redrafting the akal takhat maryada

DhadiMania

the sikh rehat maryada, for gursikhs is a code of conduct, a set of laws that all gursikhs must follow. but many jathas are promoting their own maryadas.

a country has a group of laws, all citizens must abide to it.

the same applies to this situation.

laws come (from the uk) from the house of lords, one house. the house of commons proposes them. they dont make laws without consulting each other. ultimatly, the house of lords can overturn many appeals made by the house of commons.

so how does this apply to us.

our house of lords, is the house of the akal, akal takhat. in which all gursikhs should follow that maryada (regardless if i am a moona, i have to say this).

our house of commons is all the jathas made, akj, taqoban.

the difference is the house of commons and the house of lords always consult each other before they make a law. ultimaltly, house of lords can over rule.

now if the house of lords and commons made their own decisions, would it not make a two tier system for the UK? would there not be fighting, a civil war, where england would tear itself apart?

now take sikhi.

our throne, akal takhat. highest seat of them all. and take akj and taqoban. do they not tear sikhi by saying "follow us!" "follow us!"

singho, for the sake of the panth, we need to do something. theres many fights going on in the panth. and if the jathedar will sit back, we have to make him stand up.

pehla

we need someone to create a letter/petition to the jathedar to redraft the rehat maryada that suits the sarbat khalsa.

that way, we wont have people saying "follow our maryada, ours is better".

you'll s

till have all the smagams, but will be promoting the same message. to all gursikhs, to follow akals maryada, follow akal takhats maryada.

well singho, anyone at all here willing?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsingh

today we are not one but jathas. Yes we need jathas, but they must follow the rules, as it where. a jatha can be seen as a regiment of an army. the jatha has a leader the jathadar who is incharge. but today each makes his own rules, one says u can eat meat, other says u cant. one says u canwear jewlery other says u cant. if Akal takath doesnt say u must not wear even a watch who are we to say.

a regiment wouldnt disobay its senior in command, So why do jathas not obay Akal Takath. people say No every jatha ollows akal takath but just makes it more strict. when guru ji took amrit he didnt need to ask jatha, today its a pick 'n Mix service, take the one u find more onvinient to u .

before there use to be a prob with pakhandi baba. the new prob in the UK is people not willing to accept akal takath. 1 min people say to me, we should abide by maryada. nxt they go the Dasam Granth is full of things we shouldnt say. and there also going directly against hukamnama passed only few months ago! it seems every day we make the most simplist religion harder, we add more rules, restrictions.

pull chuck maff.

The so called SGPC Rehat Maryada is in draft form and has never been finalised.

As for the Akal Takht redrafting it. As I have mentioned before we need to get a real Jathedar in to get this great institution functioning correctly again. We currently have a Giani in charge and in my opinion we need someone else to take charge. Again as I have mentioned before a car tyre on a tractor can only take the tractor so far and another example, a doctor cannot do the job of an optician (although he may be able to get away with it for a few days). :wub: )

sarbat khalsa needs to be in control by electing a jathedar before they can even come close to starting on rehat maryada again!

regarding akj and tapoban.. they are the same.. i think you are thinking of akj and taksal etc..

the comment about how different jathas make things stricter.. the other issue is there is written proof. I can prove everything i beleive in with rehat namas and history as well as gurbani. I am sure others can as well.

so doesnt puratan rehatnamas and gurbani over rule sgpc any day? I think if the rehat maryada does not cover certain things, we need to do our OWN studying and learn about these things for ourselves.

Sikhs should be studious. you can waste 16 years studying BS at school, but you cant even study your own religion? the more you learn about it, the more rehat you will realize is NOT being followed by the panth and needs to be.

Guest SikhForLife
regarding akj and tapoban.. they are the same

i dont think so veerji.. ask any old timer AKJer.. people who have been in the jatha for a loong loong time..

[admin cut]

Admin: Truth can be edited here.. but there were over 200 witnesses at the Toronto Rehansbaye. I dont want to defame either Jatha .. but i think we need to look and decide who we want to follow and not accept either without looking on the other side

singh, I am stuck in the middle of this issue and dont want to have anything to do with it. Let the international jatha decide who is akj and who is not. for now it is best to remain neutral. dont take sides and dont judge either side. there are problems with both sides and both sides have good singhs. stick with that philosophy and thats the end of it.

I heard that Tapoban is meant to be the Taksal of AKJ, where Gursikhs can learn Shudh Bani Ucharan and Viakhya etc.

As AKJ was/is a keertani jatha, ie doing Keertan and not a taksal...but as the Jatha grew there was need for a Gurmat educational institution and Tapoban was made. i think that is the way it is.

OK...here are some point:

1. Meat-issue, something clear on it...most sikhs are confused over eating meat or not.

2. Authority of Dasam Granth in relation with Sri Guru Granth Sahib

3. Something clear on Raag Mala

4. Have som codes for eating Langar, and Gurdwara etiqutte that was designed on this site by Gurpreet Bhainji

5. Equal status to Bibian, as per the Seva issue is concerned

6. Something clear on Sehajdharis, if they can vote or not.

7. Gurdwara management rule: Only Amritdhari Sikhs, women and men, should be in the commt. and everyone must follow the Rehat.

8. Edit the Ardas, to add something on 1984...after 'jinnah Gurdwareh-Gurdama no Panth to Vishorea geya heh'

9. The Rehat gives us Five Banis Paath, however many groups do more...so i am not sure if that is to be added, but doing more Paath should be considered good. :wub:

that is it for me....will think of more afterwards.

kandola before you discuss reht maryada you should follow it

ok, practice what i preach. some day. not yet (and i am not having that debate here).

point is, all you ever see at the gurdwara and on forums are "akal takhat is the best" another "no no, akj" and then some big massive fight starts. i'm sick of it. i dont know if you are. but i am.

recently, a letter was made to say that the jathedar should ban the RSS. if we turn to the jathedar to things like this, why cant anyone go and make another letter saying redraft the maryada so everyone can follow it as one. instead of all these scuffles going on.

i mean look "united we stand, divided we fall"

the first step is agreeing to one maryada. are we united right now, or divided?