Sikh Art: Discuss Classic Sikh Art, Post Custom-Made Pieces And General Discussion

I wasn't sure where I shoud start this thread but because I was hoping we might get a bit 'cerebral' with our discussions, so I thought this section of the forum would be most suitable.

I considered it'd be a good idea to start a thread where people can post Sikh-related artwork they've produced, be it 'serious' artwork, sketches, informative posters, etc., or even discuss existing artwork from accomplished Sikh artists.

I'll start the ball rolling with something I produced a few days ago. I'm sure we've seen the old British WWII propaganda 'Keep Calm and Carry On' posters which have assumed a meme-like popularity on the internet. There's an example below of the original:

keepcalm_original.jpg

I thought I'd create a spoof-like but decidedly sincere version for Sikhs, taking into account the newly discovered fact that the colour 'khatta' is integral to our history. Here's mine:

KeepCalmWaheguru.png

So there you have it. Remember, the central focus of this thread is so you can post any of your own work, be it pencil sketches, watercolours, digital art, etc. It doesn't have to be Di Vinci-like in quality. I'm trying to improve my drawing skills but I'm nowhere near ready to unleash my awfulness on this thread yet!

Guest RavindaSingh

@ Ravinda Singh - I'm already jealous! I like how you've begun to colour the image - looks very realistic. Hope you finish it soon.

Thanks bro i will when i get time from studies :blush2:

Guest RavindaSingh

Im gonna bump this thread it has potential for artistic flare in the sangat :D

Something i did today with the aid of tutorials

Cmon guys put your workup :D

post-27294-0-21098400-1336163975_thumb.j

^^^ - If we all looked like that, we'd rule the streets! :biggrin2: Wow, you're good. The fact that you do your stuff on a computer is great. Do you use a mouse or a Wacom tablet?

I have a query. Does anybody know the correct colour value of the "Sikh blue"? I'm sure you know which colour mean. For some reason I keep arriving at a purplish-blue and that simply isn't accurate.

Guest RavindaSingh

^^^ - If we all looked like that, we'd rule the streets! :biggrin2: Wow, you're good. The fact that you do your stuff on a computer is great. Do you use a mouse or a Wacom tablet?

I have a query. Does anybody know the correct colour value of the "Sikh blue"? I'm sure you know which colour mean. For some reason I keep arriving at a purplish-blue and that simply isn't accurate.

lool indeed we would bhajee :) i use a wacom bamboo tablet its much different from pencil and paper but you can get better results i suppose :) what do you mean bhajee it is like a purplish blue isnt it ?