Parminder Nagra Files For Divorce From Husband Of Three Years

genie

E.R. star Parminder Nagra files for divorce from husband of three years James Stenson

By Sarah Fitzmaurice

Last updated at 7:42 AM on 9th February 2012

Former E.R. star Parminder Nagra has filed for divorce from her husband, according to U.S. reports.

The 36-year-old actress is said to have filed for divorce from photographer James Stenson, ending their marriage after three years.

According to TMZ the British actress, who now stars in Alcatraz has cited ‘irreconcilable differences’ for the split.

Split: Parminder Nagra has filed from divorce from her husband James Stenson

Parminder and James had been dating for seven years before marrying in 2009 and in May that year they welcomed their son Kai.

A spokesperson for the actress failed to comment on the story.

Parminder found fame in the film Bend It Like Beckham before heading to the small screen and the E.R. as Doctor Neela Rasgotra.

She took time out from acting in 2009 to concentrate on being a mother bringing up her son Kai

Last month the actress stepped out to join the cast of Alcatraz at the premiere of the show.

Parminder joined her fellow cast members at the premiere of the show at the famed former prison in San Francisco Bay.

The mother-of-one looked stunning in a draped cobalt blue dress, which not only showed off her trim shape and complemented her skin tone.

New project: Parminder is now starring in the show Alcatraz along with Jorge Garcia, Jason Butler Harner, Sarah Jones, Jonny Coyne, Sam Neill, Robert Forster and Jeffrey Pierce

The series tells the story of Detective Rebecca Madsen, played by Jones, is assigned to a homicide case and a fingerprint leads to a former Alcatraz Island prisoner by the name of Jack Sylvane (Jeffrey Pierce) who was thought to have died decades ago.

Returning to the prison Madsen finds out that Sylvane is not only alive but has curiously not aged a day since he was in Alcatraz.

Parminder stars as Lucy Banerjee, Agent Hauser's technician.

source: dailymail

Indeed some indian/punjabi women think marrying out the faith or to a guy of a different race will bring them happiness they are very much mistaken. It's all lust end of the day they learn very quickly that guys are basically the same regardless of colour/caste/race etc. If you dont have firm faith and values in common chances are your marriage will end quick especially these days as more and more people are divorcing and less and less people taking up marriage.

Indeed some indian/punjabi women think marrying out the faith or to a guy of a different race will bring them happiness they are very much mistaken. It's all lust end of the day they learn very quickly that guys are basically the same regardless of colour/caste/race etc. If you dont have firm faith and values in common chances are your marriage will end quick especially these days as more and more people are divorcing and less and less people taking up marriage.

I agree.

It also happens the other way as well, with some guys thinking no Sikh / Punjabi girl is "worthy" of what he has to offer, and therefore he goes looking outside of the community for a partner. But like you said, common values and genuine understanding and respect are vital, whatever background you're from. If a person happens to find someone with such values then I'd say that person is extremely fortunate.

I think people are too quick to judge others as being enticed by lust as the reason for marrying out of religion and race. I think most people are a bit more genuine with their intent but are fooled by emotions. People don't think practically about marriage. It's all "but oh, i FEEL this, and I FEEL that" and you just feel like grabbing them, shaking them and telling them to wake up!

People blame media for a lot of issues, and although I agree with those people, I think it all begins at home. Not everyone has good parents.

All this talk of her marrying a white fella as a reason for divorce is silly and pointless. If anything....If I had to guess....I would guess that one of the possible reasons for them being incompatible is the fact that the non-sikh white fella was a clean living man whereas his wife (the sikh girl) was addicted to nicotine....forever being pictured in the tabloids with a cigarette at her mouth.

See this for example : http://www.google.co...s:0&tx=52&ty=64

That type of woman can only have a long lasting marriage with a man with similar bad habits. Doesn't matter whether he's a sikh, christian or jedi. As long as he's got bad habits.