Whats the right***thing to do

Guest Jinder

Maybe she has depression. Its hard to tell what the mental state of a person is, they look normal on top, but their disorder is invisible.

Its not right what she is doing, she may not even know she is doing it.. A lady was once shouted at and humiliated infront of lots of customers on a busy day, in a punjabi grocery store, as she had been something quite often. Not sure what she was doing,, but guessing it was stealing...but she was so nicely dressed, a middle aged woman, from a respectable family, and kept saying sorry afterwards, as she didnt realise she did it, but the way she was humiliated in front of everyone, that was very hurtful.

I feel somebody should be told with sincerity and pyar in order to help her.

If she does have the problem, her family will appreciate it as they may not know she has a problem for which she could get further professional help. If she doesnt have a problem or disorder, then i would feel it as my duty to let her know she has been spotted on dvd, then it will make her think twice next time she does it.

Yes like bhenji said. I have a family member who doesn't know what they are doing sometimes like they cant tell from right and wrong at times and they need to be calmly explained. Its not their fault. So maybe this was the case with this lady also. Depression does cause this because there are many different forms of depression.

You never know the problems people can have a fiver is nothing, what some people do which others don't notice or understand is some people actually take change out of money they can put down a tenner and get change from the rest, can you blame someone they might need to use the money for something else. It could be the person who is collecting the money might have asked her to get some bits of the money to pay a taxi or something else.

It's best to leave situations like this plus kirtan smagams have a lot of people their to see if someone is stealing and if someone is there can be other reasons for which people can help someone out with.

Noone noticed because she was a professional at stealing money i kno a fiver is not going to close down the gurdwara but its about having principles dalbir. not taking change so you have made profit :/

Regardless of if this woman has issues or not the money donated by the Sangat is sacred and for that to be stolen is very serious. This woman absolutely should be spoken to and the committee (as corrupt as they may be) should be informed as I am sure they will be very keen for this to stop.