Paranoia

Guest kin

@Kin, no u are not alone, and plz dont ever think u are. Others have the similar problems to you, so u dont need to worry that something is only wrong with u. And plz dont feel isolated. It will get better, I used to be very very paranoid, as didnt go out much. But then i thought Waheguru is with me, as nobody was there when i needed them, or when i need somebody now. You have to put all ur trust in Waheguru, and not think they dont care. They do care, you have to search for them, then u will know they are with u, you will feel it. Imagine they are there, when u listen to kirtan.

Another thing that helps is simran, listen to simran or shabad. Learn to do breathing exercise, controlling your breath and the pace of it helps lots. Private message me if you want, and i will send u the breathing exercises, as i cannot find them now... when we are in control of our mind and get that stable then nothing can get to us.

Nothing can make us paranoid or anxious.

Also if u can try to see a hynotherapist, they are good, i saw one once when i had panic attacks, and it worked wonders. make the most of ur doctors, dont worry about them thinking you are mad or something, just explain to them you have some anxiety, and get paranoid,they can offer lots of services to help you, and refer you to help you.

Dont take any tablets unless u really need them. First try to do the natural way, training the mind.

Its all new to the brain, so it needs time to get used to change.

Also do Chaupai Sahib ji da paat, this is very good, and only takes about over 4mins. But dont just listen to it, read what is being said and understand it, let the mann take it in. once u start relaxing you will be okay...

dont worry about nothing just be happy, and Waheguru loves you, always remember that.

Kinji, whilst I'm fully supportive of anyone practicing their faith with greater ferver, I would be derelict in my duties if I didn't ask you to consider seeking help with this if you don't feel better (a trained professional). Paranoia is very common but a taboo subject. The most common cause is supressed thoughts and emotions and also chemical/hormonal imbalance including stress. So the easiest thing to do is try and do some deep breathing exercises as Simranji has suggested above and reduce your stress levels. Talking openly with someone (trusted friend) or if your able to, even talking to yourself playing devil's advocate of sorts can help you find the root of your issue. If all fails, please see a trained professional- paranoia is very common and nobody need live with it- it's not too hard to sort out. Good luck!

i do try do to brathing excercises but then i always give up... it just seems to overpower me honeslty.... i am too scared to even do anything as my mind stops me from doind it... these have been the worst years of my life, growing up :(

Please please do seek some professional advice regarding this. There are some techniques which may help you through this difficult situation, best prescribed by someone who has had a chance to speak to you directly. Do you have a counsellor that you could speak to at your school or elsewhere?

Have a look at Mood Gym, its a self therapy online programme, register and it will show you how your thought processes chain into feelings e.g a negative thought, will result in you thinking X which will then result in you feeling Y..

http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

It will show u how to change your thinking and the benefit of positive thoughts :)

hey i will be seeing a counselor soon, its just i am a little concerned of how to express my thoughts, you know because they have been going on for a long time it gets difficult... and to learningkaur i tried moodgym it really did not work for me but i appreciate the thought.

Coming at this from neuroscience point of view assuming there isn't any.underlying psychological issue, I.would direct you to a book called the chimp paradox.

Basically it details how your brain works. Feelings of paranoia is actually normal, it along with things like anger originate from older parts of the brain, i.e. the bit of the brain that tells you to.jump out of the way of a bus if you see one coming towards you, as opposed to your logical brain elements that would analyse the bus and take time to assess if there was a danger.

The tough bit for your logical brain is that things like anger, lust and to a certain extent paranoia are 5 times stronger.in terms of grabbing your attention than the logical reasoning of your brain. things like paranoia, anger etc will always exist in your head, but over time with practice you can manage these things and see them for what they are....just creations of the mind.

Personally when I have such thoughts firstly I become aware that I am having the thoughts, reassure myself that the thought is only temporary, it will pass like most thoughts. I just watch it and let it pass. If it lingers then I just have fun with the thought (i.e. Take a thought all the way to Armageddon or something similar, then the initial thought looks illogical). Don't beat yourself up over what your mind creates, it's just temporary and not part of the real you.

If you have faith, then nothing can hurt you.

hey i will be seeing a counselor soon, its just i am a little concerned of how to express my thoughts, you know because they have been going on for a long time it gets difficult... and to learningkaur i tried moodgym it really did not work for me but i appreciate the thought.

Kin ji, glad to know, you will benefit. Don't worry, it may be difficult to share at first and not know where to start, but once you start form any angle, you will gain confidence in your counsellor. Wish you the best :-)