Product Key! 2007 Office!

singh1986

So basically my laptop I bought 3 years went to repair recently. They wiped everything off it! Luckily I was able still get in contact with my Anti-virus company and they uploaded my protection after verifying some details HOWEVER... microsoft have not been as helpful!

Please if possible can someone email me a product key for the 2007 edition (Home/Student) as I no longer have it and dont have the receipt either which microsoft requires! But I did buy it nearly 3 years ago!!!

I promise to never give it out to anyone else or use it again....but I really need word!!

Anyone got a product key they'd be happy to share?

So basically my laptop I bought 3 years went to repair recently. They wiped everything off it! Luckily I was able still get in contact with my Anti-virus company and they uploaded my protection after verifying some details HOWEVER... microsoft have not been as helpful!

Please if possible can someone email me a product key for the 2007 edition (Home/Student) as I no longer have it and dont have the receipt either which microsoft requires! But I did buy it nearly 3 years ago!!!

I promise to never give it out to anyone else or use it again....but I really need word!!

Anyone got a product key they'd be happy to share?

Inform the company who you repaired it from that they wiped everything and if they can rectify it, if not atleast come to an agreement with regards to your situation. Unless they advised you prior that they may wipe everything and will not be held accountable. If so you should have just did yourself it yourself.

Also if everything got wiped how did you re-install office? surely you needed the cd? which would have the product key with it.

Sorry to sound nasty put it's illegal to give the product key to anyone else. It breaches the license. Whatever people think of microsoft and their monopoly if you do get a product key from someone it's akin to STEALING, which is wrong. So please if you need word just go out and buy it, it's not very expensive. I'm sorry if I sound rude or horrible but you should never obtain anything which is dishonest.

People think shoplifting is wrong but are okay with pirated software and DVD's/ Cd's. Alot think it's totally different but it's the same both are wrong both morally and legally. End of the day someone works hard to create something. You should pay for it if you want it.

Inform the company who you repaired it from that they wiped everything and if they can rectify it, if not atleast come to an agreement with regards to your situation. Unless they advised you prior that they may wipe everything and will not be held accountable. If so you should have just did yourself it yourself.

Also if everything got wiped how did you re-install office? surely you needed the cd? which would have the product key with it.

Sorry to sound nasty put it's illegal to give the product key to anyone else. It breaches the license. Whatever people think of microsoft and their monopoly if you do get a product key from someone it's akin to STEALING, which is wrong. So please if you need word just go out and buy it, it's not very expensive. I'm sorry if I sound rude or horrible but you should never obtain anything which is dishonest.

People think shoplifting is wrong but are okay with pirated software and DVD's/ Cd's. Alot think it's totally different but it's the same both are wrong both morally and legally. End of the day someone works hard to create something. You should pay for it if you want it.

Well said ji, I don't know from where are u but when i see india i find every software pirated. nobody is ready to spend thousands of rupees if it is possible to get the same thing for almost free.Even i use window, office etc. free on my computer. That means 99.99% Indians including me are thieves. but If want to pay original fee of every software i use than i will find myself in great trouble. i will not have another way but to leave them. I think ( and this is my thinking which may be wrong) most of the European and Americans are able to buy the original software but Asians are not able to do it financially. I am extremely sorry if I am wrong and I offended someone.

I am not using a pirated copy! Stop being cynical and just PRESUME i am trying to steal! Im looking for a quick fix as microsoft are not helping! I even have the orginal reciept of purchase now which i got from comet today who luckly had record of transaction and they are still refusing to help!

My laptop already had office pre installed with the key just required to activate it... the repair company called tech guys did tell me to bsck things up but i didnt expect them to wipe everything off just to repair a screen...

Whats the point of registering your details with them if they keep no records of you? My norton anti virus reactivated my subscription with details held which i paid for!!! I dont see why i should have to pay for office again eventhough i have reciept of purchase now!

So anyone with any useful suggestions instead snide judgemental comments?

I am not using a pirated copy! Stop being cynical and just PRESUME i am trying to steal! Im looking for a quick fix as microsoft are not helping! I even have the orginal reciept of purchase now which i got from comet today who luckly had record of transaction and they are still refusing to help!

My laptop already had office pre installed with the key just required to activate it... the repair company called tech guys did tell me to bsck things up but i didnt expect them to wipe everything off just to repair a screen...

Whats the point of registering your details with them if they keep no records of you? My norton anti virus reactivated my subscription with details held which i paid for!!! I dont see why i should have to pay for office again eventhough i have reciept of purchase now!

So anyone with any useful suggestions instead snide judgemental comments?

You have the receipt now, even though microsoft needed it before to help you but now they cant? Chase it up as they can't tell you one thing and then change their minds, also Microsoft is most probably the last organisation in the world to not keep records. They keep records of even those who have Microsoft products and not registered them (as long as theres an internet conncetion).

You need to get in contact with your laptop manufacturer and provide proof of your receipt, inform them of your circumstances, obviously the tech guys (who are well known in pcworld, comet etc), can vouch for you. Provide your serial numbers and tell them Office was pre-installed and you have lost the product key can they please provide the product key which came with this product. They will give it too you. It may take some time though.

If you have no luck, well inform the tech guys staff that I just wanted the screen fixed. Even novice computer numpties like me know it shouldn't effect the hard drive if you replaced the screen. So if they messed it up it's their fault, inform the tech guys.

You bought the laptop from Comet so they know office was pre-installed as they have a record. Let them know that you lost the product key and as an offer of good will, can they provide you with a student/ home edition. If refused - Speak to the manager and be firm they should give it to you as it was their fault. I mean if get a screen fixed you don't expect to lose software.

PLEASE just re-read all posts in this thread. Why are you coming across as self rightous? You asked for a product key for office. That's stealing, however you try to look at it from different angles and put your spin on it. Asking for a product key from someone else is stealing. It doesn't matter if you had office, (even though you got it free with your laptop), someone else's product key can not be used on your laptop it violates the license, so it's not presumming you intend to steal. It's a FACT you intend to steal, sugar coat how you want it's illegal.

You've just proved what sort of person you are, even after being informed it was wrong, you get on your high horse and think 'i'm doing no wrong', stop judging me with snide remarks, can anyone provide me with a product key.

Sorry if i'm being nasty but mate, in my last post I told you it's WRONG. But you think it's fine? Or have I misinterpreated?