Guru Gobind Singh Ji - A True Guru

This is a story I found very very inspiring. I tried to translate it but since my English is poor I apologize for any confusing parts.

This is a story of a true gursikh during the time of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He was very poor but from inside he was very rich. Ever since he took Amrit, he started doing naam simran 24/7. He was very humble, kind and always helped people. His food was seva and simran. He lived quite far from Anandpur Sahib and due to his poorness he was unable to visit Guru Ji but he would always do ardaas to have darshan. His father had passed away when he was a kid. His mother was getting very old. His mother’s last wish was to see her only son get married and have children. So his mother finds a nice girl and they get married. But our Gursikh brother knew nothing about her. Soon after the wedding he finds out that she did not know much about Gursikhi. So he starts teaching her. Three years pass by and they have no children but Gursikh was in chardee kala and wanted nothing. His wife, however, was more into worldly things and wanted to have children. She never had darshan of Guru Ji and never knew how powerful Guru Ji is. She would always say to her husband “If your Guru Ji is the true Guru then why doesn’t he give us a child?” But Gursikh never paid attention and busied himself in Naam Simran.

His wife was a good friend of this woman who believed in living guru and convinces gursikh’s wife to go to him to get his blessing to have a child. The wife was willing to do anything to have a child so she decides to go to this living guru. She starts spending less time in Gurbani and more time at this “guru’s” dera. This went on for a while behind gursikh’s back.

One day she came home and Gursikh was doing ardaas, seeing this she says “has your guru given you anything? You been praying for so long and we have not even been blessed with a child.” Gursikh had never asked for anything before but this time he decides to do ardaas and says “Paathshah Ji, please forgive her for her rude words. Please bless us with children. I cannot hear anything against you.” Gursikh did ardaas and of course after a year they had twins. Gursikh thanks Guru Ji but his wife said that they got children because of her living guru. Few more years passed and now twins were about three years old. Not a day passed by when she did not mention her living guru. Gursikh never got angry and decides to take his family to Anandpur Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Ji. On the way Gursikh kept reciting bani. They came near a river which they had to cross. The wife looked at the river and said, “what’s the point of going? The Guru never gave us anything.” Gursikh said, “he gave us these two sons.” The wife said that she was blessed by this human guru. Gursikh says, “If my Guru did not give me these sons then I do not want them.” He picks them up and asks his wife, “did Guru Gobind Singh Ji give these two sons?” She replied, “no.” Gursikh asked again and she again said no. Then Gursikh throws both sons in the river and his wife starts screaming and crying. Gursikh and his wife cross the river. She kept crying all the way and kept saying, “I will see your so called Guru and tell him how crazy you are who threw his two lovely sons in the river.”

Gursikh was calm and no worries no his face. He kept reciting bani and they reached Anandpur Sahib. Entering the city, they start hearing sounds of Kirtan. Gursikhs in full bana all around them. Sound of Kirtan had made his wife stop crying. Now she was calm and peaceful enjoying Kirtan. Seeing these people (Gursikhs) the first time who were from 6-7 feet red shining faces riding horses, practicing Gatka, reading bani just left her mouth open. She was amazed. It was like

she was in a different country. Although she stopped crying and was eager to see Guru Ji but she was still in so much pain because she had lost two sons. They start walking toward the diwan. They enter diwan. Sangat was sitting calmly, eyes closed, enjoying Kirtan. No one was making any sound. Gursikhs were doing Kirtan. Next to them was sitting someone with such a radiant face. Mala in one hand makes him look like a true Saint, his sword makes him look like a true warrior, his kalgi on Dastaar makes him look like a true kind. Of course, who else would He be other than my Shahan Shah Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji. She could not look directly into Guru Ji’s eyes. Guru Ji wrapped a big shawl around him. As she walked toward guru ji she felt more and more peaceful. She forgot about everything else. As soon as she touched Guru Ji’s feet she lost herself. It was like she felt nothing and no one around her just Kirtan and Kirtan. She was unconscious. Gursikh also bowed to Guru Ji. Guru Ji put his hand on her head and woke her up. Guru Ji says, “my daughter, wake up.” Now she came into her senses and starts crying. Guru Ji asks, “why are you crying?” she says, “my husband threw my sons in the river.” Guru Ji says, “do you recognize them?” She says “yes.” Then Guru Ji opens his bukkal of shawl and there were her two sons sitting in Guru Ji’s lap. Seeing this she is very excited. Guru Ji says, “my daughter you lost your faith but your husband did not. You were blessed with two children because your husband did ardaas and house of Guru Nanak blessed you. “Guru Nanak Tutha Keenee Daat.” Now go tell every woman in Sangat about your story and only to do ardaas to Akal Purakh only.”

She went to every woman in the Sangat crying with happiness, hugged all her sisters, tears coming down with joy to see her two sons, telling everyone “O my sister, house of Guru Nanak is the true house. Guru Nanak is the only true giver. Don’t ever go blind like me and lose your faith by following anyone else. Dhan Guru Kalgiyan Wala. Guru Gur

u Guru..” She kept praising to the Guru Ji, came back and held her sons, hugged them, kissed them and loved them very much. She became true Sikh of Guru Ji. After staying at Anandpur Sahib and receiving blessings of Guru Ji and the Sangat happy couple went back to their house. Bolo Waheguru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh