Am In In The Wrong

satty2007

WJKK WJKF

I wanted sangat's on this. Basically I went to the guru ghar and I had a really strong urge to do chaur sahib. I was blessesd buy guru sahib and after about an hour the granthi singh came to me and asked me to do Chaur Sahib seva. I had been doing seva literally only for 5 min when another singh comes in to the darbar does mata tek and asks me if he could Chair Sahib seva. I've always believed if someone asks for seva in the guru ghar should never say no. So i let the singh do seva and waited patiently for about half an hour.After half an hour I went to do seva again and went up to the singh and asked politely if I can do seva. His reply was "you was just doing seva before me" and he stayed quite for a while. He let me do the seva but he wasn't happy about it.

My question is did i do something wrong by taking the seva from the singh. Im feeling upset about it coz I may have hurt his feelings.I know that this singh does alot of paath in the guru ghar and comes to the gurdwara everyday. I'm worried I am have commtited big paap by doing this.

Immolate yourself on the holy fire to cleanse your soul of the sin you have committed.

Nah I'm messing Singh. Don't worry about it. Some people are uber-sensitive when it comes to seva and their perceived roles in the Gurughar. You should have just let him do chaaur seva for as long as he wanted. To him, it probably felt like you were on his case. Not your fault though because you were enthusiastic.

Don't let this experience put you off. You never know it might have been a test to see if you come back stronger next time, as opposed to slinking away into the shadows at the first sign of adversity. Keep it up!

I used to do regular seva in langar hall and use to feel very upset and angry when i use to see someone doing seva standing at my place. With time i learned that never ask for seva which is already being done instead find some thing else to do if you cant find anything just sit and listen gurbani.