Today, 21St December.

singhapore

I feel guilty.

In the morning before leaving my home, I opened my siblings' room door and saw them, 9 and 5 years of age, sleeping under warm duvets admist the cold air-con. I remembered the chotey sahibzade who had to cross the treacherous river, separated from their mothers, brothers and father, who had to endure sleeplessness, hunger and danger, with mata gujar kaur Ji.

While I'm wearing warm clothes in the rainy season I remember gurudev, his family and his singh's who endured the harshest of colds, getting wet in the sirsa river only made it worse.

While I have gourmet cuisine for lunch and besan burfi, I remember they only had a handful of chickpeas for nourishment.

While I type this with an iPhone in my hand, I remember them holding khandas and teghas and barshey in their hand, ready to face death and rewrite history.

I feel guilty.

For not being a good sikh, for not following gurudev's instructions.

Don't you?

I feel guilty.

In the morning before leaving my home, I opened my siblings' room door and saw them, 9 and 5 years of age, sleeping under warm duvets admist the cold air-con. I remembered the chotey sahibzade who had to cross the treacherous river, separated from their mothers, brothers and father, who had to endure sleeplessness, hunger and danger, with mata gujar kaur Ji.

While I'm wearing warm clothes in the rainy season I remember gurudev, his family and his singh's who endured the harshest of colds, getting wet in the sirsa river only made it worse.

While I have gourmet cuisine for lunch and besan burfi, I remember they only had a handful of chickpeas for nourishment.

While I type this with an iPhone in my hand, I remember them holding khandas and teghas and barshey in their hand, ready to face death and rewrite history.

I feel guilty.

For not being a good sikh, for not following gurudev's instructions.

Don't you?

Very well said. We should always remember the sacrifices of our Shaheeds.

Date: December, 21st, 1704 A.D. Location: Sri Chamkaur Sahib, Punjab, north-western India. Event: somewhat similar to what you saw in the movie 300, only that this time it was just 40 of them, some as young as 14 years old, who stood up against an army of tyrants numbering 1 million. Not to forget that 40 of them were starved for a significant amount of time, and were facing a well-fed army. But m

ost importantly, they were not fighting for a piece of land or territory, or protecting any kingdom. They fought against injustice and tyranny, without getting or even expecting the least bit of any material benefits or gains for themselves. We remember them today as our heroes, for it was them who gave up their tomorrow, so we could have our today. Parnaam Shaheedaan Nu!