world war 1 accounts

DhadiMania

wjkk wjkf

das has been told to write a play for his drama coursework. can anyone tell me some sikh war accounts during world war 1 (letters, witness accounts etc)

sangato, i need your help. you are more learned than i am.

i have been given drama coursework. we had studied the theme of anti war. mainly gora plays like killed, journeys end, oh what a lovly war (which had some indians in the war, but wasnt a very good representation of it).

anyway, i have decided to find out about a battle, sikhs took part in in world war 1. my aim is to create a play, no longer than 10-15 minutes, on the theme of anti war.

i need letters, witness accounts, other things about what sikhs were like in world war 1.

i am thinking, at the beggining, a subedar (rajputan singh), writing a letter to home about whats going on around him, and the inevitable turkish attack on the gallopoli trenches that the allies had. i want the viewpoint from the sikhs.

sangato, to make this play, known as "the valour", i need letters, documents, eye witness accounts written by sikhs during any attack they saw, can anyone provide me with any. all this will be counted into my coursework.

bhol chukke muaff

das.

bhol chukke muaff

das

wjkk wjkf

the onlypublished accounts that I know of from the great war by sikhs are in David Omissi (Indian Voices of the Great War: Soldiers' Letters, 1914-18 ) - these are principally letters home from sepoys back to their villages.

there is little else that I can think of - there are a few military biographies (and autobiogrpahies (Jackie Smythe fro exampl) but these are friom a european perspective

aman

if ur theme is anti-war y do u want to make a play about sikhs in the war
hmm, good point, but id rather talk about other people who fought in the war (other races), rather than just goras. it werent just goras who fought, and everyone had the same feeling for war as well, that it was all horrible (journeys end and killed talk about that), going there, knowing you'll be killed etc, and plus most didnt know why they were fighting anyway, just for crown and country. but thanks for your post ji.
the onlypublished accounts that I know of from the great war by sikhs are in David Omissi (Indian Voices of the Great War: Soldiers' Letters, 1914-18 ) - these are principally letters home from sepoys back to their villages

where can i find this book?

das