Tabacco In Perfume

Guest Confused

VJKKVJKF jee

Well the whole reason we don't INTAKE tobacco is because it intoxicates us, it completely changes the state of our mind. So as long as you didn't drink it (which I hope you didn't lol) then there is nothing to worry about, you haven't 'broken' your amrith. However, if you drank it trying to get urself drunk then you might want to go pesh (if you're not hospitalised that is) lol joke.

Best thing to do is just not buy perfume. Problem sorted =)

But yeah, just remember what the 4 bujjar kurehat's are and ensure you know WHY they are there. That way you will know what is nothing to worry about and what is =)

p.s. amrith cant be 'broken' that easily...

Apologies if anything I said offended you.

VJKKVJKF jee

I had the same exact question. The perfume Dolce and Gabbana , has base notes of tobacco in it. I dont know what that means ? because I cant smell it. It also says it has middle notes of ginger but I cant smell that either.

So I was wondering what are the impication of these ?

Tobacco is an impure substance, more so than sharaab or even cannabis, Guru Sahibs horse refused to even walk over a tobacco field. You may not be consuming it but in the opinion of many it is wholly unnacceptable to wear it. Also, deoderant may be acceptable to prevent smells of BO in hot weather, but there is not a need for Amritdharis (or those who take their Amrit seriously) to wear perfume.

• 2 weeks later...

FIRST - TOBACCO IN ANY FORM IS TABOO FOR US , USING TOBACCO IN ANY FORM IS TO BE AVOIDED

SECOND - ALTHOUGH I DO NOT RECOMMEND TEA , BUT TEA IS A DIFFERENT KIND OF MILD INTOXICANT

WITH NOTHING IN COMMON WITH TOBACCO, YES IF ONE VISITS THE TEA PROCESSING , IT MAY

NOT BE POSSIBLE TO TAKE TEA IN CTC FORM (MOST COMMONLY USED) . IT DOES NOT CONTAIN

TOBACCO ADDITIVES , BUT THE PROCESS OF TANNING (ADDING COLOR) INCLUDES ADDING

MANY CHEMICALS AND KHAIRWOOD SUBSTANCES , THEN LEFT TO ROT, AND THEREAFTER TAKEN OUT

ROTTEN LEAVES TO ROASTING IN SLOW HEATING( TENDING THE LEAVES TO CURL & FORM GRANNULES )

IS HARD TO SEE .

TAKING GREEN OR WHITE UNPROCESSED TEA LEAVES IS NO WAY BADF , AND ADVISABLY PREFERABLE THAN

PROCESSED TEA.

Coming to main topic, if we have consumed tobacco in any form , may be unknowingly , like in perfume , it is better to

go through peshi and do pennance , it involves two benefits - first our own concience is cleared , second many people in

sangat also come to know about how to save themselves from indirect & hidden intake of taboo prducts when we share

our experience(it ia also kind of sewa indirectly though)

Whatever i have written in this post about tea is ,in response to post of Sis Teg Kaur, from what i have witnessed in person

and thought it fit to share with Sangat, it is not any kind of recommendation

FAteh

Wjkk wjkf

I recently bought a perfume and adter doing some research on it i found out it has tabacco leaf in it, i have taken amrit.... What shall i do?

Wjkk wjkf

Give yourself 20 slashes with a whip for your insolence.

Just joking :) , who really cares, it doesnt mean youll get addicted to the perfume, if your worried about it just dont use it as often, I doubt its like chain smoking, i use products with alchohol in all the time like handwash, face wipes etc, doesn mean im into drinking the stuff, i also smother my body in cream containing fish and whale products, doesnt mean I stab em' and eat 'em.

Give yourself 20 slashes with a whip for your insolence.

Just joking :) , who really cares, it doesnt mean youll get addicted to the perfume, if your worried about it just dont use it as often, I doubt its like chain smoking, i use products with alchohol in all the time like handwash, face wipes etc, doesn mean im into drinking the stuff, i also smother my body in cream containing fish and whale products, doesnt mean I stab em' and eat 'em.

Bro hold yourself first -TOBACCO IN ANY FORM IS TABOO FOR US , USING TOBACCO IN ANY FORM IS TO BE AVOIDED

Second ponder over the addicted guys around you, all addictions start this way only . do you know about an alcoholic saying

no body can make me addicted , ISee i have been drinking a bottle full of whiskey every day , for last 30ysrs , but i couldnot

get addicted( in punjabi - Menu 30 saal ho gaye roz poori botal pinde no , haje tak te adat payi nahi "

It is beter to save ourselves from the vices by bowing to the Wisdom of our Great guru sahibaan

fateh