pagh came off

Guest unsure

hi. i'm really embarrassed by this and unsure of what to do. this guy accidentaly took my pagh off. we were playing rugby and he hit my neck, next thing i know my pagh is off. i was shocked and didnt know what to do, my pagh had nver come off. i quicky re did my pagh and the guy ran off. i went to him asking what happened. he said it was an accident, but refused to apolgise. i did drop him, he slipped but a teacher came telling us to stop. the guy walked off. this happened yesterday. i was planning to get an appolgy today but couldnt go to school as i got a cold. so now every one might think im scared and i really don't know what to do.

This is a very serious post.

I think as a Sikh, you should be proud of your pag. He has not apologised yet, but when you go back, just ask him if he meant it, if he says its an accident, then ask him if you are cool or not. hopefully he will say he is cool. If not, then you might need to knock his block off lol

Question yourself, are you like this?

How sad and embarrassing this is, no respect or honour in having your pag/crown removed.

Is your pag this easy to take off? If it is, you should be wearing a dumalla as they are much more tight.

Or do you want to be a sher and be a proud Sikh like this Gurmukh below. Amazing courage and Sikhi saroop of Dasam Pitha.

554485_3671227977911_1191233975_3541411_133972241_n.jpg

Please keep sadsangat update with your issue

Singh or Singhnee.. I'm guessing you are a Singh if you play rugby.. there is nothing to be embarrassed about! Things as such happen and I am sure this has happened to many people right here on this forum.. Stay confident and strong. There is a lot of stubborn, ignorant people in this world and we must learn to rise above that. Even if this guy doesn't apologise then just ignore it, act normal around him. By your normality he will then to begin to question his own actions. When you return to school walk with your head held high then other students will realise that your absence wasn't due to intimidation...

Hope this was of some help...

Stay Chardi Kala Gurmukh Pyareo!.... :happy2:

I agree with sheikhfareed. There are too many papoo singhs walking around that wait for someone to knock their pagh off. The question you should ask yourself is are you a sheep or a Lion?

You should stand up for yourself and use that bir ras and NOT anger (as we all know anger is bad). Do you really want to be like the singh in the video below:

Are you serious? If he and you both know it was an accident, then there is no real need to apologize, much less "drop him" (assuming that means the same thing in UK as it does here). Anyway you should have expected that i you are playing rugby in pagh. Next time tie a patka with a scrum cap on top

but isnt it manners to say sorry if you have done something like that? when i normally play rugby i play with a small patka hair back. anyway the guy could do it again on purpose

It is proper manners to apologize, and I would be mad if he didn't, but not to the point where I would get into an argument. If he does it again on purpose that's when you mess him up

guys. he did it on purpose. a friend told me that he slid his hand under my pagh. he then blamed other people when i asked who did it. i asked for an apology today, he was scared so said it, without me asking. i then heard him making racist/ bigoted remarks. i had had enough, he had been racist to me before, and was then saying to my sikh friend "you have crap on your head." i waited for lunchtime, when they were playing football i punched him and said "don't do anything like this again". then my friends kicked him.

now i think i'll get in trouble, i'm in my last year of school (year 11) and i need a good record (i already have one, good grades no bad things) he said he is going to snitch off me. nothing happened to me in the last lessons. i took a hukamnama when i got home and i got this:

ਸਾਰੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਚਉਪਦੇ ਘਰੁ ੫

Saarang, Fifth Mehl, Chau-Padas, Fifth House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਹਰਿ ਭਜਿ ਆਨ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਕਾਰ ॥

Meditate, vibrate on the Lord; other actions are corrupt.

ਮਾਨ ਮੋਹੁ ਨ ਬੁਝਤ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਕਾਲ ਗ੍ਰਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Pride, attachment and desire are not quenched; the world is in the grip of death. ||1||Pause||

ਖਾਤ ਪੀਵਤ ਹਸਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਅਉਧ ਬਿਤੀ ਅਸਾਰ ॥

Eating, drinking, laughing and sleeping, life passes uselessly.

ਨਰਕ ਉਦਰਿ ਭ੍ਰਮੰਤ ਜਲਤੋ ਜਮਹਿ ਕੀਨੀ ਸਾਰ ॥੧॥

The mortal wanders in reincarnation, burning in the hellish environment of the womb; in the end, he is destroyed by death. ||1||

ਪਰ ਦ੍ਰੋਹ ਕਰਤ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਪਾਪ ਰਤ ਕਰ ਝਾਰ ॥

He practices fraud, cruelty and slander against others; he sins, and washes his hands.

ਬਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬੂਝ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਮ ਮੋਹ ਮਹਾਂ ਅੰਧਾਰ ॥੨॥

Without the True Guru, he has no understanding; he is lost in the utter darkness of anger and attachment. ||2||

ਬਿਖੁ ਠਗਉਰੀ ਖਾਇ ਮੂਠੋ ਚਿਤਿ ਨ ਸਿਰਜਨਹਾਰ ॥

He takes the intoxicating drugs of cruelty and corruption, and is plundered. He is not conscious of the Creator Lord God.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗੁਪਤ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਿਓ ਨਿਆਰੋ ਮਾਤੰਗ ਮਤਿ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ॥੩॥

The Lord of the Universe is hidden and unattached. The mortal is like a wild elephant, intoxicated with the wine of egotism. ||3||

ਕਰਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸੰਤ ਰਾਖੇ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਅਧਾਰ ॥

In His Mercy, God saves His Saints; they have the Support of His Lotus Feet.

ਜੋਰਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਰਨਿ ਆਇਓ ਗਪਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਅਪਾਰ ॥੪॥੧॥੧੨੯॥

With his palms pressed together, Nanak has come to the Sanctuary of the Primal Being, the Infinite Lord God. ||4||1||129||