Baba Ramdev Supports Operation Bluestar Memorial

Azaad

Bro, if you think the Akalis were in it to fight for Sikh rights, then you must research the origins of the DYM.

What did you expect from SS/badal alliance within such a short space of time?

On the positive, SS has 30 seats in the SGPC, so there are at least 30 areas in Panjab where parchaar of Sikhi will be bolstered. badal has over-ridden sgpc chief in favour of Baba Harnam Singh to get a memorial built.

Give Sant Samaj some time. I am sure that we will see results in favour of the Panth.

I didn't expect them to appoint a mass murderer of Sikhs as the head of police. I didn't expect them to kill Shaheed Jaspal Singh, promise to punish the guilty and then go back on their word. Even Jaspal Singh's family is now openly saying how the government has gone back on their word and is even giving them threats to drop the case.

Badal has been in power for 10 of the last 15 years, is that not enough time to do something ? How about the growing alcohol/drug problem in Punjab. Can't the government do anything ? Really ? How did the Gujarat state manage to ban alcohol, then ?

The 1984 memorial has nothing to do with Badal, it was the pressure of the Sikh kaum. The only thing he likes about it is that he can use it against Congress as a political pawn. Even now he is saying there won't be pictures there, just a Gurdwara. Because, he doesn't want people to remember.

Our problem is that we are trusting the same traitors and making the same mistakes again and again.

Our problem is that we are trusting the same traitors and making the same mistakes again and again.

While I don't disagree with your point of trusting the same traitors, the question is whether there is a credible, appealing, Sikhi-based political alternative to SA-Badal, SA-Mann, SAPP-Bittu, and the answer is none. My opinion is Panjabi Sikhs look at the situation and think well which party will do less damage to Sikhism out of BJP, Congress and SA-Badal (note that Panjabi Sikhs wont even consider Khalistani parties) they go with Badal. There needs to be a proper opposition party with a good agenda and in-depth policies related to prosperity of Sikh religion alongside development of Panjab for the situation to change

I didn't expect them to appoint a mass murderer of Sikhs as the head of police. I didn't expect them to kill Shaheed Jaspal Singh, promise to punish the guilty and then go back on their word. Even Jaspal Singh's family is now openly saying how the government has gone back on their word and is even giving them threats to drop the case.

Badal has been in power for 10 of the last 15 years, is that not enough time to do something ? How about the growing alcohol/drug problem in Punjab. Can't the government do anything ? Really ? How did the Gujarat state manage to ban alcohol, then ?

The 1984 memorial has nothing to do with Badal, it was the pressure of the Sikh kaum. The only thing he likes about it is that he can use it against Congress as a political pawn. Even now he is saying there won't be pictures there, just a Gurdwara. Because, he doesn't want people to remember.

it wasnt SS who appointed saini, it was badal, and SS made their feelings known about this, also it was pressure from the SS that stopped another mass murderer becoming a mp (alam).

You are right about this, and also Jaspal Singhs case, the govt is out of order(nothing new) but having SS there on the byline is going to be a positive step for the welfare of the Panth.

Badal doesnt care about alcohol/murder by police/drugs etc, all he cares about is votes and power. Leave it to him alone, and the day wont be far, when the ravan sena start false encounters again.

And rememeber SS aligned with Badal to get a foothold and say in the activities of SGPC. Not to run the state govt with him. You cant hold SS guilty for every crime of Badal.

While I don't disagree with your point of trusting the same traitors, the question is whether there is a credible, appealing, Sikhi-based political alternative to SA-Badal, SA-Mann, SAPP-Bittu, and the answer is none. My opinion is Panjabi Sikhs look at the situation and think well which party will do less damage to Sikhism out of BJP, Congress and SA-Badal (note that Panjabi Sikhs wont even consider Khalistani parties) they go with Badal. There needs to be a proper opposition party with a good agenda and in-depth policies related to prosperity of Sikh religion alongside development of Panjab for the situation to change

Yes, absolutely. There needs to be an alternative. It could be done by Mann, Bittu, Sant Samaj, Taksal all getting together and creating this party. Then they will have more leverage against Badal.

it wasnt SS who appointed saini, it was badal, and SS made their feelings known about this, also it was pressure from the SS that stopped another mass murderer becoming a mp (alam).

You are right about this, and also Jaspal Singhs case, the govt is out of order(nothing new) but having SS there on the byline is going to be a positive step for the welfare of the Panth.

Badal doesnt care about alcohol/murder by police/drugs etc, all he cares about is votes and power. Leave it to him alone, and the day wont be far, when the ravan sena start false encounters again.

And rememeber SS aligned with Badal to get a foothold and say in the activities of SGPC. Not to run the state govt with him. You cant hold SS guilty for every crime of Badal.

Alam may have been stopped but then his wife stood which is in effect the same thing. Is this what we call a victory ? Sant samaj and all other panthic minded jathebandees need to get together and create an alternative party. The fact that Badal even had the nerve to appoint Alam and Saini shows how much respect he has for sant samaj.

Actions speak louder than words and in 5 years the situation in Punjab will be the same and we will be crying about the same problems. Nothing will change.

Yes, absolutely. There needs to be an alternative. It could be done by Mann, Bittu, Sant Samaj, Taksal all getting together and creating this party. Then they will have more leverage against Badal.

I think Mann is past his time, same with Bittu. Panjabi Sikhs should hang there heads in the shame that they gave so little support (relative to Badal) especially as Mann and Bittu have experienced police torture and harassment first hand. I don't see how Sant Samaj has gained credibility, what is history behind this organization? Its funny as individually its members are some of the best Sikhs around put collectively it seems to bring negative results. Damdami Taksal, f knows how that organization has ended up leadership wise as it has

OK, if you are saying you have bhavikya-gyan.

Not bhavikya-gyan, but based on what has happened in the past with Badal it is easy to see that he has no desire to fight for Sikhs. His intentions are clear - to keep power for his family and, if need be, continously stab Sikhs in the back. Trusting him is like trusting a snake.

Chatanga Jee, I feel it would have been better if Sant Samaj had contested the SGPC elections independently. Now their reputation has been greatly tarnished by joining hands with badal. The badal sarkar is thinking on making Saini as the dgp of punjabi police. Alams wife was given MLA ticket during the elections. At first they tried to trick people by changing her name so she would not be found out, but people soon realized it was Alam's wife. No way on earth would Sant jee have approved of such an alliance between Sants and badal(who collaborates with the killers of the Sikhs)