Deport Amanpreet Kaur

Toofana

just because i didnt post on a forum does not mean i did not fight for that Sikh , and the daya of a Sikh should have no limits, even if she is lying she is doing it for a better life, obviously she feels strongly enuff to slit her wrists, im not saying its right what she is doing but y add to her pain by writing mean comments? At the end of the day she is a meek woman who was touched by police and is hurting herself? U have no daya for that? May God never let it happen what if she was ur sister or daughter or mom in this mental state? Thats what being a Sikh is, having love for the world like ur own family, ek pita ekas kay hum baarak, the hurt of creation is the hurt of Guru Sahib whether they r good or bad

As toofana said daya for legitimate cases. Who I feel sorry for most is her parents who must have had high hopes for her to travel aboard and make a career for herself and send back some money only for her to resort to such measures and disgrace them. Many Punjabi families have financially ruined themselves by selling land and homes to send their offspring to western or middle eastern countries in order for their child wish to see the world or make better money only to find out that the conditions when they get to those countries are appalling. The streets are not paved with gold, people work like slaves just to make enough money for rent, food and survival never mind sending any back home to their families.

So a tough message should be sent to people back home that there is no easy life in the west. You will have to literally prostitute yourself in order to survive as some indian / punjabi women have found out when they ignorantly thought they would find riches aboard.

This amanpreet has declared herself a lesbian so let the homosexual community support her case she has nothing to do with us Sikhs now. Had India carried the death sentence or imprisonment for homosexuality then maybe she would have had a case but India doesn't so she got no case. Our support should be for Sikhs suffering real persecution and escaping from those regimes. I find it amazing Sikhs will support outlandish cases like lesbian/gay or Palestinian causes but will not raise their voice when legitimate cases of persecution of Sikhs are presented to them. A true Sikh always fights for his sikh brother and sister who are following the Sikh path not a homosexual or some other religious path because no one else fights for us.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about the case in question but I am very concerned by the hate language being exprssed by certain individuals on this discussion forum. With such hatred I cannot see how Genie could even claim to be a Sikh, let alone a 'true Sikh'. Please don't forget the words we say each time we do ardas 'Nanak naam chgardi kala terey baney sarbat da bhalla'. ALso, in gurbani is says 'hum nhe changay bura nhe koe'. I could provide many more quotes, but we must be careful to go down the path that the only people who deserve our compassion are those that follow exactly our own particular life style. If that were the case, then god help the many millions of Sikhs who don't subscribe to the very narrow and fascistic interpretation of Sikhi that people like Genie adopt. It is the same mentality that is held by Muslim, Christian, Hindu and Jewish fundamentalists, the BNP and EDL.

I think it boils down to the fraudulent cases that have jeopardised the legitimate case such as the likes of Professor Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar. Cases such as Amanpreet are heard on a daily basis at immigration tribunals in the UK. Genie has only stated what is the black and white truth. Homosexuality is not outlawed in India therefore she is free to return and practice her chosen lifestyle. Therefore there is no legitimate reason for her to be in the UK. Her cases has no relevance in Sikh terms as she is not a Sikh. As Sikh's, I would think we should respect the law of the land as well as sarbat da bhalla.

I don't know much about the case in question but I am very concerned by the hate language being exprssed by certain individuals on this discussion forum. With such hatred I cannot see how Genie could even claim to be a Sikh, let alone a 'true Sikh'. Please don't forget the words we say each time we do ardas 'Nanak naam chgardi kala terey baney sarbat da bhalla'. ALso, in gurbani is says 'hum nhe changay bura nhe koe'. I could provide many more quotes, but we must be careful to go down the path that the only people who deserve our compassion are those that follow exactly our own particular life style. If that were the case, then god help the many millions of Sikhs who don't subscribe to the very narrow and fascistic interpretation of Sikhi that people like Genie adopt. It is the same mentality that is held by Muslim, Christian, Hindu and Jewish fundamentalists, the BNP and EDL.

I dont know what kind of Sikhism you follow but im sure gurbani does not accept homosexuality as it explicitly states a man marries a woman. Clearly implying only man and woman heterosexual relationships are the normal. There is no room for bestiality, homosexuality and pedophilia in Sikhism they are sexual deviations from the norm of human sexuality. In Hinduism these practices are acceptable you can read it all in the vedas.

There is no hate here, I'm not expressing the killing or harming or banning of homosexuals as other faiths do. I think homosexuals are free to do as they wish as long as they do not impose or promote their sexual chosen lifestyle on others. Did you know homosexuals only account for 1% of the total population of the uk yet they want the most rights these days? there are more Muslims in the UK around 3-5% presently for god sake and they dont get the special treatment or protection that gays and lesbians seem to enjoy in our country these days.

I have a very traditionalist approach to Sikhi, you may have a very liberal approach where anything goes...The 10th master was very strict with his Sikhs I doubt he would have approved defending people based on their sexuality. These people should keep their sexuality behind closed doors we do not need to know what they get up to.