Dasam Granth About Ramavtar And This Animated Version Of Ramayana

In this animated version of Ramayana Sri Ram Chandra asks Sita to prove her purity when he kills Ravan. I have never heard this Or seen it before in other normal versions of Ramayana which are shown on TV channels. Also this movie says that it is based on Valmiki's Ramayana.

After Sita passes the Agni parikhya Ram accepts her but when they go back to Ayodhya Ram sends her back in forests because his praja questions her purity.

I am not sure if Sri Ram Chandra is praised as Maryada Purshotam because he did not care about his personal relationship with Sita and did what his Praja wanted even though he knew Sita was pure.

I want to know what exactly Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji says about Sri Ram Chandra in Ramavtar. Which mistakes and qualities did guru sahib pointed out about Sri Ram and what Sikhya do we get from Ramavtar.

I would love to read a compare and contrast between this video and Ramavatar from Sri Dasam Ji.

SInce Guru Gobind SIngh ji Maharaj was Akal Purakh Jot, thus he had authority to point to mistakes which earlier avtaars made. But we are not even sikh and should avoid doing Ninda of Avtaars(of any religion) and be more concerned about ourselfs(of Our life boat which is sunk).

Give Respect to Others, If you want the same in Return.

SInce Guru Gobind SIngh ji Maharaj was Akal Purakh Jot, thus he had authority to point to mistakes which earlier avtaars made. But we are not even sikh and should avoid doing Ninda of Avtaars(of any religion) and be more concerned about ourselfs(of Our life boat which is sunk).

Give Respect to Others, If you want the same in Return.

I agree 100% and I believe that we kalyugi jeevs are bigger sinners than Ravan was in Satyug of Sri Ram Chandra.

We are not disrespecting anyone but trying to understand what guru sahib Ji is saying about avtari purushs.

I agree 100% and I believe that we kalyugi jeevs are bigger sinners than Ravan was in Satyug of Sri Ram Chandra. We are not disrespecting anyone but trying to understand what guru sahib Ji is saying about avtari purushs.

Maharaj ji is telling only and only one Thing in SGGSji and also in Shri Dasam Granth Ji, i.e

HAR KA NAAM MERE MANN BHAVTA HAI, VAHO VAHO KYA KHOOB GAVTA HAI

Where did you get that definition of nindiya from?

The OP is being accused of doing nindiya by another member because he asked a legitimate question. Some are hell bent on keeping the true stories of devis a secret, so others stay ignorant and start or keep worshipping devis in one way or another. Speaking in context, then the definition of nindiya fits here. If we take the accusers stand of nindiya then many questions would go unanswered by Guru Sahib as the person asking would be stopped before they could open their mouth. Guru Sahib says uttering anything false is nindiya, but NEVER said, to clear up a topic is spreading nindiya. I think that clears up where the definition came from.

Guru sahib on King Ram

ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰੋ ਰਾਜ ਕੋ ਸਾਜਾ ॥ ਦੇਸ ਦੇਸ ਕੇ ਜੀਤੇ ਰਾਜਾ ॥ ਸਾਮ ਦਾਮ ਅਰੁ ਦੰਡ ਸੁ ਭੇਦਾ ॥ ਜਿਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਹੁਤੀ ਸਾਸਨਾ ਬੇਦਾ ॥੮੩੭॥

बहु बिधि करो राज को साजा ॥ देस देस के जीते राजा ॥ साम दाम अरु दंड सु भेदा ॥ जिह बिधि हुती सासना बेदा ॥८३७॥

Performing his royal duties in many ways and practising Sama, Dama, Dand and Bhed and other methods of administration, Ram conquered other kings of many countries.837.

ਬਰਨ ਬਰਨ ਅਪੁਨੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਲਾਏ ॥ ਚਾਰ ਚਾਰ ਹੀ ਬਰਨ ਚਲਾਏ ॥ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ਕਰੈਂ ਬਿੱਪ੍ਰ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ॥ ਬੈਸ ਲਖੈ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਕਹ ਦੇਵਾ ॥੮੩੮॥

बरन बरन अपुनी क्रित लाए ॥ चार चार ही बरन चलाए ॥ छत्री करैं बि्प्र की सेवा ॥ बैस लखै छ्त्री कह देवा ॥८३८॥

He caused every caste to do its duties and set in motion Varnashram Dharma; Kshatriyas began to serve the Brahmin and the Vaishyas considered the Kshatriyas as gods.838.

ਸੂਦ੍ਰ ਸਭਨ ਕੀ ਸੇਵ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਜਹ ਕੋਈ ਕਹੈ ਤਹੀ ਵਹ ਧਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੈਸਕ ਹੁਤੀ ਬੇਦ ਸਾਸਨਾ ॥ ਨਿਕਸਾ ਤੈਸ ਰਾਮ ਕੀ ਰਸਨਾ ॥੮੩੯॥

सूद्र सभन की सेव कमावै ॥ जह कोई कहै तही वह धावै ॥ जैसक हुती बेद सासना ॥ निकसा तैस राम की रसना ॥८३९॥

The Shudras began to serve all and they went wherever they were sent; Ram always talked from his mouth about practicing administration according to Vedas.839.

Ram avtar, dasam granth

ਏਕ ਦਿਵਸ ਜਾਨਕਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਯ ਸਿਖਾ ॥ ਭੀਤ ਭਏ ਰਾਵਣ ਕਹ ਲਿਖਾ ॥ ਜਬ ਰਘੁਬਰ ਤਿਹ ਆਨਿ ਨਿਹਾਰਾ ॥ ਕਛੁਕ ਕੋਪ ਇਮ ਬਚਨ ਉਚਾਰਾ ॥੮੪੪॥

एक दिवस जानकि त्रिय सिखा ॥ भीत भए रावण कह लिखा ॥ जब रघुबर तिह आनि निहारा ॥ कछुक कोप इम बचन उचारा ॥८४४॥

One day explaining to women, Sita drew the portrait of Ravana on the wall, when Ram saw this, he said somewhat angrily.844.

ਰਾਮ ਬਾਚ ਮਨ ਮੈ ॥

राम बाच मन मै ॥

Speed of Ram in his mind :

ਯਾ ਕੋ ਕਛੁ ਰਾਵਨ ਸੋ ਹੋਤਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਚਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਚਿਤ੍ਰਕੈ ਦੇਖਾ ॥ ਬਚਨ ਸੁਨਤ ਸੀਤਾ ਭਈ ਰੋਖਾ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੁਹਿ ਅਜਹੂੰ ਲਗਾਵਤ ਦੋਖਾ ॥੮੪੫॥

या को कछु रावन सो होता ॥ ता ते चि्त्र चित्रकै देखा ॥ बचन सुनत सीता भई रोखा ॥ प्रभ मुहि अजहूं लगावत दोखा ॥८४५॥

She (Sita) must have had some love for Ravana, that is the reason why she is looking at his portrait drawn by her; Sita became angry on hearing these words and said that even then Ram had been accusing her.845.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

दोहरा ॥

DOHRA

ਜਉ ਮੇਰੇ ਬਚ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਿ ਹ੍ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸਤ ਰਘੁਰਾਇ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਿਥੀ ਪੈਡ ਮੁਹਿ ਦੀਜੀਐ ਲੀਜੈ ਮੋਹਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥੮੪੬॥

जउ मेरे बच करम करि ह्रिदै बसत रघुराइ ॥ प्रिथी पैड मुहि दीजीऐ लीजै मोहि मिलाइ ॥८४६॥

If Ram the king Raghu clan abides ever in my heart, in my speech and action then, O mother earth ! you give me some place and merge me in yourself."846.

then

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

चौपई ॥

CHAUPAI

ਸੁਨਤ ਬਚਨ ਧਰਨੀ ਫਟ ਗਈ ॥ ਲੋਪ ਸੀਆ ਤਿਹ ਭੀਤਰ ਭਈ ॥ ਚੱਕ੍ਰਤ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਰਖਿ ਰਘੁਰਾਈ ॥ ਰਾਜ ਕਰਨ ਕੀ ਆਸ ਚੁਕਾਈ ॥੮੪੭॥

सुनत बचन धरनी फट गई ॥ लोप सीआ तिह भीतर भई ॥ च्क्रत रहे निरखि रघुराई ॥ राज करन की आस चुकाई ॥८४७॥

Hearing these words the earth tore asunder and Sita merged in it; seeing this Ram wondered and in this suffering he ended all hope of ruling.847.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

दोहरा ॥

DOHRA

ਇਹ ਜਗ ਧੂਅਰੋ ਧਉਲਹਰਿ ਕਿਹ ਕੇ ਆਯੋ ਕਾਮ ॥ ਰਘੁਬਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਸੀਅ ਨਾ ਜੀਐ ਸੀਅ ਬਿਨ ਜੀਐ ਨ ਰਾਮ ॥੮੪੮॥

इह जग धूअरो धउलहरि किह के आयो काम ॥ रघुबर बिनु सीअ ना जीऐ सीअ बिन जीऐ न राम ॥८४८॥

This world is the palace of smoke which had been of no value to anyone; Sita could not live without Ram and it is impossible for Ram to remain alive without Sita.848.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

चौपई ॥

CHAUPAI

ਦੁਆਰੇ ਕਹਿਯੋ ਬੈਠ ਲਛਮਨਾ ॥ ਪੈਠ ਨ ਕੋਊ ਪਾਵੈ ਜਨਾ ॥ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਪੁਰਹਿ ਆਪ ਪਗੁ ਧਾਰਾ ॥ ਦੇਹਿ ਛੋਰਿ ਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਲੋਕ ਸਿਧਾਰਾ ॥੮੪੯॥

दुआरे कहियो बैठ लछमना ॥ पैठ न कोऊ पावै जना ॥ अंतरि पुरहि आप पगु धारा ॥ देहि छोरि म्रित लोक सिधारा ॥८४९॥

Ram said to Lakshman, "You sit on the gate and do not let anyone to come in." Ram himself went into the palace and abandoning his body left this abode of death.849.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

दोहरा ॥

ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਮਤੀ ਹਿਤ ਅਜ ਨ੍ਰਿਪਤਿ ਜਿਮ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਤਜਿ ਲੀਅ ਜੋਗ ॥ ਤਿਮ ਰਘੁਬਰ ਤਨ ਕੋ ਤਜਾ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਜਾਨਕੀ ਬਿਯੋਗ ॥੮੫੦॥

इंद्र मती हित अज न्रिपति जिम ग्रिह तजि लीअ जोग ॥ तिम रघुबर तन को तजा स्री जानकी बियोग ॥८५०॥

The way in which the king Aja had accepted Yoga for Indumati and left his home, in the same manner, Ram abandoned his body on having been separated from Sita.850.

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕ ਰਾਮਾਵਤਾਰੇ ਸੀਤਾ ਕੇ ਹੇਤ ਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਲੋਕ ਗਏ ਧਿਆਇ ਸਮਾਪਤੰ ॥