Will there be freedom of speech in khalistan ?

Not condoning it, but judging by surviving accounts he knew how to separate or time his 'shenanigans' so that they didn't generally interfere with his ruling.

Well I think it will be tolerant and allow other religions to be in involved in political/state roles... I base my assumption on the fact Muslims and Hindus have been able to practice their religion in areas dominated by Sikhs in relative safety for centuries! MJS govt had people of differing faiths in high positions and I have never heard anyone quibble over this, Most Sikhs respect Peers and Sadhus which can be seen in nearly every pind in Punjab... So why do you think Sikhs will be intolerant to other religions?

Your intentions are good . But things are not so B&W ! Its a dynamic situation . Say , you make khalistan today with 3% muslims and since you are going to treat them well , they as per their own religion are taught to spread themselves as much as they can !

In 50 yrs , your 3% muslims will swell up to 10% , then what ??? As they increase in numbers , they have a reputation to show their might , by asking for halaal products , etc etc ...

Somewhere the clash would happen ! But then if you oppress them to control them , its against principles of sikhism,

Also , how will the fundies in our community tend to see growth of other religions .

Surely , somewhere you will have to make compromising choices ! thats inevitable ...

be 100% ok with everyone and give them what they want , they grow and you end up with a sikh state in which sikhs maybe minority

or you have to control them somehow , but by principles of faith , u r not supposed to do that either !

We gotta take baby steps and get basic things right first..learn how to run gurdwara first then run some banana republic island than we can all talk about running khalistan..!!

Although I agree to an extent. I always come across people that state "O but we cant even run a Gurdwara properly"

But this is assuming all Gurdwaray are run badly! I have seen Gurdwaray run fantastically well! Like every country is run differently as Khalistan will be so are Gurdwaray run differently... we should not tar all Gurdwara committee's or management with the same brush in my humble opinion. I never seen any post on this forum from people praising the hardwork and good organisation of a Sikh youth camp or how committee members keep the sangat engaged! Not all Sikhs are inept!!!

But this is assuming all Gurdwaray are run badly! I have seen Gurdwaray run fantastically well! Like every country is run differently as Khalistan will be so are Gurdwaray run differently... we should not tar all Gurdwara committee's or management with the same brush in my humble opinion. I never seen any post on this forum from people praising the hardwork and good organisation of a Sikh youth camp or how committee members keep the sangat engaged! Not all Sikhs are inept!!!

I was speaking more from my own experience in my own local gurdwaras.

One thing that seems to get ignored is the general 'vibe' of our community. Truth is we aren't especially reserved or restrained when we get going. We ARE combustible people, for better or for worse.

We aren't particularly good at organisation and structure - probably at least in part because we are generally free spirited and independent minded. Plus we have that Indian corruption thing as much as any others, which WILL effect things.

We have serious baggage from Panjabi culture that nobody seems to want to let go of anytime soon either which will define K'stan. So we knoe caste divisions will quickly manifest and effect all organisations/bureaucracy.

Talking realistically, I'd say we still have a hell of a lot of growing up to do as a people - and yes, personally I think it would be infinitely smarter to do this before we get a country - instead of facing the not implausible possibility of a seriously backwards 'Sikh country' dealing with all the crap we struggle with today. And I'm talking about drink, drugs, female infanticide, casteism and all that other good stuff we've had going on for a while now.

Should add^^^^

We have a terrible tendency to ignore pressing issues that make us uncomfortable too........as seen with the ostrich stance towards the grooming of Sikh girls, or casteism for instance.

Point is that we are rife for internal conflict and civil war with our current lack of cohesion, which will become even more pronounced if we concentrate into a state.

And we haven't spoke about how nonSikhs will feel about this. We'll need to persuade them too, unless people are planning a Pakistani style 'clean up' partition style...........

Sikh majority in Punjab is decreasing. There will be a day when we will become a minority in our own land. What kind of Khalistan would there be with a Sikh minority? We had our chance, and we missed it. The Hindus won't want to leave India.

Israel is facing a similar problem. The Arab population in Israel is growing faster than the Jewish population. Eventually, Israel will have to decide whether it wants to be a Jewish state or a democratic state. They can't be both. The Arab majority will drown out the Jews in a democracy.

Only way we can have Khalsa Raj is if we spread our faith. Guru Nanak went as far as Turkey, spreading his message. We should be following his lead. We should analyze gurbani and see what it has to offer to the world.

States that are not secular inherently are intolerant of other peoples. Show me one religious state that had complete religious tolerance of all its different religions. I am pro-Khalistan, but the only way it will be a stable country is if it is a secular democracy

what if democracy falls in hand of corrupt people ?

Sikh majority in Punjab is decreasing. There will be a day when we will become a minority in our own land. What kind of Khalistan would there be with a Sikh minority? We had our chance, and we missed it. The Hindus won't want to leave India.

Israel is facing a similar problem. The Arab population in Israel is growing faster than the Jewish population. Eventually, Israel will have to decide whether it wants to be a Jewish state or a democratic state. They can't be both. The Arab majority will drown out the Jews in a democracy.

Only way we can have Khalsa Raj is if we spread our faith. Guru Nanak went as far as Turkey, spreading his message. We should be following his lead. We should analyze gurbani and see what it has to offer to the world.

Exactly...forget the politics....the khalsa is chakarvarti and should spread across the whole dunya...our sole duty is to live sikhi and to spread sikhi through pyaar and seva...nothing else is important...took me a while to realise it..but i eventually did