Punjab Drugs

hgsingh

Indira started it ... as a convenient little way to mentally kill off Sikh youth ... without them showing up on Justice Khalra type lists. However, i'm afraid that the Badals are complicit in it continuing to expand. We as Sikhs have the power to stamp it out if we are united in our resolve to tackle the issue. By keeping the youth spaced out the Badals and Amrinder Singh types + their cronies can rob + plunder Punjab's resources without much protest and I daresay take a cut from all the drug dealers (so-called chemists) pushing for them in broad daylight on high streets (as opposed to council estates). Let's not forget the profit that Pakistan's ISI earns out of supplying the drugs across the Indian-Pakistan border in the first place.

There are a lot of players profiting from the drugs menace in Punjab.

The victims as always are Sikhs.

Some root causes of the problem are this wretched Punjabiyat culture that we need to de-link from asap and the fact that if a person has no knowledge of Sikhi and the blessings we have of just having 2 eyes, 2 arms, 2 hands and 2 feet ... these weak-minded nominally "born Sikhs" get depressed when they can't get a job ... due to Indira/Khalistan/Badal's triple teaming to setback industry in Punjab whereas other states like Gujarat power forward.

Additionally the 33% SC population in Punjab that for long have been discriminated against by other Sikhs, landowner's (false) notions of pride in a fast evolving global economy and the huge migrant influx that work for peanuts (but are not welcomed into the Sikh Panth) all combine to give a potent mix of addicts.

In a nutshell, only Sikhi can provide the solution and only Sikhs that care can do it. An honest Punjab Police would help.

Well for industry in punjab the problem is lack of educated sikh youth cause parants to enforce education like parants in other states cause they assume they'll move to the west or cause they have this much land

A lot of young people in punjab are spoiled with the favor the boy

If theirs a demand for drugs their will be supply so goal needs to be take out the demand by getting youth on the right pathway

90percent of the problems in punjab I blame punjabis

They vote in corrupt politican

Their egos is what keeps them divided and greed is what causes them to push eachother down to get ahead

Well for industry in punjab the problem is lack of educated sikh youth cause parants to enforce education like parants in other states cause they assume they'll move to the west or cause they have this much land

>>True Paji we need massive emphasis on education in our community. Whilst I salute the enterprise of young Sikhs to emigrate abroad, it does sadden me that young munde not motivated to work hard as their parents and ancestors did, end up the easy shikaar of drug peddlars.

A lot of young people in punjab are spoiled with the favor the boy

>>True, female infanticide in our community, is utterly unacceptable given what Sikhi teaches and how girls are denied education to a greater degree than munde (despite their often greater achievement at higher levels like University due to them being more dedicated, more shareef and more insulated from drugs+sharaab ... though not immune I may add)

If theirs a demand for drugs their will be supply so goal needs to be take out the demand by getting youth on the right pathway

>>Exactly, the people on this forum would not touch drugs or sharaab because most are mentally strong ... so if our brethren in Punjab could be encouraged to gain that strength + discipline that Sikhi blesses us with the demand would certainly begin to lessen.

90percent of the problems in punjab I blame punjabis

>>Currently in 2012, yes I'm inclined to agree with you somewhat (even though it was our enemies who started us on this suicidal path of self-destruction and we stupidly fall for it)

They vote in corrupt politican

>>Exactly the PPP seemed to be cleaner than others but got zero MLA's (despite that the fact that Punjab as a state is quite indebted)

Their egos is what keeps them divided and greed is what causes them to push eachother down to get ahead

>>United Gurdwaray and killing the caste-apartheid mentality within our community would help us forge better solutions to tackle all the problems we face. Paji, are you in India yourself (or abroad like me)? As if you are there, you obviously know exactly what needs to be done to combat these issues on a practical level and could perhaps suggest some organisations there that are making a positive impact in that respect? I know Khalsa Aid are trying.