Iraq And Afghanistan Eyewitness Accounts Of Occupation

Singh559

One of the most sinister aspects of this war on terror is how complicit the American media and press is in towing the U.S. administrations line (whether it was Bush's or Obama's government) in ensuring the coverage of these wars remains overall positive, which ties into the narrative that the U.S. is doing good over there.

Looking back on the role of the American press back when the Watergate scandal broke, and even to an extent the Vietnam failure, this current lot aren't fit to lace the boots of the genuine, socially-conscious journalists from those past eras.

One of the most sinister aspects of this war on terror is how complicit the American media in towing the 1

Yep, it's frightening and right in your face and they want us to think we can't do anything about it.

Once we conquer racism and learn to accept and understand each other, we can unite and achieve great things. The media uses fear, hate and racism (similarly to the military) to separate people from each and other from uniting.

I think what Americans forget is the saying : United We Stand, Divided We fall.

Once we stand united, there's nothing that can prevent us from making the world a better place for everyone. (this rings true everywhere, not just the USA)

Yep, it's frightening and right in your face and they want us to think we can't do anything about it.

Once we conquer racism and learn to accept and understand each other, we can unite and achieve great things. The media uses fear, hate and racism (similarly to the military) to separate people from each and other from uniting.

I think what Americans forget is the saying : United We Stand, Divided We fall.

Once we stand united, there's nothing that can prevent us from making the world a better place for everyone. (this rings true everywhere, not just the USA)

I remember watching an interview (on YouTube) by an American writer called Joseph Campbell, in which he discussed everything from writing to the history of the United States. Basically these interviews occured back in the 70s (I think) and they were shown on national TV in the States, and the viewing figures were off the scale. This guy spoke some home truths and even to this day these interviews are considered pure class. I'll try and dig up a transcript of the interview.

EDIT: Here's a video. I'll dig up the transcript. I think I have it saved on a DVD somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlTSVYADsd4

Oh, watch it from 3:20 where he talks (briefly) about modern American failings (well, human failing not just Americans, lol) when it comes to not understanding true religion.