HELP

sskhalsa

if he is not into sikhi, whats the point of his kesh? i take it he eats meat etc.

wjkk

wjkf

i am new to the site so sorry if the quote in this post doesn't wrk or w.e.....your post [kandola] used eating meat as a fact to back up your reasoning that this kid is not into sikhi...from your post u seemed to use eating meat in a negative connotation implying that this kid who eats meat is wrong and showing he is not into sikhi...just wondering why you think that eating meat is another way to support that this person is not into sikhi?...i understand eating meat is a controversial topic, just wanted to hear ur thoughts on it.....i could be completeley off on this and just misunderstood what you were trying to say about it.....

sorry if i have offended any1 in this post

bhul chuk maaf

fateh

grin.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mehtab
Yet again same as what I said. Stop boring me now!

if i bore you that much, there is no need to read my posts.

I skim through them. Its different from reading.
Looks like you bigtime need to read Undithi Duniya by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee and freak yourself out as to what awaits someone who thinks he/she knows better than Guruji.

only an <banned word filter activated> would say that (that they're bigger than guru ji).

True, so don't do it then.
Tell me something, Guru Gobind Singh also had to take Amrit and become Gobind SINGH. Before that He was Gobind Rai. Now what made Him do that? You think those who think "why be a Singh?" are better than Him?

then this clearly shows, once your an amritdhari can you use the word Singh. not otherwise. what made him do it? simple, the order of akal purakh. when he had his nirgun darsan was he told instructions to do what guru ji did. judging by what you have written, you can only use the name "singh" once you have taken amrit. so why are you "mehtab singh", you havent taken amrit, therefore, not a singh.

Exactly! Now you see what I mean! And besides, it wasn't my decision to change my name. The Singhs I met thought it would be good for me. It was they (and they were Amritdharis) who suggested it, and I took it as Gurujee's hukam. Also, unless I take Amrit, my last name Singh doesn't hold. There are many non-Amritdhari Sikhs who use Singh as last name, but unless they are not Khalsa, its not approved in Akal Purkh's dargah. Plus whats the point of bringing up my example in this regards? I don't consider myself worth of any appreciation or attention. You may center all discussion around yourself as usual but please don't mention me as I am not worth it.
pehla apni aap dekhi da, phir lokha nu kei sakdhi

(first you need to look at yourself pehla, before you can say things to others)

True say! Try doing that as well. Preaching to GurSikhs about

Sikhi and at the same time saying kesh is not needed, why be a Singh will not only add to your manmat but also confuse them and lead them astray. I can turn around and say Pehla aap Sikh baneeda, fer lokka nu parchaar kareeda, but you post a lot of gyaan stuff here which is very helpful, plus we all are here to learn from each other, and if someone points out anything incorrect in you, don't always take it as an insult buddy. You just might learn something. Not that I am perfect, but I don't agree with you belittling kesh and Amrit inspite of being a Sikh scholar.

Well why be a Sikh in the first place then when you can't even aspire to follow Gurujee's hukam?

i never said i was a sikh, sikh background of course. but not a sikh. one can only be a sikh once taking amrit.

When you know that then why the fuss? "Why kesh Why Singh?", why even bother about that?
I am not saying follow all hukams all at once, but atleast aspire to do so! Atleast have that yearning to follow them! Thats the least a Sikh can have!

any yearning is between maharaj and me.

Good for you.
Your GurSikh friend is Sikh enough to give his head to Gurujee out of love, and so obviously he is gonna say that love comes first, because thats what made him a GurSikh. What about the others who make up excuses?

what made him a gursikh? thats a convo ill have to tell you via email or through msn, its a looong story. or perhaps mr singh can tell you.

He is a GurSikh today, has love for Gurujee, has given his head to Gurujee, thats more than enough for me. He is a lot better than me. I don't want to know anymore coz I am not gonna write a book on anyone (or myself for that matter).
at the end of the day, its up to someone on what they want to be (with the kirpa of maharaj).
Its upto Guru's hukam. We don't always get to be what we want. And to surrender to Guru's hukam one has to give up his/her ego/haumai/manmat at Guru's feet.
example, you broke

away from the brahminism and came to sikhi. others will carry on with whatever.

Thats hukam for them then.
but you ask any sant and they'll tell you, start to combat the inside before you go towards the outside.
A true Sant will always join you with SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB. What you say is right, but anyone who says "don't worry about Amrit" needs to be watched out from.

You may center all discussion around yourself as usual but please don't mention me as I am not worth it.
. id like to say, i never meant to add haomai in my self or be an <banned word filter activated>, i should have kept this to myself, instead of trying to narrate my personal experiences and putting them here.
Not that I am perfect, but I don't agree with you belittling kesh and Amrit inspite of being a Sikh scholar

i didnt say kesh and amrit was little. but to do these things, you have to prepare yourself for them. yes, grow it, take amrit. but before you do, please preapre yourself. please prepare yourself to become guru wala, please prepare yourself to do 5 banis, please preapre yourself to get up amritvela, please by all means prepare yourself if you want this kaum to go anywhere.

GurSikhs about Sikhi and at the same time saying kesh is not needed, why be a Singh
nooooooooooooo, :D @ i never said that. i am saying, if people dont want to be a singh, dont preach to them. it'll grow out of pyaar. or if they'll never grow it, even when they know they'll die, let them suffer.
Not that I am perfect, but I don't agree with you belittling kesh and Amrit inspite of being a Sikh scholar.

no no no no. you need to read instead of skimming through.

1. kesh is important.

2. its a nishaan

3. if we are to be in the nirgun form of god, we should grow the kesh.

but

1. if someone doesnt want it, you shouldnt preach to them

2. if they want to remove the hair, let them.

you got a certificate saying i am some scholar?

When you know that then why the fuss? "Why kesh Why Singh?", why even bother about that?
mehtab, i sugest you read in detail before you really get others in the bad, and get them all :wub: @ ohmy.gif

1. kes IS important, i never said it wasnt.

but as i said, dont preach to those who dont want to grow the hair. it'll come apey. regardless of any suggestion.

>

A true Sant will always join you with SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB. What you say is right, but anyone who says "don't worry about Amrit" needs to be watched out from.

my god! :lol: @ ! is this what people have interpretated my posts as? that i said amrit is pointless, that growing kes is stupid? :lol: @ :lol: @

all over again....

1. KES IS IMPORTANT

2 its a nishaan

grow it if your ready.

but if someone wants to remove it, let them.

thats all i tried to say.

sangato, i am sorry if i said things by accident in which i shouldnt have. kesh is important, its a nishaan.

but if anyone wants to be

from this grin.gif to this :wub: ) to this pray.gif

let them.

at the end of the day, it wont be you saying the final decision of keeping it or not.

Guest mehtab
well, as my final post on siksangat.com.
Why final?
id like to say, i never meant to add haomai in my self or be an <banned word filter activated>,
Thats good.
i should have kept this to myself, instead of trying to narrate my personal experiences and putting them here.
See thats something you always told others, not to narrate personal experiences.
i didnt say kesh and amrit was little. but to do these things, you have to prepare yourself for them. yes, grow it, take amrit. but before you do, please preapre yourself.
Agreed very much. So why say what you said before? I totally agree that one must prepare oneself. Don't forget I was also a mona for a long time (and still don't have that mu

ch prem as some monnay do), but not keeping kesh was always MY WEAKNESS, never did I say that kesh or Amrit isn't important. And you being so much well-informed, it just came as a surprise!!

my posts are useless now.
No they are not, and they never will be.
i'm out, for good.
Man you don't have to take it personally! We all on this forum who point out something wrong are not your enemies. Neither we enjoy throwing insults at you. I just pointed out something I felt wrong. If someone feels anything I say/do as wrong, I welcome them to point it out. How else do we learn? You are again falling prey to your haumai by quitting and not standing up for what you said. Thats not the Sikh way. We all make mistakes. But to turn your back and walk away from those who try to make you realize that you have gone wrong is not only egoistic but arrogant. I don't know if I was harsh in any of my posts. Perhaps I was, in that case accept my apologies. However, your final decision is upto you.

Guest mehtab
You may center all discussion around yourself as usual but please don't mention me as I am not worth it.

. id like to say, i never meant to add haomai in my self or be an <banned word filter activated>, i should have kept this to myself, instead of trying to narrate my personal experiences and putting them here.

Not that I am perfect, but I don't agree with you belittling kesh and Amrit inspite of being a Sikh scholar
i didnt say kesh and amrit was little. but to do these things, you have to prepare yourself for them. yes, grow it, take amrit. but before you do, please preapre yourself.

Good to see you edited your post, and are gonna stick with us.

See thats something you always told others, not to narrate personal experiences.
hanji i did. but, the experiences i reffered to are the following...

1. how much sewa you do

2. exactly how long you do paath

3. how much simran you do and the effects.

stories like some weirdos like Angad Sodhi, Harjinder Singh and god knows who else there was. but some didnt even follow rehat properly trying to say whatever they said is fine, u can tell ppl. how is that a kautak you experienced while doing paath? or sewa or anything?

but not keeping kesh was always MY WEAKNESS, never did I say that kesh or Amrit isn't important. And you being so much well-informed, it just came as a surprise!!

my god, i didnt say that. i just said, if one does not want to grow kesh, let them. whats the use of preaching about kes to them if they'll turn a deaf ear as the most high likly chance?

Man you don't have to take it personally! We all on this forum who p

oint out something wrong are not your enemies

i didnt take it as an insult :wub: . but, what i thought you were saying was, we must all grow kesh, like it not etc.
Good to see you edited your post, and are gonna stick with us.

when i wrote my final declaration of leaving, i logged out and switched the pc off. but in doing so, i just had this sinking heart feeling.

i can leave sikhnet.com

but

i cant leave SS. no.gif

i am new to the site so sorry if the quote in this post doesn't wrk or w.e.....your post [kandola]used eating meat as a fact to back up your reasoning that this kid is not into sikhi...from your post u seemed to use eating meat in a negative connotation implying that this kid who eats meat is wrong and showing he is not into sikhi...just wondering why you think that eating meat is another way to support that this person is not into sikhi?...i understand eating meat is a controversial topic, just wanted to hear ur thoughts on it.....i could be completeley off on this and just misunderstood what you were trying to say about it.....

ah, meat eating. akal takhat has said

its up to you at the end of the day, just dont eat halal. but in my opinion, i would say no.

some would say, banda singh bahadur and his men ate it while he was under siege, others would say you wont be judged by what you eat. but...

my reasons are, meat in the old days was considered a luxury. gujratis have a reputaion of not spening money (or eating meat, hence elder members are vegetarian mainly), why? because they dont want to spend the money, stingy basically. it was a luxury back in the old days. sikhs are supposed to live the life of a simpleton. not too much sleep, not too much food, not to much chatting. and as for luxuries, they take you away from god, not towards. meat was considered as such a luxury in those days.

luxuries take you away from god as i said, not towards.

thats my opinion.

anyway, meat controversy has nothing to do with this topic, i dont want others talking about it now, unless admin can give us his blessings.

Okay I basicaly skimmed theru the posts and saw this-

I havn't followed properly but if this was refering to me thanen, thas not true -

Your GurSikh friend is Sikh enough to give his head to Gurujee out of love, and so obviously he is gonna say that love comes first, because thats what made him a GurSikh. What about the others who make up excuses? 

what made him a gursikh? thats a convo ill have to tell you via email or through msn, its a looong story. or perhaps mr singh can tell you.

He is a GurSikh today, has love for Gurujee, has given his head to Gurujee, thats more than enough for me. He is a lot better than me. I don't want to know anymore coz I am not gonna write a book on anyone (or myself for that matter).

IF your speaking about me - Im a Maha Moorakh who hasn't offered my head to the Guru YET - but hope Guru ji blesses me to do so soon

so if you wer speaking abuot me - then I

39;m sorry tha's wrong info - but soon :wub:

sory im a bit confused as i havn't been following tightly

Kandola - PLEASE PLEASE PELASE do NOT take this thread PERSONALLY!!

you're posts can be Amazing - but when you saw something which is not Gurmat (according to the Guru) - Those who have gyan nuff in that matter will correct you - please do nto take it perwsonally, and let haumai trap you - as I know I've been trapped by haumai a LOT (which can be confirmed by several users from this forum who know me personally :D)

Ardaas karo!

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!