Translations Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

Sikh Unit Fan

Dear Sangat,

I was wondering if anyone knew which languages the Guru Granth Sahib has been translated into.

As far as I know there are Englih, French, Hindi, Panjabi and Urdu translations. Is this correct? Are there others? Given that there are Sikhs in Singapore, China, Malaysia and Japan why have I never heard of a Japanese or Cantonese translation?

Fateh

So many Sikhs live in Thailand, Malasia, Singhapore yet no translation in Thai, Malay or Chinese. We have Sikhs living in every state of India, we should have translations in all the local languages. So many Sikhs live in Dubai who have knowledge of Arabic, yet we don't have any translations in Arabic either. I don't know any of these languages but I wish I did. If one cannot translate all of SGGS I can understand, but atleast one who has knowledge of anyone of these languages should try to translate some Gurbani maybe starting off with Japji Sahib and then slowly the rest of the Nitnem and posting it on the internet. This is a great way to do Parchar of Gurbani and also seva.