Possible Beadbi This Weekend

Guest Singhni

Guest Singhni

I have information that there is going to be a wedding between a non sikh and sikh is going to take place this weekend at a gurughar in Wolverhampton(Nanaksar Thath). There is also going to be the chance that there will be a number of chairs in the Darbar of our Satguru. Not to mention the chances of the white mans side drinking or smoking before they enter. We need to meet up at this gurdwara so that satkaar is mantained. I will put up more info as I find out what day. Either tomorrow or Sunday.

If you really want to send an effective message across ensure people who attend to stop it don't get boiled up. The second one loses their emotions, all is lost.

Another thing, don't make it about race, simply say a non-Sikh getting married to a Sikh is pure ritualism and goes against the fundamental teachings of Sikhi. Tell them you make certain promises to live a life surrounding the teachings of Guru Sahib and doing this is doing beadbi of Guru Sahib.

Send a group of three people who are cool minded and intelligent in discussion. Good luck.

If you really want to send an effective message across ensure people who attend to stop it don't get boiled up. The second one loses their emotions, all is lost.

Another thing, don't make it about race, simply say a non-Sikh getting married to a Sikh is pure ritualism and goes against the fundamental teachings of Sikhi. Tell them you make certain promises to live a life surrounding the teachings of Guru Sahib and doing this is doing beadbi of Guru Sahib.

Send a group of three people who are cool minded and intelligent in discussion. Good luck.

Very well said.

Another thing, don't make it about race, simply say a non-Sikh getting married to a Sikh is pure ritualism and goes against the fundamental teachings of Sikhi.

Really? Well it's not the way Sri Akal Takht Sahib see's it. They have issued hukamanama stating a non-sikh can not marry a sikh in a gurdwara.

Really? Well it's not the way Sri Akal Takht Sahib see's it. They have issued hukamanama stating a non-sikh can not marry a sikh in a gurdwara.

is this true?

if so i would be very interested in a link to this, i am genuinely interested as its something i have been told by other singhs but i have seen non sikhs marry at the gurdwara and thought it was wrong also

The above is true only a Sikh can marry a Sikh in a gurdwara unless the person has converted to Sikhism and has taken Amrit then it's allowed.

Many gurdware allow inter religious marriages and they shouldn't but society just turns a blind eye and accepts while ignoring the basic principles of sikhism. This is a mock when clearly the person getting married in a gurdwara who isn't a Sikh, carried out the anand karaj without realizing the true importance of it. So why do gurdware committes allow this might it be money I wonder?

I see many gurdware creating massive halls for weddings, but really shouldn't we be focusing on using these 'massive' halls for the youth to educate lost youth out there? Instead of confusing people it's ok to marry someone who is not a Sikh in a gurdwara :s

Yes, i agree with it. A non Sikh getting married in front of Guru Sahib is ritualism though, isn't it? What I was saying was to make a clear line the reason they were against it wasn't because he was white, it was because he doesn't believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji as his Guru and therefore it would be a ritual.

• 1 month later...
Guest Singh111

Brilliant you see questions like this and then the responses surely show you how backwards our culture has become. Sikh are you points out that as long as one is willing to learn and believe in god then surely you are classed a sikh. Whereas Mandy believes someones needs to be "converted" is that the aim of sikhi? Mandy goes on to say they wouldnt understand the importance of the ceremony ....now im not trying to pick on mandy but i would estimate 95% of people including myself (good im not married) dont fully understand the importance and generally it is deemed a ritualistic thing its all about what people think rather then the ceremony itself so shouldnt we stop that wedding??

The only beadbi is 1) if people on either side arent informed in advance of potential problems such as no smoking etc before going to the gurdwara. Surely the biggest beadbi here is that the OP sounds very much like this should turn into a protest and this is something that seems to come along a lot. A lot of sikhs are all for demonstrating and showing just how much beadbi wont be tolerated(good news) but these same people are the ones causing divisions with sikhi and the wider community.