Last Sikh Warrior

Lion of Punjab

Guest Kluivert

Kluivert,

We understand you and agree with you but in sikh community, we do not have good history of holding debates in civilized form nor have paitence of understanding each other very well. Sad but true.

Nidar is nobody and there is no point of holding any debate with him as in past he either whimp out (sorry can't provide you source as not in habit of collecting data). Shastar Vidiya is physical exercise and it is done to keep one healthy and fit. Our old saying is that those who are masters in fights but don't keep religion in heart is nothing but a waste. Nihang means: Master and keeping balance of both Shaster Vidiya (fighting tactics) and Gurmat Vidiya (religious). There is no doubt that nidar might be good in handling few sticks or swords but he doesn't know the basics of sikhism but at the same time calls himself Nihang or master of both religion (by his dress) and fight.

We have brutal history with so many traitors in past, present and will be in future. To understand sikh culture, it takes more than data/facts to judge a good character/leader/teacher of our community. Clearly nidar is nowhere near that; people doesn't even know his real name.

Sikhstan,

Thank you for giving your input regarding this subject matter and understanding the angle I have approached this subject. Just a few things I would like to ask you.

Nidar is nobody and there is no point of holding any debate with him as in past he either whimp out

I fully understand that no evidence can be provided in the above statement but what I don’t understand, when Niddar Singh has been invited by countless historians and martial art experts he has always attended. The evidence for this, talks at the V&A museum, talks at Imperial war museum and Golden temple exhibition, which was held at SOAS. Why would he not attend an open forum with people from his own community? Like you have mentioned “we do not have good history of holding debates in civilized form nor have patience of understanding each other very well” it could be so. All I’m asking people from this forum to do is, if you have any questions you would like to discuss with him, why don’t you go and see him. My friend, If people are afraid of the guy, why don’t people go in a group of 3 or 4 and questions him and ask why is he destroying the Sikh religion. People are going on basis of assumptions and rumors about this particular individual, we have all been taught from a very young age by our parents that you should not judge, no matter what the reason.

If individuals are following him, Niddar is not doing this by force. It’s the individual decision to do so. Going back to my first post on this subject, if we dislike this person why do we discuss him in so much detail. Wouldn’t it be an idea to ban discussion of Niddar and stop this slandering? Just an Idea.

Sikhsangat.com has maintained a stand that we do NOT support Niddar in any way or form. For those who wonder why, please run a search and find threads that go all the way back to 2003-2004. We’ve had enough arguments/clashes on this forum over these topics. We also do not support any sites owing allegiance to him or his philosophy. Hang on, don’t grab my neck yet as I am only stating the stand/position of Sikhsangat.com and NOT my own views. You can contact any of the admins/mods on this issue if you really have a lot of time on your hands and want to get into details. I am only doing what should have been done already, that is right, I am locking this thread. Any more threads that are opened on this issue will be locked as well, so please don’t bother.