Ptc Coverage Of Sri Darbar Sahib - Issue Hukkamnama

osingh

Watching tv can be have bad effect on Gursikh jeevan if we watch unsuitable programmes. Maybe news and documentaries are suitable material.

However if we are going to watch tv what better than to watch kirtan and sri Rehras sahib paath.

You can now watch free on sky on channel 822 (ptc) kirtan and rehras from sri Darbar sahib.

However this channel has made a huge mistake in showing anti-gurmat material(bollywood music videos) prior and straight after the kirtan. Shame on the producers and owners of the channel, these people are be-sharam (have no shame), kirtan and paath from sachkhand sri Darbar sahib is ilaahi (divine). These producers/owners of PTC are committing a great sin.

Why not show live kirtan from darbar sahib all day, why not make a separate channel dedicated to live kirtan and Gurmat parchar? On the one hand they are promoting the filth that is bollywood and are also at the same time broadcasting kirtan. What logic is this?

This should be brought up at panthic level and a hukkumnama should be issued agianst this channel.

This is the responsibility of SGPC as they hold the rights to the kirtan. What do sangat think? I think by putting pressure on Akal Takht this problem can be resolved, also the coverage of kirtan should also remain free.

i think you need to calm down. Thats not PTC it music india or something. The contract for darbar sahib is finished with zee tv. And ptc have the rights but they dont have a channel prepared in the uk, yet. So in the mean time they are thankfully playing it on some third party channel that has welcomd the short term contract, until ptc set themselves up here in the uk.

Personally its good for the wider audience to get anand and darshan, and if the manmukh wants to watch bollywood after, thats his choice not yours, we should consider ourselves lucky enough to get darshan through this channel.

SGPC has 100's crore budget.

SGPC should set up channels dedicated to parchar of Gurmat.

SGPC does not need to 'sell' kirtan rights. Kirtan of sri Harmandar sahib is property of dhan Guru Ramdas ji.

If I were president of SGPC I would set up channel right away that broadcasts for free live kirtan from Darbar sahib to as many stations around the world for no charge. This way sangat around the world sangat from around the world could take laha from ilaahi kirtan from sri Darbar sahib.

Also I would like to add that if young Gursikhs were to watch kirtan and then afterwards on same channel bollywood music videos are being broadcast wouldn't this have a bad/confusing effect on that bacha(kid)?

Rabb Rakhe