Gossiping Neighbour

Guest crazy

Don't go in an angry manner speak to her with respect about the issues and if she is not willing to listen then your only option is to call the police and report harassment because what you described it does not sound like the odd gossip it's more like harassment like verbal abuse that's what I would do anyway let in the hands of the law give her a warning...

I went to her house and threatened to call the police .I was very polite from the beginning .She went into a state of denial and started saying she would hit that oerson black and blue who had put those things in my head . She seemed to be psychotic . She spent 10 minutes starting off with "How did you get this notion into your head "? and i was left with no option but to apologize for the misunderstanding because she said she didnt know me and i should have brought parents along.She even started shedding tears and said how did i think that way . She started off by saying that she was a very busy woman and she had to fulfill the role of both mother and father to her son . She went on and on and i had to beg for forgiveness as a younger brother . She said all people are scared to come up and say anything to her because she was such an uprighteous woman.

Balls

and then she said she was forgiving me because i was younger bro else she would have dealt severely .I said dont start off this thing again since things have cooled down . She said she would like to meet my family when they came back .

I had to give a mild threat again and she said ok go.

After that i remembered the several occasions when i had overheard her talking about me . and i fellt like a <banned word filter activated> for having believed all that she said.

People are so shrewd and crafty and i am such a naive baby.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop arguing amongst yourselves for a start. Display a bit of decorum.

i am the guy who argues all the time and screams at the top of his voice.But thats a different topic altogether .

Hi M4ndy,I went to her again since i should have been the one to threaten her .Instead she had turned the tables on me.I aplogized because she was going hysterical and going to cry .When i came back and told her that i was serious about what i had said and i had done the right thing.She said you just apologized and left.Why have you come back and started questioning my himmat in ringing her bell and coming to her. She labelled it as harassment against a single lady .She questioned what i heard .I narrated whatever I heard and there was stunned expression on her face for a second and then she said that it was because of her servants son was not studying. I told her i heard this in punjabi and she said there was no one in the house except her son whom she could talk to in punjabi .

I was left with no substance because i couldnt prove anything.She started screaming at top voice asking me to get out .She threatened to call the security.Other neighbours too came out to check whats up and went away . Then i dont know what happened to her ;she started crying and said she worried for my mother .She said "apni Pehen nu dukh de ke jayenga,Agli waar ravan ban ke na aayee. Waheguru de waste dont come back .

and she started blessing me and i didnt know what to say . I was left in a limbo. I just went away from the scene . The tables was turned on me and i still know that i was not mistaken about the gossip.

Guest jcglahlvh

i am the guy who argues all the time and screams at the top of his voice.But thats a different topic altogether .

It really isn't, it's directly linked. I'm going to be completely honest and say that I think your behaviour is pretty mental. Just leave her alone and stop arguing with your family.

Well sounds like she must have a mental problem just leave it or report her for saying stuff to you... Why do people gossip about others anyway? Noones life can be perfect either they must have a lot of time on their hands or something is not right..

Guest control

Yes for starters, stop arguing with your own family- krodh is one of the 5 thieves, if you don;t try and control it, then you are just a student of Sat who is not learning or applying.

And if the gossiping keeps occurring even after you stop arguing with your own loved ones, then go and speak to the woman calmly and tell her that in sikhi, gossip is a great sin, that slander is a great crime in Sachkandh. The fate of the slanderer is described many times in Gurbani, read up on it.

To help you control your own theives, recognise God everywhere in everyone, he comes as the gossiping lady to test you, he comes as your family to see if you'll rise to arguments and control your anger.

He's showing you your own faults through other people- so no matter what slander and arguments come your way, realise that its all false, and that only God exists- its all just him teaching you and testing you and leading you to Him if you'll listen to his lessons and communication. Anything with an image is false. God has no form, no image, he is Nothingness so get up and live and apply this gurbani to your own life.

say that I think your behaviour is pretty mental.

Are You saying that I am hallucinating ? or that I am arguing for no reason You dont even know my background.Once when i was alone and i was talking to my maid about coffee, she asked my maid whether she was alone with me and I heard her laughing and sayingsomething that I dont wanna mention this because as soon as i talk such things my blood begins to boil . I feel as if i am suffocating and useless people are intruding in my life.Gods sake arent you passing a biased judgement against me

And M4ndy , The neighbour on both occasions was moving from an anger state to hysterical state to anger state. And on the second occasion she denied that she cried on the first occasion , yet she cried again

Hi ,

I heard her saying "Main unno jaandi wi Nahi.Rab Sab Kucch Vekhda paya... " and I heard her something about us .It seems as if she wants to talk to my folks.That day she was crying and giving me blessings,wishing me Luck with my career . Now I again felt the bitterness in her voice. What I do If she comes and talk to my folks.My folks are pious and too nice to confront someone . What do I do ? That day she was asking me not to come back and was saying she wouldnt talk to my folks.Now she is saying this.Now I am in a dilemma. Do I confront her with all that I heard her gossiping about.It will only lead to another vicious argument with her throwing all the blame on me.And I am afraid I am bound to lose control of myself and get angry .I will start shouting at her.I am totally Confused and it makes me laugh and think what stuff she is made of .

Please guide. This is getting crazier and i want to stay from all this crap.