Freee Shri Harmandir Sahib Ji Live Broadcast On Sky Music India 822

SikhWorldTv

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2011/09/music_india_to_2.php

With ZEE Punjabi ending its coverage of Shabad Gurbani from the Golden Temple this month, BizAsia.co.uk can exclusively confirm that Music India will be the new broadcaster of the popular telecast.From Friday 16th September, Music India will exclusively broadcast Shabad Gurbani from Sri Harmandir Sahib - the channel's biggest coup since it launched in the UK.

The Golden Temple coverage is seen as a premium property and with Music India snapping up the rights; it will no doubt boost the channel's profile. Furthermore, it will be the first time the coverage will be shown free-to-air. Prior to this, ZEE Network had telecast the show on its subscription channel ZEE Punjabi.

ZEE Punjabi has been the broadcaster of the Golden Temple Shabad Gurbani coverage for the past nine years since ZEE Punjabi (Alpha Punjabi then) launched in the UK.

Rabindra Narayan, President PTC Network, said, "We wanted to make Gurbani from Sri Darbar Sahib available to maximum viewers possible in Europe. This is why we chose the FTA channel, Music India. Now devotees do not have to pay anything to watch Gurbani."

Prashant Chautani, Chairman Music India said, "We feel indeed blessed to have been chosen by the Gurus to spread their message across Europe. We have no doubt that we are just a medium and the divine powers have blessed us by giving us strength and resources to be able to bring this holy offering for everyone."

"We are very delighted to be associated with Music India and work along to be able to broadcast the coverage of Shabad Gurbani from Golden Temple every day and that too free-to-air for the first time as against it being subscription based ever since it launched nearly a decade ago," says Rajiee M Shinde, co-promoter and COO of PTC Network.

In 2008, the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) decided to award the rights to the PTC Group after years of an agreement with ZEE Network. However, in the UK, ZEE Punjabi remained the broadcaster of the Golden Temple Shabad Gurbani due to PTC Punjabi not having presence here.

With PTC Punjabi's launch in the UK delayed, the coverage of the Golden Temple Shabad Gurbani will be shown on Music India, which thusfar has been broadcasting PTC News bulletins.

Music India will telecast the Shabad Gurbani slots same time as ZEE Punjabi - 04:00 - 08:00 and 16:00 - 18:00 daily, from Friday 16th September.

Music India UK is distributed by World Media Connect, which also handles Imagine Dil Se.

"This along with the already airing PTC News bulletins will consolidate Music India’s position specially among the Punjabi population of UK & Europe" says Sumant Bahl, President European Operations for World Media Connect.

Music India is available free-to-air on Sky Digital channel 822.

This is great news.

Only downside is that this channel is not devoted solely to Sikhi and shows music videos and whatnot which is a downside.

Its about time SGPC set up 2 channels, one that broadcasts just live kirtan from darbar sahib and and one dedicated to parchar of Gurbani.

However, we should take as much laha (profit) as we can from live kirtan from sri Darbar Sahib, lets hope it remains free.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have zee punjabi but as I was on cable not sky I thought gurbani from Harmandir Sahib was shown on most Sikh or Punjabi channels. (Only one Punjabi channel on cable rest are Indian, also why Sikh channels not on cable?).

It's a disgrace that rights are sold to a specific channel to show the broadcasts. I mean it's just a money making scheme, footage should be provided on a multichannel platform as some people do not have access to certain channels. This is not a good look. SGPC in India it's different everyone has the channels so it could make sense but in UK or wherever not everyone has all the channels. I mean I don't mind paying even if I watch a minimum amount but the thing is not all platforms support the channels. Like Sky has way more channels than cable but some like me has cable as too get sky I need to a have a dish on an extended post to get a signal and it makes no sense as it would wobble in bad weather, effect the signal and looks horrible on the property.

Also when PTC airs in UK then I think the coverage will go to PTC and it will not be free to air.

"Also when PTC airs in UK then I think the coverage will go to PTC and it will not be free to air. "

Gurdssingh ji, well said. Lets wait and see if Badals have decency to keep channel free and keep kirtan of Darbar sahib free as it should be.

I'm 99% sure that they will charge for channel though. If they do charge we should send a complaint to sri Akal Takht Sahib. We must as a panth take action on this.

I do benti to sikhchannels to do discussion show with all major sikh jathabadis. This is an important topic, kirtan from Darbar sahib should be free!

Rabbb Rakhe