Baba Kashmira Singh

notoriousksj

• 11 months later...

Hello Everyone,

So I have been recently married in to a family who are big believers of Baba Kashmira Singh. My mother - in - law is one of the hardcore believers among the entire family who is pushing me to say satnam every time we greet each other and to listen to Satsang. Prior to my wedding, she wanted to take my picture and show it to this person to approve for his son. My parents denied and they had to get over this because their son was illegal in the country and I was a US citizen. I have been brought up with believing in Guru Granth Sahib ji and I'm a big believer and go to the Gurdwara. I read Jap Ji Sahib and simran Waheguru Satnam constantly.

Before marriage, they never brought up the fact that I was going to be pushed in to believing their belief. I had told my fiance who is now my husband that, I will never believe in a person who you consider hazoor in the way your family does. He was fine with it before and he is fine with it now. But his mother and sister think that I'm away from Gurbani because I don't listen to Satsang. Even after I have told her that I do path day and night and for me that is everything.

I told her i can't drop wahegure from Satnam. If you want me to greet you, I will say both not just Satnam by itself. This family doesn't believe in going to the Gurdwara. They only go to Baba Kashmira's dera located in Jalandhar.

It is now a constant struggle with the family because I'm always being pushed to their beliefs. They believe in Baba Kashmira as he is god. That his words are words of god which I am seriously disgusted by. They don't even consider calling him baba ji, instead they call him "hazoor". He tells his followers to only believe in Satnam becuase, waheguru is not written in Guru Granth Sahib anywhere and that Waheguru was written and given god's name by man itself. But what's ironic is that Rakhri is not part of our religion, but on the day of Rakhri, his followers go and tie rakhri on his wrist and among them of course are my in laws as well. Because they consider him their rakshak. It's like, if you're so prone to following god's word, then why have rakhri part of your preaching too.

Please help on how to deal with this dilemma as I don't want to compromise with my beliefs that I have been brought up by. That is to preach to Guru Granth sahib only and to simran gurbani at all times.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

It is wrong to force someone to follow any type custom religion or maryada. But the problem is that everyone thinks that his way is only right way. What ever we have been doing becomes only right way and we fail to respect what others are doing or thinking. This is problem with all religions/sects in the world.

As a sikh "Guru granth sahib" should be our only living guru and reference for anything. We should approach other religions/sect/rituals with open mind and then see if it contradict with what our guru says. Religious person should be a student for life and willing to amend as per guru granth sahib. At same time don't worry about what others are saying or following so long as they are not hurting or misinterpreting your religion/beliefs.

page 1365 - ਕਬੀਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਇਕ ਸਿਉ ਕੀਏ ਆਨ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਜਾਇ ਭਾਵੈ ਲਾਂਬੇ ਕੇਸ ਕਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਘਰਰਿ ਮੁਡਾਇ ॥ growing long hair is not only way.

same way you can search which jaap should be done as per guru granth sahib .

At last one should be firm in his/her belief and ask help from any of 10 gurus or Guru granth sahib and he will take care of you.

page 329 ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਅਖਰ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਖਿ ਹੋਇਗਾ ਖਸਮੁ ਲੇਇਗਾ ਰਾਖਿ

Hello Everyone,

So I have been recently married in to a family who are big believers of Baba Kashmira Singh. My mother - in - law is one of the hardcore believers among the entire family who is pushing me to say satnam every time we greet each other and to listen to Satsang. Prior to my wedding, she wanted to take my picture and show it to this person to approve for his son. My parents denied and they had to get over this because their son was illegal in the country and I was a US citizen. I have been brought up with believing in Guru Granth Sahib ji and I'm a big believer and go to the Gurdwara. I read Jap Ji Sahib and simran Waheguru Satnam constantly.

Before marriage, they never brought up the fact that I was going to be pushed in to believing their belief. I had told my fiance who is now my husband that, I will never believe in a person who you consider hazoor in the way your family does. He was fine with it before and he is fine with it now. But his mother and sister think that I'm away from Gurbani because I don't listen to Satsang. Even after I have told her that I do path day and night and for me that is everything.

I told her i can't drop wahegure from Satnam. If you want me to greet you, I will say both not just Satnam by itself. This family doesn't believe in going to the Gurdwara. They only go to Baba Kashmira's dera located in Jalandhar.

It is now a constant struggle with the family because I'm always being pushed to their beliefs. They believe in Baba Kashmira as he is god. That his words are words of god which I am seriously disgusted by. They don't even consider calling him baba ji, instead they call him "hazoor". He tells his followers to only believe in Satnam becuase, waheguru is not written in Guru Granth Sahib anywhere and that Waheguru was written and given god's name by man itself. But what's ironic is that Rakhri is not part of our religion, but on the day of Rakhri, his followers go and tie rakhri on his wrist and among them of course are my in laws as well. Because they consider him their rakshak. It's like, if you're so prone to following god's word, then why have rakhri part of your preaching too.

Please help on how to deal with this dilemma as I don't want to compromise with my beliefs that I have been brought up by. That is to preach to Guru Granth sahib only and to simran gurbani at all times.

Thanks

My sister thanks for sharing your story with the sahd sangat... It is your duty as a strong Gursikh of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj to stay steadfast in your faith in the truth without creating conflict with your inlaws. I know that's easier said then done but only you know the personal situation you are in, so only you will know how to really deal with the situation at hand. This is a good opportunity for you to bring these people back to Maharaj's path of saach from the inside.

May Waheguru's kirpa guide you and keep you in chardi kala