GNFA election 2004

S1ngh

After two years and several hundreds of thousands of dollars spent by each side on the lawsuit, the drama seems to be coming to a conclusion. The GNFA opposition group, headed by Amar Singh, won all seats on the board. Most of the members of the new board will be the same people who were on the board before the lawsuit was filed.

The results came as a relief and a surprise to those who supported the opposition group. Most are looking forward to having the GNFA raagi jathaa, that the GNFA management fired, reinstated. The opposition group had been holding their own services at a local school. Many had not been back at GNFA since the lawsuit began.

Those two paragraphs describe the What has been going wrong in our panth in all counties not just this one.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Je Ke Fateh

I am a youth of this Guru Kar( Guru Nanak Foundation of America) is the gurdwara that i go to and i have been going there for many many years. I know what has been going on with the Gurdwara and why there are two partys. It actually started with the Bhai Sahibs of that Gurudwara, who were not corroporating with the managenment...so what the managenment had to do is take them out of the Guru Kar. People have said that how can the previous gurdwara management kick out its own Bhai Sahibs..well there were soo many reasons and with those reasons there were proofs too...i personally am not a favor of these Bhai Sahibs because of what they have done and how they have DISCOURAGED a young women to wear a Keski..this really shows there Gursikhi. Its not even that there are so many other things. Also one thing that upsets me now is that the new committee's secretary is NOT a Gursikh and the last committee had an Gursikh secretary and an Gursikh chairperson. Another thing that many of the sikhs dont understand in that gurdwara and probably other places.. is that sikhism does not believe in priestly class. Many of the followers of the Bhai Sahibs left doing seva of the gurdwara since the Bhai Shaibs had to leave the Gurdwara and started attending at a local school in which these Bhai Sahibs would do kirtan...so basically people came to do the darshan of these Bhai Sahibs instead of doing the darshan of the Guru. Its really messed up..i hope one day the youth would be able to do something..but only if the youth would actually come to Gurudwara.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh

i won't go into casteism stuff.. but i want to mention it.. "So far i notice that jatts also try to preserve the Rehat in the gurdwaras and camps" while others try to bring meat into the camps and so on... Sorry but i wanted to bring that up cauz i want to show that it doesn't matter what caste one belongs too, all have faults.. and the only reasonable solution is "Not to blame others, work over it and solve for it.." Again i do not believe in caste stuff.. just my two cent

• 2 months later...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It is difficult to present your argument to everyone - but it should be remembered that the official sikh representative parties in Punjab did not support the Bhindrawala group. Both the Akali party and the sikhs of the Congress party, the Sikhs of the Communist party (many sikhs from pre independence and post independence - remember Bhagat Singh - are members of this party - the leader of the Communist party for the last 30 or 40 years has been a Sikh) did not support the Bhindra wala Group.

I do not support any of the above parties but I am sure all the sikhs in all these parties including those like me who did not support any of them, regret the attack on the Golden Temple and condemn the political stances taken. But we still do not support any peoples or organisations who preach that 'if you are not with us then you are not a sikh'. I am independent! I will take on the world on my own! Believe in yourself and do not be a pack animal! Listen to the arguments and form your own views! Guru Nanak Devjis's message of I am neither Hindu nor Mussalman (Muslim) also meant he did not wish to be member of any group (Hindu Sikh or Muslim). He said was part of the True One God's (Ek Onkar Satnam) people - which is everybody on this Earth. You do not have to be Gursikh or Sikh or anything - as long as you have the Satguru's jyot within you - you will love all humanbeing for what is inside them - God - not what their appearance is like.

yo independent diya putta, 1984 isn't about sant jarnail singh ji, 48 other Gurdwaras were also attacked! Was he at all of them! And what about Delhi pogroms? Remembering your martyrs doesn't mean ok the parties didn't support Bhindrawaala, remembering the shaheeds means remembering those who were butchered by the gov't.

And for your information Badal <admin-profanity filter activated> and the whole Akali Dal stood next to Bhindrawaala and said they would die defending the Akal Takhat. Well we know who kept their promise.

And as for Guru Nanak Dev Ji's message, the jot of guru nank dev ji was passed to all the 10 gurus and now resides in sri Guru Granth sahib Ji. When Guru Gobind Singh Ji fought against the Hindu hill rajas and aurangzeb was that wrong? Yes sikhs believe in equality buut sorry buddy oppression is not to our liking.

So I guess Udam Singh and Bhagat singh were wrong, they fought against the british for an independent bharat. Man we are all equal, why were the British made to leave. Man people like you have no anakh. You think martyrdom in Sikhi ended the day Hindustan was freed. The only martyrs these days are the ones fighting under the tiranga, all the jhujaroo singhs who fought for our kaum were wrong....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I am not sure whether you understood my response. But some of your stuff I did not understand. Thanks for your adjectives towards me - much appreciated. What does "The only martyrs these days are the ones fighting under the tiranga, all the jhujaroo singhs who fought for our kaum were wrong...." mean? You have confused me! And what are jhujaroo singhs?

I have spent some time in Punjab probably like most people from US/Canada/UK but on the ground support is thin for an all out offensive. I think a lot of people including Hindus realise that the attacks on the sikhs, the marginalisation, the pogroms, the punjab situation, 1984, etc was a big error. So what is the solution?

As far as the jyot I was talking about - that jyot is the one inside all and each of us.

The transferring of the jyot from the ten gurus to the Gru Granth Sahibji was to aid those who have a weakness not to be able to pray directly to Ek Onkar Sat Nam.

I see in Gurdwara's a lot of blind idol worship - people seem to want to touch and bow to almost every bit of the structure.

What do you think?

"are members of this party - the leader of the Communist party for the last 30 or 40 years has been a Sikh) did not support the Bhindra wala Group.

I do not support any of the above parties but I am sure all the sikhs in all these parties including those like me who did not support any of them, regret the attack on the Golden Temple and condemn the political stances taken. But we still do not support any peoples or organisations who preach that 'if you are not with us then you are not a sikh'."

your post seems clear in which you are saying Bhindrawaala preached hatred, which is absurd. was this not what you wrote in your post?

typical dumb jats. Just there to show they are in power, but can't even spell Guru Nanak name. wacko.gif

Unbelievable Samosa Singh...................where the hell do you get off insulting the Jatt people............

............at www.sikh-history.com I personally have fought battles aginst such ignorant comments like this for years................and we have complaints from people like you that Sikhs from Jatt backgrounds don't treat them fairly.........................well if those are the stupid comments you are going to make then who can blame them...............

..............understand this ....................caste/race is a tool used by politicians to gain power.........................especially these self appointed "Pardhans"........................in Kenya the same dirty game was played by Ramgarhia Sikhs.......................and if Sikhi has taught us anything..................two wrongs don't make a right..........

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

That was not central to what I was stating but I believe we sikhs could do much better. I get no joy from seeing people representing us who I have no respect for in a professional managment sense. Look the world is a large place - but it is moving forward very quickly, it is becoming a smaller global place! We are one of the youngest as a group in the world. We have a fantastic modernistic thought / religious process. We can lead the world - let us not get pulled behind by "this is the way it was 300 years ago therefore this is the way we should carry on" (this is akin to the Muslim approach - diktat by religious so called leaders). We have a wealth of professional managers, scientists, doctors, engineers, business entrepreneurs both in the West and in India who are marginalised because they cannot match rhetoric with Bhai Sahibs. Let us keep those two areas separate. Remember it is the British who have shackled us by creating the Gurdwara Acts and thus submitting us to the SGPC. In our glory days we were led by individuals - Guru Tegh Bahudurji, Guru Gobind Singhji, Banda Bahadurji, Maharaja Ranjit Singh etc.

So what I said was that not all of us and none of the different political representatives supported either each other or Bhindrawale.

One other thing when Ahmed Shah Abdali attacked Amritsar over 200 years ago, the sikhs inside the Golden Temple came outside to fight in order that the Temple itself was not damaged - is that not a sign of the amount of love and respect they had for our Golden Temple?

Jagga Dakku I respect your views.. But sadly.. i don't agree with it. You are stating that we should change ourselves as the world changes. Yes we can and should change ourselves and we do in many areas like in social, educational, lifestyle.. but WE should NEVER EVER compromise of our Khalsa roop and Sikhi with this manmat world... You can call me with names "Fanatics" or "Fundamental" but doesn't gonna have any effect on me :lol:

We can lead the world - let us not get pulled behind by "this is the way it was 300 years ago therefore this is the way we should carry on" (this is akin to the Muslim approach - diktat by religious so called leaders).
I think sikhism is more than 300 years old. Or maybe you are pointing the "Amrit Ceremony" which happened around 300 years ago?? Im not sure about what you meant, but im pretty much sure it's kinda matches kala's theory... Anyway.. Yes we can LEAD the world in Khalsa Roop and WE are leading it.. aren't we ?? <_>
We have a wealth of professional managers, scientists, doctors, engineers, business entrepreneurs both in the West and in India who are marginalised because they cannot match rhetoric with Bhai Sahibs.

Yeh yeh yeh .. i know so many called doctors or other professionals here in west where they are self-known as "Scholars" and chairman of sikh studies in some universities.. Let me tell you this.. I would be VERY GLAD to have a friend who is unemployed rather than a friend with tag of DR... If one is doc or engineer or business guy.. THAT DOESN"T MEAN that he/she knows everything about SIKHI.. In fact these ppls are to blame to twist sikhi so that they can justify their living style but sadly they confused thousands of common sikhs. For ex. Harbans lal say Hair is not important in sikhi. Why? because he doesn't have one.. Gurinder maan publishing books saying kacchey baneey is the real guru granth sahib je and so on..

Now my question is.. In SIkhi.. Are you gonna follow them?? .. just because they have 4 to 8 years of formal high education(not comes with sikhi education)?? or are you agree with someone who dedicated decades in learning sikhi??