Any Sikh Leaders Who Speech With Passion?

genie

When i see youtube videos of various leaders giving speech i see 1 vital ingredient lacking....that is passion. That energy that shaheed sant bhindranwale had when he spoke you saw he was a serious man and serious about doing business. We dont see that in our leaders these days. Often they talk in a mute quite tone in a relaxed manor like shaheed sant harchand longewal did, these type of people or speechs dont inspire people or wake up the audience.

Or am I wrong is there an educated articulate intelligent leader out there or sikh spokesman who can argue the case for Sikh sovereignty/self-determination with full voice and passion?

I like this guys speech very much. This kind of leaders and speechs we need

Guest KopSingh
Often they talk in a mute quite tone in a relaxed manor like shaheed sant harchand longewal did

hang on a minute, i thort longowal isa gaddar/backstabber, he shudnt even b mentioned in any good light, never mind in same sentence as bhindrawale

longowal was the moderate voice of the akali dal he did his bit for the sikh kaum. I used to think he was a traitor after reading other peoples views of him on forums but after researching his achievements as in agitations and protests he organized against the government and what he tried to do for the community i see him in a different light.

We often are quick to label our leaders as traitors/gaddars without seeing the good and the bad they have done and then balance it up to come to a conclusion if they have been a force for betterment of our community or opposite.

I respect your view but Longowal really was a Gaddar of the highest order. He might have done some good for the Panth prior to 1983 but after that he had become increasingly sidelined because even the Akali Dal members who was under his command had openly walked off from Longowal's meeting to Sant Bhaindranwale's to show that they now considered Sant Bhindranwale as their leader.

Longowal announced a morcha to stop foodgrains leaving Punjab in first week of June 1984 so that Indira gandhi could use that as a excuse to attack Harmandir Sahib. He took an oath (along with Balwant Singh Ramoowalia) that if the Indian army attacked the Harmandir Sahib they would have to walk over their dead bodies. They both meekly surrendered. After being released in 1985 when the whole Panth was united against the government, he went about making militant statements and yet all the time he was negotiating with Rajiv Gandhi. He signed the Punjab accord with Rajiv Gandhi without taking any of the other Sikh leaders into confidence especially the militants. By doing this he achieved what Rajiv Gandhi wanted which was to divide the Sikhs again into moderates and militants just as they had been prior to operation Bluestar. The most odious image of 1985 was the one with Rajiv Gandhi giving a Ladoo to Longowal to celebrate the signing of the accord. Rajiv Gandhi the same dog who had only 6 months before stage managed the murder of tens of thousands of Sikh in Delhi and northern India. Now tell me what reasons you have to think that he wasn't a gaddar.

What Sant longowal did in the last months of his life were unfortunate but you cant judge a guy or his legacy for one moment of foolishness. In the past we have had some Sant's who made various statements before the Indian government in agitations who failed in their bids to gain any concessions from the central government. We had sant fateh singh in 1960s who died fasting I think? without achieving much....before that we had master tara singh who tried to fast yet stopped due to ill health and didnt get anything. Longowol did achieve concessions from Indira gandhi and did his bit for the Sikh kaum but also fell into the trap of congress scum and ultimately paid for it with his life for alienating militant Sikhs.

shaheed Sant Longowal vision of the aspirations of Sikhs in India: “Let me make it clear once and for all that the Sikhs have no designs to get away from India in any manner. What they want simply is that they should be allowed to live in India as Sikhs, free from all direct and indirect interference and tampering with their religious way of life. Undoubtedly the Sikhs have the same nationality as other Indians.” 11/10/82

Pretty much what shaheed sant bhindranwale wanted if you listen to his speech on youtube he did not want a Khalistan as many congressi scumbags or hindu hindustani zealots try and make out. Sant Longowal and Sant bhindranwale both tried their best in the interests of the Sikh community they only differed in tactics. Sant Bhindranwale was more military minded and willing to exercise the use of Guru given rights to bare arms and use them in defense of the faith and the kaum.

bhindrawa;e said that once harmander shaib got attacked the foundation of khalistan would be laid . now we need khalistan , bhindrawale said it and longowal is a VERY F face he got harmander sahib attacked he was in on the plan so what if he did some good he probably did it for publicity he wasnt a true sikh he was a fake just in it for his own greed . u no after he died all of his underarms and private areas were shaved . sant . r u ok y wud u call him sant . he attacked harmander sahib n was responsible for killing so many sikhs . sant . he was indira gandhis dog . n u call him a shaheed r u F'd he was a he shaheed . ye he was a shaheed for the other side not 4 khalsa side . longowal was a traitor and was just using sikhs for his own purposes .

KHALISTAN ZINDABAD

KHALISTAN ZINDABAD

KHALISTAN ZINDABAD

shaheed Sant Longowal vision of the aspirations of Sikhs in India: “Let me make it clear once and for all that the Sikhs have no designs to get away from India in any manner. What they want simply is that they should be allowed to live in India as Sikhs, free from all direct and indirect interference and tampering with their religious way of life. Undoubtedly the Sikhs have the same nationality as other Indians.” 11/10/82

How can someone who claimed to a Sikh leader have the same view in 1985 that he had in 1982? It as if 1984 had never happened. I was reading a book by Surjit Singh Barnala in which wrote about his captivity after Bluestar and how he heard about the elimination of Indira Gandhi. He makes the statement that how could tow Sikhs who had sworn to defend a 'frail' women commit such an act!

You see that Akalis whether it was Longowal, Barnala or Badal find operation Bluestar an inconvenience. They wish the Sikhs would forget it and let them get on with the business of ruling Punjab.

How can someone who claimed to a Sikh leader have the same view in 1985 that he had in 1982? It as if 1984 had never happened. I was reading a book by Surjit Singh Barnala in which wrote about his captivity after Bluestar and how he heard about the elimination of Indira Gandhi. He makes the statement that how could tow Sikhs who had sworn to defend a 'frail' women commit such an act!

You see that Akalis whether it was Longowal, Barnala or Badal find operation Bluestar an inconvenience. They wish the Sikhs would forget it and let them get on with the business of ruling Punjab.

I believe Longowal was a calm person, a man of reason and a man of compassion. During the aftermath of the 1984 genocide in New Delhi he went to visit the families and offered them relief. No other Sikh leader did to my knowledge. He tried his best to limit the damage done to the kaum by the Congressi terrorist government and their supporters. To the military minded Sikhs he seemed like a sell out for not waging war on the Indian state, they were misguided in their anger, hurt and other grievances and due to this Sant Longowal paid for it with his life. We should always remember the good a Sikh has done for his community along with any bad so that we get a balanced view of the person and their legacy.

Take Badal for example as much as we may dislike him he is putting some things down as his legacy such as creating monuments and museums to educate people about Sikh history. There is good and bad in all our leaders but when you balance it all up some come out looking bad and rightly so vilified especially if they undertook active support for killing and harming the Sikh community.