GNFA election 2004

S1ngh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah i watched the video last night, MM veer ji sent me the link.

The old guy who said, "I am still young" it may sound funny but thats exactly the mentality of majority of Gurdwara commettee uncles. One foot in the grave and instead of teaching youngsters we are just got caught up in the Gurdwara politics.

Another thing mentioned in the Video that the Gurdwara has Two splits of groups. one group does one thing other does another. How can we do such things infront of the guru ji and still claim to be sikh. If a sikh doesnt have pyaar for another gursikh then how much pyaar can you have for the Guru?

The above situation isnt just GNFA gurudwara its everywhere. Even in my gurdwara we have two groups. Its the same everywhere :wub:

Good report.

However the reporter refers to the genocide of june 84 as the wadha gallughara.

In Sikh history wadha gallughara is used to refer to the February 1762 massacre of Sikhs by Zain Khan and Ahmad Shah. This was a day when a large proportion of the then small Sikh population was wiped out in one day.

Its good remembering those killed in 84 but we should also remember those killed during the wadha gallughara in 1762.

I doubt very much that any other quam could have recovered from an event like 1762. It took a quam like the Sikhs to rise from this event and became the masters of Punjab.

Topic is not about "Chota" or "Vada" Ghalughara .. The report is not on that !!!

Mega ---> :lol:

Now shhsss shhh.gif

Anyone from this forum goes to GNFA ? is that the name of gurdwara?

:wub: ) :D ) :wub: ) :lol: ) :lol: ) :lol: ) :lol: ) :lol: )

No but original post has a link to a video file in which the report the reporter uses the term Wadha Gallughara to describe Bluestar. ohmy.gif This may be bacause she does not know about the Wadha Gallughara or is confused. I do not want other people to view the report and get confused.

It is important that we do not forget the Wadha Gallughara of 1762 or allow people to confuse it with Bluestar. :TH:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

typical dumb jats. Just there to show they are in power, but can't even spell Guru Nanak name.

samosasingh, you shouldnt be so quick to give people lessons on how to spell. Its Guru Nanak's name, not Guru Nanak name.

The second thing i have to say is regarding your comment on 'typical dumb jats'. Being a sikh, you should not sterotype or judge anyone. Jat refers to farmers. If you want to specifically refer to Jats who promote their caste, then by all means go ahead in another thread, but you have pointlessly brought up caste in this issue.

You have sterotyped a jat as being dumb. The caste system topic comes back to the jat caste all the time, even though every caste tends to only deal within its own, but thats another issue. One caste shouldnt all be singled out with the caste problem. Sikhi tackles the entire problem, not just one party involved.

If for some reason i had made a comment involving those who handle the Gurdwara finances as Typical dumb Bhapay, youre telling me that you wouldnt have called me a casteist???? i wouldnt have been vilified??? If a non-jatt makes a comment like yours its acceptable, but if a jat makes a comment like that its wrong. The point is, they are A

LL wrong.

I might have went off on a tanget, but the main point remains that i found the comment you made offensive and totally uncalled for. This was a matter of SIKHI here and to bring up caste for any reason is unacceptable. We are Khalsa, lets help the problem, not create the problem.

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473

Important Information

Terms of Use