True Story in China

Many may have read this story before but it is very good and I forgot the source.

True Story in China

WARNING: This story is of a sensitive nature.

Dear friends,

This is a story that I read in the Chinese papers Lianhe Zaobao on 2 Aug 1999. It is written by local Chinese traveler cum writer, Wu Wei Cai. I felt very touched and shaken by the story and I have translated it to English so that more people may read about it...

This happened on a highway in China. Forty passengers, mostly males were on an inter-state bus. Halfway through the journey, two thugs on the bus suddenly went up to the lady bus driver and demanded that she stopped he bus and follow them to a waste grounds nearby. The lady driver refused and began to put up a fight against them.

At the same time, she cried out to the other passengers in the bus to help her. However, the other passengers not only cruelly turned a deaf ear to her cries, they even suggested that she give in to the thugs' demands so that they can carry on their journey quickly when they are done with her.

One young man amongst the passengers stood out to chide the rest of the passengers and tried to help the lady driver. However, sensing that the majority of the people do not have the guts to resist them, the thugs grew even bolder and beat up the young man. They then forcefully dragged the lady driver out of the bus. Right on the side of the road, the two thugs took turns to rape the lady driver while the rest watched.

After the thugs have satisfied their lust, they commanded the lady drive to return to the bus and resume with the journey. With tears streaming down her face, the lady driver begged

that they

drive the righteous young man out of the bus as she is too ashamed to face him again.

The young man felt absolutely stupefied. So much for trying to speak up for the lady and now he is thrown out and left stranded on a desolated highway!

Hours later, when the lady driver passed by a mountainous cliff, she sped up and flung the whole bus with all its passengers over the cliff, right into the bottom of the valley.

This story was retold later by the only survivor of the journey - the righteous young man, Manjeet Singh who was driven out of the bus."

Recently there have been a spate of events that reveal the ugly side of our "civilised" society. Not so long ago, a Malaysian bus driver was viciously beaten up when he tried to stop a snatch thief. He was surrounded by members of the public, watching with their arms folded.

I question myself. Have we gone from the stone age to become even more barbarous? Has the condition of the human heart degenerated to being no different from that of an animal? Did the lady bus driver commit suicide because she couldn't bear the shame of being raped or is it because she has given up on the humanity of "humans"?

Vaheguroo ohmy.gif

This is what happens without the grace of the true lord. If she was a tyaar-bar-tyaar singhni, there would be bodies lying on the floor.

Society has become even worse than what it was succumbing to the superior, accepting the norm, following blindly, and so ignorant to the truth. I feel sorry to be living in such a society. :wub:

Bhul chuk muaf karnee.

jio, i don think dat its abt dat lady bein tyar bar tyar, well shud, buti ts talkin abt da society, the degrading of the socity dat has bcom. Society has no shame, no respect, not enuff "humanity" left in em an those hu do hav some an act it r discriminated an critisied................i fink we all need to do somfin, to help da society be a better place

no matter where u live, its evrywhere.

bhull chuk maaf jio

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Vaheguroo ohmy.gif

This is what happens without the grace of the true lord. If she was a tyaar-bar-tyaar singhni, there would be bodies lying on the floor.

Society has become even worse than what it was succumbing to the superior, accepting the norm, following blindly, and so ignorant to the truth. I feel sorry to be living in such a society. :wub:

Bhul chuk muaf karnee.

see, that's definitely not the "moral", in my opinion....

i mean, you're basically blaming the girl for her own rape... she was driving a bloody bus... doin nothin wrong..

what would happen if, god forbid, a singhnee did get raped.... do we blame her for not being tyaar bar tyaar? or do we show compassion?

apparently, from this story, we blame her...

what about the one guy who stood up... how come no one's blaming him? only two thugs attacked him, yet you expect the girl to have had "bodies lying on the floor", and she wasn't even a singhnee, but this guy was a singh...

what a bloody double standard... it reminds me too

much of the mentality we see from the bad apples of islam, that say only if you are islam you are okay, that's the tone i got from your post....

who's to say she wasn't a devout buddhist?

better yet, who's to say it wasn't in her KARMA (yeah..remmeber that thing?) that she was going to be raped this lifetime?

how about even "commending" her for saving the humanity-serving humans by kicking the singh off the bus?

that mentality is so bad. "if she was s singhnee, this wouldn't have happened"

honestly man, that's low.