Please Help (New Samsung Galaxy Ace)

JasSinghKhalsa

WJKK WJKF,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy ACE and have downloaded both Sikhnet Radio and Winamp App, Keertan on Sikhnet and Winamp (SGPC station) goes on fine for approx. 5-10 minutes after the screen turns-off, but after 5-10 times, the Sikhnet Radio and Winap (both) just pause/STOP on their own.

I have another HTC Desire with both these applications running on Android and the music plays well over the night, and players don't get paused/stopped but there is a problem with continous and endless running of these Apps on Samsung Galaxy ACE. I have tried lots of Settings post googling such as disabling Maps/Location etc. and lots of Settings.

What setting to change in Samsung Galaxy ACE so music plays for endless duration on Siknet Radio or Winamp.

Would really appreciate any help.

WJKK WJKF.

You bought a Android phone instead of a iPhone?....Oh my God, man whats wrong with you!!!.....a new iPhone is going to be launched in October the 4th!!

I'm sorry ...all the problems you have is because you bought a crap phone with a crap Operating System.

In the world of smartphones, when will people understand that Java is dead and Xcode rules?

Sorry JasSinghKhalsa...I'm just messin' with ya...my experiences of Android phones (via my friends) hasn't been a good one. Sorry I can't help.

I got it because on a 1 year contract via mobiles.co.uk, it is FREE to me (with all the cashback from mobiles.co.uk and Quidco cashback) giving me 400 minutes + 1000 Texts + 1 GB of data - and my usage is NIL, I just wanted a personal phone, I already have a HTC from my company; and another iPhone4 with me wife.

I don't agree with you that Android is a crap OS ... I know Samsung Galaxy ACE is no where near iPhone4; but when started using it, I am finding it good and no reason to enjoy it for FREE for 1 year. However, I had no reason to spend £30+ on a 24 month contact for a iPhone. However, thanks for your comments and views.

How much is the contract per month?

The thing is, if you're wife's got a iPhone4, you therefore can share the same iTune account, and buy apps once for both devices. So you get a cost saving there. Also, the iPhone, (is a closed system) is more secure than Android, (anyone can write a Android and put it up onto an app store).

So summarise, it's better to pick one system and stick with it, as you're making an investment into the system by purchasing apps, add-on, etc to the device.

I hope that makes sense.

I've personally got an iPhone 1 (original), and iPhone 2 (3G). My next phone will probably be the iPhone 5 or 6, (whatever one is an LTE phone). I'll purchase one unlocked and without a contract as it's just slightly cheaper and the SIM only contract (with my O2 loyalty discount) is an unbelievably good deal. (I also need the iPhone to have more than 32GB of space...my offline googlemaps app has a current map size of 6GB....and rising.)

From what I've heard, (I could be wrong) t-mobile don't give you a loyalty discount if you've been with them for 3 years+...which I think is stupid.

These apps are the reason why I'm an iPhone 'fanboy'....

1. Car Navigation - [TomTom UK app is only available for the iPhone]
  2. Offline Google Map Navigation - [Galileo with BadElf GPS module]
  3. Sikhnet Radio
  4. Train Times
  5. Twitter
  6. My O2
  7. iFitness
  8. Tube Exits
  9. VoucherCodes
  10. iProRecorder
  11. SharePrice
  12. Planets
  13. iClaimIT
  14. Flixster

WJKK WJKF,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy ACE and have downloaded both Sikhnet Radio and Winamp App, Keertan on Sikhnet and Winamp (SGPC station) goes on fine for approx. 5-10 minutes after the screen turns-off, but after 5-10 times, the Sikhnet Radio and Winap (both) just pause/STOP on their own.

WJKK WJKF.

I dont have your phone or a smart phone as dont really use the phone much. I do however have motorola xoom tablet and it has android os. When I got the tablet it would go in standby mode every few minutes even if a video was playing. Under settings I had to change the time it takes before it goes into standby. Maybe your phone has simmilar setting.

Best to ask the question on the manufacturer's support forum or contact a local phone store.

If you are using wifi to stream the radio then check your wifi sleep policy and set it to never turn off.

I have had 2 iphones and switched to android a while back. I will not be going back to a closed system and find android much better.

One of the handsets I use is a HTC HD2 which dual boots both WM6.5 and android, so if I need to I can use tomtom in WM6.5 but Sygic Aura works fine in Android as do a whole load of other satnav apps.

For the iphone fanboys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-e0getf4M&feature=player_embedded