so many divorces

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yesterday, there was a wedding, with a limousine parked in the car park. it was last week when a wedding took place, with horses, people dancing and of course, bombay vajaa was there (yes the vajaa wale)

but has anyone noticed a surge of divorces when people come to the guru darbar like this?

a few years back, a wedding took place. dhol wale, bombay vajaa wale, and yes the horse. all came into the gurdwara. the horse was scared of all this ronak taking place in the car park, it would not let the bride-groom dismount and enter the gurdwara. it was only a year later after so many fights did this couple end up divorcing. Last year, a horse and carriage was parked in the car park for the bride and groom.

ek sakhi i came i just remembered.

mata gujari went on horseback to see baba buddha ji for a son, she bought with her all sorts of nice food. baba ji turned her away.

do you know why?

she came in with alot of ego with her (by coming on horse etc), baba ji was not happy how she came in. coming on horse in the old days showed you were powerful.

now guru arjun dev ji told her, what she did was wrong. and suggested she should walk it, with simple food. baba ji saw her and was most pleased. he granted her this son which later became guru hargobind ji.

When maharaj does kirpa, your happy, but when he doesn’t and he shuns you away all sorts of dukh comes. The secret of getting kirpa from maharaj is staying neeva throughout life.

you gain blessings and kirpa from maharaj only when you enter the gurdwara with humility. whats the point of showing off? you could use that mon

ey for other things. Funding the langar perhaps.

But what do these people try to prove by putting on a show for these people?

At the end of the day, who is going to make this marriage a happy marriage?

Is it going to be maharaj, or those people who come and eat at the wedding (family and friends)?

Who is going to help you when your in need?

Maharaj or family and friends?

Luckily, our gurdwara has put signs saying dhol and dancing will not be allowed in the gurdwara. But even just outside the gurdwara, people come with splendor, they come in with ego and suffer.

Now, the next time you see a thousand dhols being played, while the grrom comes on a horse (or limo) and comes into the car park like this, and everyone comes dancing. Ask yourself this…

Is maharaj happy at all this?

Will maharaj do kirpa with this couple by the way they come in?

Bhol chukke muaff

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Maharaj Will do Kirpa no matter what- it's for us to do Ardaas for him to shower us with gifts such as patitience (in the end Kuri naal rehna e - patience ta chahidi e tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif )

yeah it's another thing , the more you please maharaj the more he will shower his mercy

po.s I'm not actually sure how true the Sakhi is, BECAUSE Baba Buddha ji lived until Guru HArgobind Sahib ji, i.e he got Darshan of 6 Gurus, how can Guru TEGHBAHADUR SAHIB ji's wife ask for a Son, when Baba Buddha ji had reached Sachkahnd before meeting the 7th Guru - if im not mistaken with the facts :T: I thinik I heard this SAkhi from somewhere as well,m but I'm not sure whether it was Mata Gurjri ji or not :T:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

point is Mr Singh, you come to the gurdwara in great show, hasnt anyone noticed that after the wedding people end up having major fights and end up getting divorced?

and if you havent noticed it, go and have a look at the next wedding that comes on a horse etc and see what happens afterwards. hasnt anyone at all noticed a great surge of divorces in the sikh community when people come like this?

the only way for maharaj to be happy is to stay neeva.

i wasnt reffering to guru tegh bahadurs wife asking for a son. i was reffering to guru arjun dev ji's wife, asking for a son. as mentioned in the previous post.

NOTE: MATA GUJARAI WAS NOT MARRIED TO GURU ARJUN DEV JI. MATA GANGA DEVI OF MAU SAHIB WAS MARRIED TO GURU SAHIB.

(admin sorry for the capslock, had to point out the mistake)

bhol chukke muaff

the point why we have so many high rates of divorce cases happening around nowadays is because one and only ONE reason.. people do not follow the SIKH way of life.. they do not keep their rehat.. wout all this.. the 5 vikaar will surely overcome them and let them down..

the point why we have so many high rates of divorce cases happening around nowadays is because one and only ONE reason.. people do not follow the SIKH way of life.. they do not keep their rehat.. wout all this.. the 5 vikaar will surely overcome them and let them down..

thats one reason. but saying that, many of our parents were not gursikhs when they got married, mine arent, thats for sure, but they been living together for along time, a very long time! but how many of our parents had horses and limousines etc?

aaj kal di viah are full of pride, pride for ourselves. didnt maharaj say pride is a sin? i mean come on sangato coming like that on a wedding clearly shows pride.

my philosophy to all this, is one really wants all this, they shouldnt bring the horse or the limo anywhere near the gurdwara. that way the bride and groom can walk in showing humility. but why the horse coming into the gurdwara? why all this being bought into the gurdwara? you'll only bring dukh upon yourself, dont you agree sangato?

kandola whats your point!!! u think jus because ppl come on a horse to get married thats y they end up getting divorced
first of all learn what the horse symbolises in india. in the old days, people used to come on here. this showed they were powerful. very high people. you saying you can go into the gurdwara high and mighty? hasnt anyone here noticed at all the high rate of divorces when this happens? if you havent, try and observe the next time
so what if ppl have dholis, vajja valey, it happens outside they dont take it into the gurdwara n start playing do they.

in some gurdwaras, it end up coming into the car park. i have seen it. there was a gurdwara somewhere in birmingham that allowed this (cant remember where, i was only 8)

anyway ur only gonna get married once (if it lasts) so y not enjoy it

yeah, come in all high and mighty why dont you.

first of all learn what the horse symbolises in india. in the old days, people used to come on here. this showed they were powerful. very high people. you saying you can go into the gurdwara high and mighty? hasnt anyone here noticed at all the high rate of divorces when this happens? if you havent, try and observe the next time
whats your point tho, we are not in the old days so it doesnt matter anymore, in u saying that i could say y do ppl come i cars, 'back in the days' cars were only for the rich, 'why do ppl bring cameras etc back in the days.....'
in some gurdwaras, it end up coming into the car park. i have seen it. there was a gurdwara somewhere in birmingham that allowed this (cant remember where, i was only 8)

whats wrong with that,, theyre still outside they dont enter the gurdwara with the horse, the dholis n bajay walay do they

yeah, come in all high and mighty why dont you.

r>

meaing what exactly??