Post-Wisconsin Experiences; Share Them

Beginner

WJK WJF

Any one have any heartwarming interactions after the shooting? Here's some from Facebook and other posts on this site:

Punjab da Sher: "Guru Roop Pyare Sadh Sangat Jio, WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

I wanted to share an apology that was given to me from an American this morning at London Liverpool Street Station.

As I came out of the station I heard someone call "Excuse Me Sir", initially I thought I may have dropped something, but then when I heard the accent I realised what this could potentially be.

He started off by apologising for the approach out of the blue - He obviously recognised me as a Sikh - My Guru Ji'sblessed Sikhi Saroop (My Dastar and Dara Parkash).

"I am very sorry to hear of what happened in my country and I would like to apologise to you (Referring to the shooting at the Gurdwara saab in Winconsin)".

Initially I was taken back and he also looked a bit worried not knowing what my reaction would be.

My Immediate reaction was to Thank him and I put my hand out shaking the gentleman’s hand.

He finished off by saying "Have a Blessed day".

It was a great feeling to have been recognised as a Sikh and then for the apology.

Who says that Sikhs cannot be recognised?

Guru Maharaj gave us this Sikh Saroop for a reason and I experienced that today - Khalsa mero roop hai khaas.

Pull Chuk Maaf Karni.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!"

from a forum, white guy talking: I saw a Sikh on my way to the 39th street station in Long Island City, NY today. I stopped and told him how sorry I was this happened.

_singhni_: just wanted to share something with sangat: even though the shooter was american its amazing to see how some white americans have shared our pain. I personally had a white american approach me at an airport in USA few days after the shooting, who apologised for our loss and said it shouldn't have ever happened. Just goes to show that our pain has/is been felt by other communities to.

Sikh coalition: not one sikh hasn't been stopped and apologized to in oak creek

from a facebook post: I'm in Hawaii, and a couple people have come up to my dad(sardar) and have apologised stating"please don't think all americans are this way".

Mehtab singh: Just got back from a very soul-stirring candle light vigil at our local Gurdwara Sahib near Boston. We had fellow brothers and sisters from the Hindu, Muslim and Christian communities. One Hindu sister started her speech with Hindu prayers I heard after maybe some 15 years or so. Some of our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters broke their Ramadan fast and offered their prayers, the Namaaz in the open area on the Gurdwara premises. One of the Muslim speakers spoke from the Gurdwara stage and said "Today we have become a part of you", followed by a roaring applause by the entire congregation. The candle light vigil was a unified singing session by each and every person who attended. The scene during the community meal was even more spectacular. Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs who had black, white, brown skin color sat next to each other and enjoyed the meal. Yes, this is the real face of America, this is the kind of perfect world taught by the Sikh Gurus. I feel lucky to have been blessed to visualize it for once in this lifetime, even though the very cause that brought us all together for that particular day and that specific moment was a traumatic and painful one. Its just amazes me how a racist hater who had no respect for human life was the reason behind all of us uniting as human beings and vowing to stand by each other in these tough times. I can't recall the names of the blessed souls who spoke, however, I choose to address them only as brother and sister.

Had an American approach me & my wife a few days ago whilst in town. He also said to me that he was sorry for what happened in Wisconsin (he wasn't from that area but was from another area where there is a Sikh population so he is aware of who we are) and said that it was very sad. Had a short chat about the state of the world and how nutters come in all shapes and forms before he left.

Probably not the place to mention it but what slightly amused me afterwards was that he was eating from a McDonald's bag and he was heading to the gym with his gym kit when he approached us.