Why Are Their Lack Of Profesional Sikh Athletes

hgsingh

Not even a little bit close to what I said. Firstly, bypassing the 'sikh' element here, everything I said applies to each and every one

So...in conclusion then....Saif Udeen, the answer to your question is .No'.

Your post of close to 1,000 words (impressive for a busy man) is a poorly structured set of weak arguments. You are right in mentioning mental colonialism - but it is something that you suffer from - not all of us live with such an inferiority complex.

How about some real issues, such as economic factors??

1) In wealthy societies, people have the time to pursue sports activities - in India, a relatively poor country, people are more focused on the basics of life.

2) In wealthy societies, the state can afford to invest in high quality sports facilities - in India, the government does not invest in such facilities.

3) In wealthy societies, diets do have a high protein content (important for athletic sports) - in India, many people still suffer malnutrition or have poor access to protein

Also, India does have some competitive advantage in some sports - India competes on a global level in hockey and cricket. Soccer is increasingly popular.

In addition to this, now that most people in India have access to television, they can actually view a much wider range of sports than was the case before - this will also encourage people to try different sports.

hissing, why don't yopu do yourself a favour and read my very first reply on this thread. It pretty much covered all the pros and cons....including the cricket paradox which you seem to think you're bringing up as a brand new idea , in the above message.

Also......When you're in America talking to Americans then fair enough....you should use the tern 'soccer', or 'soca'...'sarkar' or whatever it is you people call the game of football. But.....when you'e talking to an international audience you should realise that nobody on earth (except yourselves) calls the game 'soccer'. In the above message, you might as well have called it 'balingbongdingabingabingbong' . You'd have made as much sense. Just out of interest, how much respect would you have for my opinion right now if I, in my messages here, decided to call basketball 'drummdrummtumdu' and ice hockey 'chipubalingu' ?

Talking to you is a bit like a broken pencil : Pointless. A merry go round of tomfoolery and bufoonery. At the end of which one comes away with the feeling that he's just tried teaching something to someone quite clearly mentally lacking. A total waste of time.

p.s. Re; your comment about mental slavery and the fact that you're Canadian. I am willing to bet my house right now that you and all the other members of your family have givem yourselves Christian names. If not.....then you'd be the first Canadian Sikh in history that hasn't.

What could your little mind possibly understand about mental slavery my friend ?

I'm sure there are whites in places such as England, Australia, South Africa etc where cricket is one of the major sports who are, at this very moment, asking why Sikhs are so good at sports.

quite interesting. ,but the question is where are good Sikhs in cricket? The only 2 world class Sikh players iNdia produced in past 10 years are Harbhajan and Yuvraj ,both out of Indian team currently.Monty and Ravi Bopara are in and out for England team.So where are good quality Sikh players? Even at IPL Sikh players are very less and the one that are playing are of below average quality

hissing, why don't yopu do yourself a favour and read my very first reply on this thread. It pretty much covered all the pros and cons....including the cricket paradox which you seem to think you're bringing up as a brand new idea , in the above message.

Also......When you're in America talking to Americans then fair enough....you should use the tern 'soccer', or 'soca'...'sarkar' or whatever it is you people call the game of football. But.....when you'e talking to an international audience you should realise that nobody on earth (except yourselves) calls the game 'soccer'. In the above message, you might as well have called it 'balingbongdingabingabingbong' . You'd have made as much sense. Just out of interest, how much respect would you have for my opinion right now if I, in my messages here, decided to call basketball 'drummdrummtumdu' and ice hockey 'chipubalingu' ?

Talking to you is a bit like a broken pencil : Pointless. A merry go round of tomfoolery and bufoonery. At the end of which one comes away with the feeling that he's just tried teaching something to someone quite clearly mentally lacking. A total waste of time.

p.s. Re; your comment about mental slavery and the fact that you're Canadian. I am willing to bet my house right now that you and all the other members of your family have givem yourselves Christian names. If not.....then you'd be the first Canadian Sikh in history that hasn't.

What could your little mind possibly understand about mental slavery my friend ?

If I can clarify a couple of points....

Firstly, I used the term soccer as I appreciate that this forum has a large North American audience and it would help them differentiate between what they call football and what Brits call football. That illustrates an understanding of our audience - I hope you understand that.

Secondly, where did I say I was from Canada?? Born and brought up in the West Midlands and now living in West London! Just like you!

And regarding cricket, you show no understanding of cricket's heritage. This was a game that the British took to its colonies including India...and it is in those ex-colonies today that the game is played. Sikhs are no better at cricket than any other community in India.

I should of clarified lack of sikhs in the top ten or twenty physically demanding sports

With blacks they were bred for hundreds of years hence why they make up 14 percent of the population in the united states and 70 percent of the nfl and 75 percent of the nba and why most of france soccer team is black

I don't think sikhs should play sports like cricket its super fun but not top ten in physically demanding sports

Sikhs did dominate field hockey and in canada they dominate wrestling and powerlifting and ball hockey

But on international stage the wrestlers and powerlifters arnt excelling

England has kash the flash gill and akash bhatia

Their our sikh athletes but why arnt they winning golds at international level

Punjabis are the hardest working people accept in the punjab were they hire labour

Do you guys think it may have to do with lack of mental strength in sports cause that's one aspect of sikhism that has bin lost and its mental strength

Sikhs use to be the mentally strongest people in the world that's why they crushed their enemy's with the odds against them

Also do you guys think its lack of proper coach's and training available to sikhs

Plus how many sikh kids get put into sports at a young age