HELP

sskhalsa

If this is the case, tell him, straight out, if he wants to trim, why dont you cut it all off, at least when gorai and kalai ask us, why do some sikhs trim their beard, so we wont have to answer that. 

Very strong point! :wub:

How is that a strong point?

Come on, guys, if he trims let him trim....he has more potential to grow out his dhari later in his life than just grow everything out.

You never know, maybe some day, Sikhi gets attacked again, and he ties his pugh

everyday, and goes and researches sikhi and learns about it and grows his dhari.

You never know, maybe some day he gets made fun of, or ridiculed in public for his pugh, and then he goes home and researches it, and then finds out the true path in sikhi.

All you can do is, support him.

PLEASE don't tell him to cut it all, that is by far the WORST thing you can do for someone.

Its better to see a non-turbaned sikh eating meat, drinking, and smoking watever than to see a trimmed singh do dat stuff... wat about that ?

This is the main problem as of today that many are seeing us, INCLUDING INDIA, that singhs, with hair, trimmed or not, are drinking like crazy and eating meat. I dont know how this singh is but what if he adopts these habits.

Veerjee.. being keshdhari is not enough. One need to have inner qualities that guru requires. In your case where a singh with hair drinks and do other non-sikh stuff is not better than mona person. Or course a mona who is the servant of all is a far better person than an sikh with hair who has no humility, who does not do true seva, who does not care about truth. Whatever they are doing is what i call "False Advertisement." There are few bad apples but in sikh community we have lots of bad apples.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humble prayers to the sadh sangat.. some nice posts.. i think i would only say few things in the hope perhaps it will help the original poster

firstly mona comes from "mun" and mun means to cut. therefore anybody who cut any hair from their body - turban-walas with trim beard, or girl with trim eyebrows - anything like that they can wear as many chola, kirpan, or do any kirtan but they are still a "mona" and still walking against guru's hukam - like some people tell me before, nobody keep hair, hair is already there. just like nobody keep fingers, fingers is already there on your hand. people only cut hair - this choice make the difference between sikh and non-sikh.

every school has rules, every teacher gives teaching. the school say keep hair, take amrit, wear five k's, do nitnem. the teacher is guru granth sahib and that is more deep. if we not joined the school how can we sneak into the teacher's class? not very fair if you think about it.

anyway last point no matter what we say only love can heal. treat ur friend like he is any other person - do not be mean to him. but choose ur friends carefully, saadh sangat is the only "worthwhile" people to spend time with. oy saajan oy meet pyare jo hum ko har naam chitaray.

anyway pls forgive my mistakes sadh sangat ^_^

Guest mehtab
anyway last point no matter what we say only love can heal. treat ur friend like he is any other person - do not be mean to him. but choose ur friends carefully, saadh sangat is the only "worthwhile" people to spend time with. oy saajan oy meet pyare jo hum ko har naam chitaray.
BRAVO !!!!! ^_^^_^^_^

hmpf, so must i clarify what i meant to say? it seems to me, people think i am saying kesh is pointless. i guess everyone has their beliefs on what one says.

Dude, you gotta stop pulling your case in every situation
i just thought it was similar, i mean he is going to get people saying keep the beard. same with, people say keep the kesh, didnt they?
They didn't mean it as a taunt I am sure. These things are said to encourage a Sikh to adopt the appearance given by Guru Sahib. He made us into kings, why wouldn't you want it? I know you say you are not ready, but atleast don't sound like you are blaming those who are encouraging you!

i didnt mean it as a taunt. but it gets annoying after a while. if you tell someone and pester them to do something, will they? he may adopt the appearnce one day, i hopefully will do one day. but the time is not right.

for those who i made i was blaming them, i am very sorry, especially to that singh on this forum. i didnt mean to blame him.

Write a book on it then, as you have been suggesting others

who would be interested in a moonas book? who would be interested in someones life that all that was ever faced was fight after fight after fight?

I don't know what harm is gonna come if you atleast accept the fact that kesh is important for a Sikh. Not asking you to start keeping them yet, but atleast admit, atleast sound as if you are admitting that its important. Dude, neither you nor me are comparable to Bhai Rama Singh Jee who had Gurujee's darshan while he was a mona+cleanshaven. So stop thinking that you will have darshan while you are a mona. BhaiSahib's case was way totally different from any of us (unless I am totally wrong and you are an avtar Gurmukh straight from Akal Purkh's dargah). Stop comparing yourself to him. Tomorrow if some RSS goons start pelting a Gurdwara with stones, wouldn't I make a fool of myself if I go there with sticks to fight them keeping in mind "oh I am gonna be like Baba Deep Singh or Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale".
kesh is important, but anyone would rather do something with pyaar pehla. me having darshan, a good one, where am i and where was bhai rama singh? as for rss, so you would not be prepared to fight the RSS, you would not want to save the honour of guru maharaj's palace? you fought at least. come on mehtab, everyone knows you follow full rehat with as much as you can (thus so much pyaar), surly maharaj would infuse his pyaar into you and so you could take on the

RSS. and even if you didnt take them all on, at least youd be remembered as the guy who fought back.

Again, stop comparing others to yourself. Atleast he has a bit of Sikhi saroop and Guru willing there will be kirpa on him in future. There is ALWAYS a point in kesh! Admit it!

i am saying, let him decide, let him do what he wants to do. theres a point in kesh, when maharaj gives his darshan in his nirgun form, he has long kesh. if we are an image of god (as maharaj wanted us be), one should grow it. but this growing of kesh is only happy in maharaj's eyes if it comes out with pyaar. his pyaar has died (it looks like it if he wants to trim it). let him.

Seriously dude, all that knowledge that you have on Sikhi, you probably put many Amritdharis to shame, coz maybe even most of them don't have that much gyaan. And then when you start with all this bs "I don't want to keep kesh...I don't want to be a Singh", and then put that "YET" in brackets, what are you trying to suggest?
maybe maharaj will do kirpa on me, maybe i will be a singh one day. maybe i will have a turban, a crown and be a singh. maybe, but just not yet. why cant i even say i may be a singh one day? cant i even say hopefully maharaj will do kirpa on me?
Now coming back to topic, I'd say encourage him t

o be in fully Sikhi saroop rather than a partial one. I don't have anything else to say. Maybe the gyanis on here know better.

you can do three of the following, if you really want to help him.

1. make some slogans, like no turban, no crown, no singh. and see how effective that is. you will if he walks into the barber shop or not.

2. nothing, leave it to maharaj to sort it out.

3. do an ardas that maharaj does kirpa on him.

bhol chukke muaff.

After speaking to Kandola Veer ji on Msn - this is what DAas said -

>>>besides, khalsa jis hav better things 2 do like doin paath than wastin their time on this<<<<

>>> Wannabe - Singh <<< Sent Applications applying for recidency in ANandpur.... säger:

no it's not to waste time if ur encouragement can save someone from doing such a MASSSSSSSIVEEEEEE mistake

>>> Wannabe - Singh <<< Sent Applications applying for recidency in ANandpur.... säger:

that's the BIGGEST SEVA U CAN EVER DO - if OOOONNNNNNE person changes his midn form cutting his mind - I say my purpose in life is served

>>>Atamras Kirtan darbar, almost here säger:

its up 2 him

Atamras Kirtan darbar, almost here säger:

not 2 the khalsa jis<<<<

Yes in the END IT IS - but right now - all they know is - that perosn ius about to make a MASSSSSSIVEE MISTAKE- and ALLLLL POSSIBLE efforts shoudl make to prevent him from -

it's liek saying in the end it's his desition if he wants to commity suicide

sorry

got disconnected

but as i say

Atamras Kirtan darbar, a

lmost here säger:

it coms frm the dil

>>> Wannabe - Singh <<< Sent Applications applying for recidency in ANandpur.... SANGAT ON YAHOOOOO PURE ANANDD! säger:

have u done ARdaas too GURu?

what for?

>>> Wannabe - Singh <<< Sent Applications applying for recidency in ANandpur.... SANGAT ON YAHOOOOO PURE ANANDD! säger:

as for Dil - make sure u can make a distinction between BODY and SOUl

Ardaas for for inspiration and make ur MAN come to the right palce

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

have u done ARdaas too GURu?

Ardaas for for inspiration and make ur MAN come to the right palce

mr singh, in a response that....

i want to concentrate on the inside before i concentrate on the outside.

Please LISTEN TO PANJAB RADIO NOW

they're talking about 'why should we keep kes'!

the Singh said something VERY DEEEEEEEEEP he said

'whats on the OUTSIDE goes IN'

U a smoka/trimmer - VAIKAR goes in

Ur a kesdhari with Dharaparkash it's quite liekly u'll be INSPIREING people to keep as well :wub:

For ALL non-kesdharis - pelase scroll down to 'REHIT' and read all the articles about KES - PLEASE!

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

mr singh, not always does things on the outisde seem to be the same on the inside.

gianis drinking and smoking, must i say more?

i have come across one singh saw him at school, went out alot, drank, smoke all that, now cut his hair (after how many years?).

but then again, i came across one singh who threatened a close relative of mine at a university. yes he was drunk.

point is, he drank etc while he had kesh. now you tell me, is that a classic example of whats on the outside is also on the inside as well?

i dont see why so many have to be like "be a singh, be a singh" etc, its up to that person at the end of the day, anyone would rather be something they want to be rather than something they dont want to be.

even one gursikh friend of mine is fine with it, it comes with pyaar pehla.

Guest mehtab
mr singh, not always does things on the outisde seem to be the same on the inside.
So you are not a gyani from inside?
gianis drinking and smoking, must i say more?
So that means all gyanis are that way? Stop generalizing and stereotyping!
i have come across one singh saw him at school, went out alot, drank, smoke all that, now cut his hair (after how many years?).
So? What does that prove? This one dude was messed up doesn't mean all others are as well.
but then again, i came across one singh who threatened a close relative of mine at a university. yes he was drunk.
Same as what I just said.
point is, he drank etc while he had kesh. now you tell me, is that a classic example of whats on the outside is also on the inside as well?
Yet again same as what I said. Stop boring me now!
i dont see why so many have to be like "be a singh, be a singh" etc, its up to that person at the end of the day,
Looks like you bigtime need to read Undithi Duniya by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee and freak yourself out as to what awaits someone who thinks he/she knows better than Guruji. Tell me something, Guru Gobind Singh also had to take Amrit and become Gobind SINGH. Before that He was Gobind Rai. Now what made Him do that? You think those who think "why be a Singh?" are better than Him?
anyone would rather be something they want to be rather than something they dont want to be.
Well why be a Sikh in the first place then when you can't even aspire to follow Gurujee's hukam? I am not saying follow all hukams all at once, but atleast aspire to do so! Atleast have that yearning to follow them! Thats the least a Sikh can have!
even one gursikh friend of mine is fine with it, it comes with pyaar pehla.
Your GurSikh friend is Sikh enough to give his head to Gurujee out of love, and so obviously he is gonna say that love comes first, because thats what made him a GurSikh. What about the others who make up excuses?

So you are not a gyani from inside?
a true gyani take the good deeds of others and applies it to himself. whether or not i have done that is between me and maharaj.
So that means all gyanis are that way? Stop generalizing and stereotyping!

i didnt say they all did, show me where i said "all gianis do it" what i am saying is, there are some. some that will have the full nishaan of a khalsa ji, yet the inside is messed up.

So? What does that prove? This one dude was messed up doesn't mean all others are as well
no, they dont. but i am saying that pyaar for maharaj does not always generally show on the inside and outside.
Yet again same as what I said. Stop boring me now!

if i bore you that much, there is no need to read my posts.

Looks like you bigtime need to read Undithi Duniya by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee and freak yourself out as to what awaits someone who thinks he/she knows better than Guruji.

only an <banned word filter activated> would say that (that they're bigger than guru ji).

Tell me something, Guru Gobind Singh also had to take Amrit and become Gobind SINGH. Before that He was Gobind Rai. Now what made Him do that? You think those who think "why be a Singh?" are better than Him?
then this clearly shows, once your an amritdhari can you use the word Singh. not otherwise. what made him do it? simple, the order of akal purakh. when he had his nirgun darsan was he told instructions to do what guru ji did. judging by what you have written, you can only use the name "singh" once you have taken amrit. so why are you "mehtab singh", you havent taken amrit, therefore, not a singh.

pehla apni aap dekhi da, phir lokha nu kei sakdhi

(first you need to look at yourself pehla, before you can say things to others)

Well why be a Sikh in the first place then when you can't even aspire to follow Gurujee's hukam?

i never said i was a sikh, sik

h background of course. but not a sikh. one can only be a sikh once taking amrit.

I am not saying follow all hukams all at once, but atleast aspire to do so! Atleast have that yearning to follow them! Thats the least a Sikh can have!
any yearning is between maharaj and me.
Your GurSikh friend is Sikh enough to give his head to Gurujee out of love, and so obviously he is gonna say that love comes first, because thats what made him a GurSikh. What about the others who make up excuses?

what made him a gursikh? thats a convo ill have to tell you via email or through msn, its a looong story. or perhaps mr singh can tell you.

at the end of the day, its up to someone on what they want to be (with the kirpa of maharaj).

example, you broke away from the brahminism and came to sikhi. others will carry on with whatever.

being a khalsa ji, even keshdari takes time to think about. its not something that you can say in a second.

now is the time to learn before i (or anyone) go towards taking amrit. but you ask any sant and they'll tell you, start to combat the inside before you go towards the outside.