Indias Independance Topic

Paneer Monster

dear admins...

i understand why you deleted the thread....

please can you re post it but delete any parts of posts that are filled with hatred. there are many valid points which i have put up and which would give a genuine insight as to why some sikhs prefer not to celebrate indias independence.

please seriously consider this request.

thank you.

Paneer,

I understand your points and why you feel hurt, I hope you realise and understand my point of view.

If I can do anything to help ur cause ( I as a Proud Hindu support the Sikh fight for justice against the attrocities of 1984, and the criminals of 1984, who I repeat were brought in by Rajiv Ghandi Khan, from outside Delhi, mainly Yaadav criminals gangs, and prisoners let out of jail - paid to kill anyone with a turban - THESE WERE NOT HINDUS - THESE WERE CRIMINAL DOGS - who have no faith or dharm)

let me know how I can help, thanks for your apology.

PM me, Jai mata di

respect

PARNAAM SHAHEEDA NU!

The majority off members here recognise the outstanding contirbution of Sikhs to kick out the Britishers, proportionally Sikhs contributed so much whilst numerically being insignificant.

So all those who have been posting negative comments in the previous thread just think for one second it's just a slap in the face and highly disrespectful to the great freedom fighters such as Shaheed-e-Azam Sardar Bhagat Singh Ji, Mahan Shaheed Sardar Kartar Singh Sarabha and also the likes of Bhai Randhir Singh Ji (AKJ Founder, who was imprisioned for seeking independance), too mention a few well known Sikhs. They fought for and in some cases laid their lives down for independance, they did'nt know what was too come in the future.

Seriously some youngsters in the Sikh community in UK need to learn more about history before talking. (Not refering to anyone on this site, but a few conversations I've had).

Firstly Pakistan was created and Punjab split because muslims were a majority, Sikhs have always been the minority. Even during maharaja Ranjit Singhs rule Sikhs were a minority compaired to Muslims (the most), then to Hindus. So the claim the Pakistani's took our Punjab, is wrong they have more validity in the fact all of Punjab should have been handed over as muslims were the majority. Even though thats nonsense.

Secondly our youngsters think we were dealt another slap in the face in the 60's when Punjab was split to create Haryana. Well Haryana was never part of the Sikh kingdom for that matter neither was most of Malwa. Although Malwa was considered Punjabi due to dialect Haryana never was.

Haryana was only added to Punjab for administration purposes and as gratitude to the Sikhs after the 1857 mutiny, in which they were an enormous help. After partition The princely states such as Patitala etc, were joined together with Punjab which included present Haryana. It was known as PEPSU.

Those who think Sikhs were dealt another blow when Punjab was split again in the 60's are misguided. Well most Sikhs live in present day Punjab not Haryana. The princely states were added to Punjab also. So more Sikhs and more Punjabi speaking people added to punjab. Maybe the Delhi sarkar made a miscalulation thinking we've split it in half again. But guess what for the first time ever SIKHS were a MAJORITY in PUNJAB. This led to the Punjabi suba and Punjabi Gurmukhi being the official written language of Punjab. Even during our Gurus time or maharaja Ranjit Singh's time Gurmukhi was not the official written language. Well now it is.

If Haryana was never taken off (well it should never have been added as there not punjabi), and Pakistan created Gurmukhi would never have flourised. As during our grandparents time urdu was the state language and even Sikhs wrote it, only those who attended gurdwareh or good schools choose gurmukhi and english as opposed to urdu or shahmukhi. Even in my village today in India some elders who speak punjabi obviously, write in urdu and can't spell or read gurmukhi, theres even gutka sahibs in urdu.