Brar 's attackers arrested

Beginner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19867872

I'm choked. The people who did this are now arrested while the paapi is made a bigger hero? I'm not in the UK, but is there ANYTHING to be done to help protect the ones arrested and expose the paapi's crimes? We could bring 1984 to the forefront now. Let's not let the heroes' who attacked him have done his in vain. What's ironic is that they were arrested by the counter terrorism unit. Flippin stupid.

The people who did this are now arrested while the paapi is made a bigger hero?

If you look at it from a neutral perspective, reading news story about 78yr old man being attacked with attempt to take his life and he survives with a couple scratches then yeah, in the eyes of some, he probs does look like a hero.

I'm not in the UK, but is there ANYTHING to be done to help protect the ones arrested and expose the paapi's crimes? We could bring 1984 to the forefront now. Let's not let the heroes' who attacked him have done his in vain. What's ironic is that they were arrested by the counter terrorism unit. Flippin stupid.

As far as the Law is concerned the people you call hero's are the ones that have wronged.

I wasnt there and havent read any detailed reports of what exactly happened, but IMO them guys trying to kill Brar shouldnt have ran away. If they didnt run away there wouldnt be no need for no counter terrorism unit and 13, 15 16 people arrested or whatever the number is.

I dont know how the Police works exactly but the Counter Terrorism Unit, probs is better at dealing with foreign stuff than your average Constable which maybe why they were called in.

I'm not saying the people who attacking Brar were wrong. I understand people want Justice for what happened in 1984. The Governments been asked over and over and we get nothing. I understand that part. But theres still a part of me that see's this whole incidence as an act of revenge rather than Justice. Maybe my view is twisted I dunno.

Say for example Brar died that day. What difference would it really make?

Also how do you think this news would be reported by the worlds media? General Brar killed in act of revenge or General Brar killed in act of justice?

say theres a serial killer who murders an entire family and instead of arresting him the police say forget it what difference would it really make

Pathetic how the BBC added this after overemphasising the crime against him...

'He led the 1984 raid on Sikhism's holiest shrine, which saw hundreds die when troops flushed Sikh separatist militants out of the Golden Temple in Amritsar in Punjab state.'

Not that fact he was responsible for a genocide, but more the fact that he had a few plasters on his neck and face.

say theres a serial killer who murders an entire family and instead of arresting him the police say forget it what difference would it really make

i think i said it wrong when i said, what "difference would it really make?". I mean along the lines of what would we gain from killing this 78year old (who i heard rumours he has cancer) out on the street in the way that was attempted?

Say for example a serial killer murders my family and police be like forget it obviously it would hurt alot that people who can do something dont. but anything I do wont change the fact that my family is dead. its easy to say this, but if it wasnt personal its different story, and in that case IMO I'd be thinking about what i can do so it doesnt happen to anyone else. I dont think I'd go hunting the dude as I'm not the violent type. I think in situation like that I'd be hoping Waheguru will give dish out the Justice whether it be in this lifetime or whenever.

When Jews go out and kill Nazi killers it is called justice, but when Sikhs want to kill the people who are responsible for genocide then you want to call it a revenge. Tell me how these two scenarios are different. Only difference is they (i.e., Jews, Hindus, etc.) have power and we don't. Also, why we keep on worrying about the media, this same media (both western and Indian) has not helped us in the last 30 years, and they are not going to help us now. For them we are just a small community that doesn’t count in a scheme of things.

I am not against having some leverage on the media, but presently we should not worry about the media because they are not going to help. However, I keep on reading what western media thinks about us!!

When Jews go out and kill Nazi killers it is called justice, but when Sikhs want to kill the people who are responsible for genocide then you want to call it a revenge. Tell me how these two scenarios are different. Only difference is they (i.e., Jews, Hindus, etc.) have power and we don't. Also, why we keep on worrying about the media, this same media (both western and Indian) has not helped us in the last 30 years, and they are not going to help us now. For them we are just a small community that doesn’t count in a scheme of things.

I am not against having some leverage on the media, but presently we should not worry about the media because they are not going to help. However, I keep on reading what western media thinks about us!!

Difference is is that when the Mossad did those missions to hunt down escaped Nazi's, they had a country backing them that was friendly with the West. We have no nation to support us