To Anyone Who Can See Shaheed Singhs

Guest Nimarta

Guest Nimarta

I heard from a reputable source that shaheed singhs/singhnian/bhujangi/bhujangna (from here on i will refer to them as singhs) are part of the gupt duniya and are responsible for making the world run...also that they are like guardian angels and everyone has one keeping an eye on them.....(the purpose of this post was not to start a debate on this...so if u don't believe in this...perhaps for now u can pretend to)

Well can someone who has the high enough avastha to talk/see them...tell the Shaheed Singh that has the horrible/unfortunate task to keep on eye on me......that i would really appreciate it if the shaheed singh could take a more active role in my life....u know like be my fail proof alarm clock for amrit vela.....and my aggressive consciousness etc. and help me not be lazy and u know lead me to some sangat..

mani hate my life.

Guest naamjaponaamelivlavo

Sikhi isn't about getting other people to do things for you..It's about doing it yourself!

Satguru jee neh tuhanu jabaan ditti aah. Naam jappoh, Gurbani parho tan Waheguru di kirpa hovegi.

Jio jio tera hukam tivae tio hovanaa.

Life is often lonely and difficult without Sangat, but keep bharosa and just do your best. Satguru is with you and They only ever do that which is in your best interests.

No, every Sikh does not have a Shaheed Singh around them. Normally the shaheed singh that a person knew in a previous life is normally around them protecting them, or giving them advice while they jap naam and fall into Tandra (spiritual sleep). Shaheed Singhs normally only give advice and protect those who DO INTENSE NAAM ABHIYAAS, GUN GAYEE ABHIYAAS and follow all of Guru Sahib's rehita strictly. Some times Gurmukhs from Saachkhand visit that Gursikh too, so it does not mean only Shaheed Singhs are around them. Guru Gobind Singh Jee is always with that Gursikh who practices all of Guru Sahib's rehita strictly and also those who have reached a high avasta such as param padh/jyot Bigaas.

We cannot rely on Shaheed Singhs to do things for us. We have to make effort ourselves. If you want Sangat, good Sangat is that person who follows all of Guru Sahib's rehits - there is a jatha living in Canada named Tapoban Jatha or Gurmat Bibek Jatha, or Individuals from the Jathay Damdami Taksaal or Akhand Kirtani Jatha who practice intense Naam Abhiyaas and Gun Gayee Abhiyaas from England.

In order to make yourself become stronger to have a strict daily Amritvela routine without missing it you can do whole night, from 9/10pm - 5/6am naam abhiyaas, which will get you used to being awake during the night time. This is the effort you will have to make if you really want a strict amritvela routine where you never miss it. It needs to become the norm like brushing your teeth;

Guest tuhintuhin

waheguru ji................................this piece of advisory I heard from Bhai Guriqbal Singh ji Mata Kaulan wale's keertan......once he went to some Gurdwara and there was a girl who was the care-taker of the Gurdwara.........the comversation started about amritwela ..... the singhni said...she never had any alarm clock or any person making her awake........she said why should I ask or seek anybody's help when my father is there.....before going to sleep..I pray to Guru sahib to wake me up at what ever time she wants to wake up and with Guru's kirpa she will wake up exactly at the same time she prayed for......

even I had tried this...it works 100%, but you have to pray with full consiouness.......

for singh shaheeds, I'll say they are present in this world......like "kaal" ji said...they are not here to do our stuff, but they follow Guru sahib's hukum....whatever task Guru sahib ask them to do, they do that......even mahapurkh, saints or roohani aatmawaa visit, advise the sikhs on Guru sahibs wish......

if you hear Sant Harnam Singh Rampurkhera's interview (jivan gatha) at following link you'll have better idea os singh shaheeds.....

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/listing.php?q=f&f=%2F04-Katha%2F03-Sant+Harnam+Singh+Ji+%28Rampur+Khera%29

or you must read or hear his audio-book "Se Kinehya".....so much to learn for a Gursikh.........

waheguru ji bhala karan.....

God helps those who help themselves. To rely on Shaheed Singhs at every turn in life means you will never take responsibility for your own actions, as a person will always attribute anything negative that happens to them because their Shaheed Singh deserted them at the vital moment, when in-fact Shaheed Singh Sahib could not interfere in something that was destined to happen in your karams in order to allow you to grow as a person.

Live practically and respect Shaheed Singhs but don't trivialise them as some kind of genie that appears when you click your fingers.

Again, this isn't a specific reply to the OP so don't think I'm being harsh on you. To the OP, you just have to dust yourself off and have faith in God but really attempt to be active in trying to change your circumstances.

Guest Nimarta

thanks y'all i needed that...slap back to reality......it just i'm so tired of failure..

Kaal: i don't live in the UK or Canada, so is there any good sangat in the US?

i really want a amrit vela routine and i have tried staying awake all night, but i never last beyond 2:00, i fall asleep

and if i do wake up at amrit vela, i keep falling asleep during nitnem/abhiyaas then next day can't wake up. any help appreciated.

Guest Nimarta

thanks y'all i needed that...slap back to reality......it just i'm so tired of failure..

Kaal: i don't live in the UK or Canada, so is there any good sangat in the US?

i really want a amrit vela routine and i have tried staying awake all night, but i never last beyond 2:00, i fall asleep

and if i do wake up at amrit vela, i keep falling asleep during nitnem/abhiyaas then next day can't wake up. any help appreciated.

Nimarta Jee,

I do not know anyone from the US. I only know good sangat from UK and Canada. The only jatha I know that holds ransbayeaa in the US is Akhand Kirtani Jatha, so when they do you can go there and stay in the Sangat throughout the whole night. You should be able to spot a Singh/Singhni sitting throughout the whole ransbaee without moving, keeping their back straight. That Gursikh is at the ransbaee to get the most phaal (fruit) from it, so he/she is a strict naam abhiyaasee. Their sangat will be good to keep. Remember that going to ransbaees in general; singing and doing naam abhiyaas is very fruitful.

Here is the link for all the ransabaees held all over the world, including US: http://www.akj.org/skins/one/

Regarding Amritvela -

Firstly, it is good you are trying very hard to keep a strict amritvela as you are taking life seriously and respecting/loving Guru Sahib. Only that Sikh who tries hard to be a Sikh of the Guru and controls their mat from evil intentions is a praiseworthy Sikh. So, continue trying hard -

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

Secondly, Amritvela begins in the last quarter of the night, which is from 2am to 6am.

Thirdly, you can try and do this:

• In the evening time do bania such as sing a few Astpaadia of Sukhmani Sahib, sing Sehaj Paath of Akal Ustat and sing the bani by Bhai Nand Lal Jee in praise of Guru Gobind Singh Jee – Naasaro Mansoor Gur Gobind Singh.
  • Then jap naam until 9pm
  • End it with an ardas asking Guru Sahib to bless you to wake up for amritvela and for every other amritvela as well without ever missing it.
  • At 9pm do your Sohila, set your alarm for 1/2am and sleep. When you set your alarm clock try having it away from your bed so that you have to get up to shut it. When lying in bed, do not let thoughts come into your mind, only NAAM, so either jap naam in your mind or with your breath.
  • Remember to have your Ishnaan when you wake up at 1/2am. Do the evening routine everyday, since Gurbani stresses on evening abhiyaas of naam/bani as well, not just amritvela.

Lastly, if you want to try staying awake all night again. You can do your normal activities until 12am and then do a few Astpadeeaa of Sukhmani Sahib and then jap naam until 2am. At 2am have an Ishnaan and then either do you panj bania after your Ishnaan or at 5. Either way, make sure you go back and forth with Sukhmani Sahib and Naam Abhiyaas until 5/6. Do not just do continuous Naam Abhiyaas until 5/6am, mix it up with Sukhmani Sahib.

Gurbani also states to jap naam with every breath and mind (Athay Pehar Naam Abhiyaas). So, practice Naam with your tongue and mind during the day and night.

Hope this helps.