Sign in to follow this  
CalgaryKeertan

iGurbani for iOS Devices - Gurbani Search Engine+

With Guru Maharaj's Apaar Kirpa the Akal Design team is proud to announce iGurbani for iOS devices.

This app requires no internet connection and contains all of the Sikh Scriptures.

The focus of this app is to allow the user to accurately read the shabads from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji following a revolutionary style of showing the vishraams. Instead of commas and other punctuation the vishraams are highlighed in a specific color.

PLEASE NOTE: Since the Gurmukhi is from a new source and the database has been rebuilt from the ground up there are some errors that we could not catch during development. We are going to rely on the Sangat to help us identify and correct those errors.

Scriptures

1. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

2. Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

3. Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaaran

4. Bhai Nand Lal Ji

Translations

ENGLISH

- Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa

- Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji

OTHER TRANSLATIONS

- SGGS Darpan (Prof. Sahib Singh Ji)

- Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji

- Faridkot Teeka

VISHRAAM

- Baba Darshan Singh Ji (Mallehwal)

- Baba Jaswant Singh (Bhagat Ji)

For more information please visit http://www.igurbani.com/about.

CURRENT STATUS: The app has been submitted to the Apple App Store and is currently Waiting for Review.

• Like 3

Yes it is formated for the iPhone 5's larger screen.

As for the iPad, it has not been optimized yet but in the very near future it will. For now you can run it like any other app on the iPad.

Looks amazing, the Vishraams /extra translations etc - Love it! Love the detailed instructions/details on your website too.

I always used to use the iGurbani online app but search stopped working for me recently so i'm back to using Gurbani Anywhere. Much prefer the layout, style and options of iGurbani though.

Really look forward to it coming out. Paid or free, it's defo one i'm getting :)

Great Seva... Maharaj Kirpa Karey!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru JI KI Fateh!

Can't wait for this! this is going to revolutionise gurbani apps , especially with the vishraam colour layout.

Great Sewa!!! Especially with the lareevaar option as this was not available on gurbani anywhere.

App is Crashing

If you are experiencing some issues with iGurbani, specifically if the app is crashing then the best way to let the team know is to submit a crash report. This is done by syncing your device with iTunes and making sure you select "OK to send data to Apple". This way the team can get a copy of those reports and implement a fix as soon as possible. For more information on how to submit a crash report please go here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4325837/how-to-get-iphone-app-users-to-submit-crash-reports

SOLUTION to App Crash on Startup

All components needed for iGurbani did not download correctly to your device because it ran out of space.

Remove songs, images and apps to make some room and re-install.

i really want to use the app but it keeps crashing on start up screen................. i have 856 MB available but it still does it.... any solutions ??? :D

• Like 1

Have been using iGurbani quite a bit since yesterday. Great app. Gives a large number of options /preferences.

An appeal to the developers - kindly add a means to copy a whole sabad or maybe even a single line so that it can be used to copy/paste to other documents.

Thank you

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw vwihgurU jI kI Pqh ]

You need at least 1 GB of empty space. After that it should work.

Sudar Gutka, Landscape mode and other features are coming in future updates. For more info visit iGurbani.com/about