covering hair...

curioustoknow

Its definitely a point of frustration though, when it's falling, for me anyway, I've got kids so I have so many other things to worry about than trying to keep it on

But I was doing some research and was reading that Sikhi women have to cover their shoulders too? Is that right? Because I saw some pictures of women wearing a turban, and it was pretty, but when I read that, it didn't correlate...can someone direct me correctly?

ref: http://www.ethnicityonline.net/sikh_dress.htm

Argh... wear a beautiful dastar and you don't have the problem of a piece of cloth sliding off your head.

off course it matters, that like asking if its ok if trousers keep falling down.

the headcovering should be proper, but it usually the cheapo cloth that keeps sliding down or backwards.

If you feel obliged to keep a secure covering on your head, then do it. If not, don't bother- No one is going to mind!!!

!

so does it matter or not? And do your shoulders need to be covered?

so does it matter or not? And do your shoulders need to be covered?

curioustoknow ji, you are born and bought up in america so you may not understanding certain indic cultural values which are shared by all eastern dharmas, nor you expected to learn certain indic cultural values as you are born and bought up in america.

Your best bet is looking at sikh cultural values through 3ho sikhs (organization which have loads of white sikh converts), usually they are pretty good at filtering cultural baggage while drawing fine line balance between cultural baggage vs guru's tradition and good at upholding the guru's tradition to heart..

480512_360909687320428_1684376762_n.jpg

curioustoknow ji, you are born and bought up in america so you may not understanding certain indic cultural values which are shared by all eastern dharmas, nor you expected to learn certain indic cultural values as you are born and bought up in america.

You are best bet is looking at sikh cultural values through 3ho sikhs (organization which have loads of white sikh converts), usually they are pretty good at filtering cultural baggage while drawing fine line balance between cultural baggage vs guru's tradition and while upholding the guru's tradition to heart..

beautiful pic!

not sure what you are saying...are you saying to cover shoulders or not?