Gita should leave India.

Opponents of the move say that the state government order violates their constitutional rights.

The state is governed by the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

"Only those who want to promote religious ideologies of foreign countries are protesting the Bhagvad Gita classes," Mr Kageri said recently.

"If they want to promote their ideologies, they have no place in this country. They should leave."

His comments have angered the opposition Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) parties who have petitioned Governor HR Bharadwaj to stop the programme immediately.

The governor, too, has described Mr Kageri's controversial comment as "unwise and unfortunate".

Christian and Muslim leaders have said the government is "trying to cause communal disharmony".

They said the order violated the constitutional rights of educational institutions of minority communities.

The Minorities Instiutions' Federation has also filed a petition in the Karnataka high court challenging the government's order.

The court last week asked the state and federal governments to explain the education department's circular.

In his defence, Mr Kageri said the BJP government in Karnataka neither sponsored nor funded the exercise.

He said the Gita had been taught in schools since 2007 and that some people were trying to create a controversy.

"The government had only asked the education department to extend its co-operation to the programme as it had been doing for other programmes like planting of saplings organised by various organisations," news agency Press Trust of India quoted Mr Kageri as saying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14218503

Indoctrination. SImple as.

Look its fine if you're curious about other religions and their scriptures, and you decide to check them out. Heck, I read the likes of the Mahabharata, The Bible, etc., as a teenager. But not because I was forced to, but because I was curious and wanted to learn about other faiths and their mythologies.

But this policy is utter nonsense.

Singho ive decided to return to the forum after a short while out..thanks to a gupt singh who convinced me to return..i just got disillusioned with not being able to visably see the person i am debating or chatting with...its seems very emotionless..not being able to smile at a brother and hug him when you say fateh...more pyaar in person..anyways time to stop being a whiny little <banned word filter activated> and get on with it....

back to the topic...SINGHO BE READY..THIS IS HINDUTVA CREEPING INTO THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN INDIA...SOON THEY WIL BE TEACHING SIKH STUDENTS THE GITA AND TELLING THEM TO FORGET GURUJI...THEY WILL ATTEMPT TO DESTROY OUR DHARAM...BE READY....HOPEFULLY THIS COMES AS A SLAP TO ANYONE WHO THINKS SIKHS DONT NEED KHALISTAN..SHAME ON YOU!!

Education Minister Visveswara Hegde Kageri said that those who did not want to learn the Gita should leave India. - THIS IS WHY WE NEED KHALISTAN...I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THIS...EVER SINCE GURUJI BY THE WILL OF WAHEGURU CREATED THIS KAUM..THE FUNDAMENTALIST BHRAMIN WORSHIPPERS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO FINISH SIKHI

Ok Singho , We are very fortunate that we have our Muslim and Christian brethren in India as a buffer between these Bahmans and Sikhs !

Trust me , But BJP / RSS is so involved with tackling muslims and christians that they see us as "we will deal with them later ."

And trust me , one thing , our leaders are corrupt and due to closeness of hindu and sikh as "brothers and sons of same soil " actually helps these hindutva people to infilitrate sikhi ! But , now they have 2 foreign , aggressive religions to tackle with and worse is that most hindus don't give a damn to what happens to hinduism !

Islam and christianity are abrahamic , foreign religions and won't show any mercy for infidels whatsoever !

Congress doesn't gives a damn to hindus or hinduism ! infact they see BJP / RSS and hindutva as anti-India !

So , Singho , trust me , I stay in India and I know our muslim brothers are going to give these hindutva clowns a real bad time ! areyouhappy.gif

Admin Note: Next time, just post once and not 5 times. The reason you don't see your post after you hit "Post" is because you are under moderation, so unless your post is approved by an Admin or a Mod, you won't see it

nd worse is that most hindus don't give a damn to what happens to hinduism !

Admin Note: Next time, just post once and not 5 times. The reason you don't see your post after you hit "Post" is because you are under moderation, so unless your post is approved by an Admin or a Mod, you won't see it

Hmm, firstly religious disagree with this education minister, next lets look at your statement above, no doubt some dont give a damn, but then some do and know full well the truth of sanatan dharma, and basically all faiths should be respected, India is a secular nation, tinpot ministers cannot turn this to a religious nation, King Asoka over 2000 years ago laid down just and humane edicts for all people.

Pathway of a secular democracy, though not as good as we have here in the UK, is the right path and India will take time to get to a higher standard.

Trust me , But BJP / RSS is so involved with tackling muslims and christians that they see us as "we will deal with them later ."

hmm really wonder how this will happen, where wil they get their support base, majority of people have no interest in dealing with anyone, muslim faith christian faith sikh faith, hindu faith and other faiths- brothers and sisters of humanity have common cause for the majority to just live as fellow human beings, and to take care of the dark side of communal elements whose soel goal is to stir this against that.

No doubt Hindu far right is growing, but their support base can never be above a few percent just like BNP here.